So duping is a violation of the Sony TOS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter White & Nerdy
  • 35 comments
  • 3,738 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
4,198
United States
Wasilla, AK
Whoa whoa whoa...

You believe that there could be a possibility that PD would intend that they expect players to violate Sony's TOS by creating multiple accounts to gift cars to copy them (etc).

My mind = blown.

Let's not turn this into a pro-duping/anti-duping thread. I'd not like to be banned.
 
What does the Sony TOS say?
 
You cannot create multiple accounts. Good thing I have a brother that sends me back the car if I need another one... or something
 
Since there is nowhere NEAR the amount of events that GT4 had, yeah i started another account to start the game again.
 
Ah.

In that case, they probably don't care, since half the people here have alts for the WRS. I guess it's not as much of a problem as I thought.

/thread
 
I first created an alternate account to get demos off the US PSN, seeing as the EU one was way behind at times. I don't think it's anything anyone will be getting kicked off PSN for.
 
i got 6 accounts for socom, and use 5 of them for gt 5 too.
 
Creating multiple accounts isn't against the TOS if you use accurate details to set them up. However using fake details to set up an account is against the TOS and you could be banned for it, the chance of this happening is slim though.
 
You cannot create multiple accounts. Good thing I have a brother that sends me back the car if I need another one... or something

Er, where does it say that?
 
Er, where does it say that?

Seriously?

Section 1 of the ToSUA;

Section 1
All information provided during account registration must be truthful and accurate; SCEA reserves the right to cancel any account that uses untruthful or inaccurate information.

That's why duping is against the rules if you use accounts that are set up with any fake info.

I doubt anyone would do that though because the risk of a complete IP ban is too high.
 
I guess duplication isn't necessarily against it. You can duplicate a car TO someone, without actually creating an alternate account. However if you want to own a duplicate of that car, you can do it without having a second account, but rather a helpful friend
 
Damn! I've realized my mistake. Next time, I will fill in TRUTHFUL information. I'm going to delete all of my alternates.
 
Section 1 of the ToSUA;

Section 1
All information provided during account registration must be truthful and accurate; SCEA reserves the right to cancel any account that uses untruthful or inaccurate information.

That's why duping is against the rules if you use accounts that are set up with any fake info.

I doubt anyone would do that though because the risk of a complete IP ban is too high.

Where do you get from:
the right to cancel any account
to
the risk of a complete IP ban is too high.

The main idea for the formulation seems to me that SONY can pursue people that get DLC and do not pay and when they try to claim the payment it shows that the information in the account is fake.
 
Where do you get from: the right to cancel any account to the risk of a complete IP ban is too high?

The main idea for the formulation seems to me that SONY can pursue people that get DLC and do not pay and when they try to claim the payment it shows that the information in the account is fake.


Whether you like the ToSUA or not... you signed up to it too and you have to abide by it! The terms go way beyond simply recouping DLC losses.

As with the XBL:TOS the company providing the service pretty much have the right to everything.

Section 2
you hereby give SCEA your express consent to monitor and record your activities and communications. SCEA reserves the right to remove any content and communication from Sony Online Services at SCEA's sole discretion without notice. SCEA may use any data it collects, including the content of your communications, the time and location of your activities, your Online ID and IP address and any other collectable data, to enforce this Agreement or protect the interests of SCEA, Sony Online Services users or SCEA's licensors.

I know people who've been IP-banned by PSN for various reasons including making accounts with fake details.
 
This is the first forum I have ever used, mainly because I love GT. I found the first 2 threads like this I read funny but you lot arguing with strangers constantly is pathetic
 
This is the first forum I have ever used, mainly because I love GT. I found the first 2 threads like this I read funny but you lot arguing with strangers constantly is pathetic

Not to say I don't agree that the constant arguing is boring, but expect much the same with any other forum you might register with unless it's a forum about the Dalai Lama and spiritual enlightenment. I don't think they have much to argue about. People here do, however.

I don't see how you can buy DLC without accurate details, as you have to transfer the money into your PSN wallet before you can buy anything, or have I missed something here? I did use Apple's address to register my US account, but I don't even use that any more.

Also, I don't see how Sony can ban you entirely for a fake account unless they were to IP ban you, and then what would the point in that be? You'd never pay for a PS3 game or DLC ever again if you couldn't go online.
 
I have an account for each of my personalities, the last I counted was 12 I think. It's 13 you idiot! Shut up, it's 12! So it works out fine me, I mean us...:crazy:
 
TurboProp
I have an account for each of my personalities, the last I counted was 12 I think. It's 13 you idiot! Shut up, it's 12! So it works out fine me, I mean us...:crazy:

Your not funny.
 
This thread is about DUPING. DUPING (save data exploit) has absolutely nothing to do with creating more accounts. thats BIRTHDAY GLITCHING?
 
Please Sony let the banning BEGIN! I will even help provide a list of dupers that I know of to aid you.
 
This thread is about DUPING. DUPING (save data exploit) has absolutely nothing to do with creating more accounts. thats BIRTHDAY GLITCHING?
If you're duping for yourself, you need more than one account.
 
Please Sony let the banning BEGIN! I will even help provide a list of dupers that I know of to aid you.

Then you could start with everybody who has an additional PSN ID beginning with a GTP_ tag. I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends here.
 
Please Sony let the banning BEGIN! I will even help provide a list of dupers that I know of to aid you.
This would be fantastic if you could actually prove that dupers were going against the TOS. I'd also love to know why you seem to think it matters enough to you what people do with their own games that people should be banned from PSN for it.
 
Please Sony let the banning BEGIN! I will even help provide a list of dupers that I know of to aid you.

Good luck with that.
 
Please Sony let the banning BEGIN! I will even help provide a list of dupers that I know of to aid you.

Yeah, because every time someone dupes a car, yours gets trashed, right?
 
This thread is about DUPING. DUPING (save data exploit) has absolutely nothing to do with creating more accounts. thats BIRTHDAY GLITCHING?

It does if people have used inaccurate information to create those accounts.

If they haven't then, as you say, there's no problem with the parts of the ToS that I quoted.

I'd like to point something else out too; it's theoretical. The ToS only shows that Sony CAN ban people using inaccurate information, not that they WILL.
 
Wow you guys are so sensitive...it was a joke, there is no way Sony could pull off a mass banning purely based on speculation...:nervous:
 
...there is no way Sony could pull off a mass banning purely based on speculation...

Of course not. They'd use the data that people supply to them everytime there PSN connections are active.

I'll point it out again... the ToS say they can, not that they will. Important difference.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back