So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
Sony pushes PD to use the maximum of the hardware and any new features the hardware can do. It causes GT5/6 to do head tracking with the camera, 3D version, multiscreen support, 1080p high resolution. These take developer time investment.
PS4 GT will almost certainly be VR supported, a massive thing for PD. And it can also justify the investment in interior modeling and may even be the reason the modeling is done in the first place.
There wasn't much Morpheus action at E3, I think GT is highly linked to Morpheus, the two will be shown together at the next opportunity. I think now in first half of 2016 Morpheus and GT will launch as a boxed package. A box I will buy.

Sony pushes PD to use the maximum of the hardware and any new features the hardware can do. It causes GT5/6 to do head tracking with the camera, 3D version, multiscreen support, 1080p high resolution. These take developer time investment.
PS4 GT will almost certainly be VR supported, a massive thing for PD. And it can also justify the investment in interior modeling and may even be the reason the modeling is done in the first place.
There wasn't much Morpheus action at E3, I think GT is highly linked to Morpheus, the two will be shown together at the next opportunity. I think now in first half of 2016 Morpheus and GT will launch as a boxed package. A box I will buy.
This raises an issue I hadn't thought of.

Standard cockpit + Morpheus =
smiley-sick009.gif

Yeah, I think this will be one of the game to support Morpheous. Not sure how many games will Morpheus have. The problem is they have to spend more time in development. Most, 95% of people will probably not care. I think it might be really cool with the headset though. That is the problem they have. They have to do so many things.

What?

VG Chartz is still lower than the reality, often. Because they don't account demat, bundles and countries outside USA, Europe and Japan.

For GT6, you must add 1 million, at least.

Absolutely. They still have not fixed their estimates with actual number released by the company who make the games and distribute it :banghead: Vgcahrtz should just be used as an estimate. They have no info about digital sales, Only US, Japan and may be UK numbers as well. Rest is estimate with online retailers depending etc.

Last edited:
After what I've seen from F6, I think we'll get only 20 cars on screen at one time. The game will be so detailed with sound, birds flying, 3D fans in the stands, real time cloud movement and cloud shadows on the track, all cars headlights at night, ambient lighting in cars during night racing, fully working instrument panels in driver's view, full animated pit crews, tyre marks that stay on track through all race sessions, air traffic, real water effects, PD will say they cant get more than 20 cars on track because they maxed out the PS4.

...Now that the E3 is dealt with, I can honestly say GT7 better be amazing. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FM6, as good as that game might turn out to be, will still be short of one thing that GT7 will (might) have: dynamic weather and day/night cycle. FM6 won't have these, according to their press bumpf.

If GT7 (or whatever it ends up being called) doesn't feature those two elements, you can bet your bottom dollar the Internetz will explode, people will arm themselves with pitchforks and torches and whatnots, ready to burn some PDI effigies.

I'm expecting to see all the tracks in the game to feature weather and day/night cycle. It'd be a professional suicide not to have that when almost all your "perceived" rivals feature those two.

...I just hope PDI isn't gonna do a dumb thing and release a game with 5 -10 tracks only...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FM6, as good as that game might turn out to be, will still be short of one thing that GT7 will (might) have: dynamic weather and day/night cycle. FM6 won't have these, according to their press bumpf.

I'm expecting to see all the tracks in the game to feature weather and day/night cycle. It'd be a professional suicide not to have that when almost all your "perceived" rivals feature those two.

Me confused.
I take it FM6 is not a "perceived" rival.
Do know what you're getting at though.

I have nothing against standards if they are made semi-premium but if they stay then it may be evidence that difference between GT6 and GT7 will be just as big as between GT5 and 6. Maybe some new features, new cars, tracks, better sounds. I would like to be proven wrong though. Don't get me wrong, I love GT but it seems like not much is changed. Maybe camera view seems to make it like that, It's ok but the same since GT1. It should be more adjustable.

...Now that the E3 is dealt with, I can honestly say GT7 better be amazing. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say FM6, as good as that game might turn out to be, will still be short of one thing that GT7 will (might) have: dynamic weather and day/night cycle. FM6 won't have these, according to their press bumpf.

If GT7 (or whatever it ends up being called) doesn't feature those two elements, you can bet your bottom dollar the Internetz will explode, people will arm themselves with pitchforks and torches and whatnots, ready to burn some PDI effigies.

...I just hope PDI isn't gonna do a dumb thing and release a game with 5 -10 tracks only...

Dynamic weather vs Livery editor I bet will be the key talking points (don't think PD will add a livery editor).

I have nothing against standards if they are made semi-premium but if they stay then it may be evidence that difference between GT6 and GT7 will be just as big as between GT5 and 6. Maybe some new features, new cars, tracks, better sounds. I would like to be proven wrong though. Don't get me wrong, I love GT but it seems like not much is changed. Maybe camera view seems to make it like that, It's ok but the same since GT1. It should be more adjustable.

People that say this I can only assume having played Next-gen or better racing games yet. Trust me just randomly go to a gamestop if you haven't already I believe they have both Pcars and Driveclub at the PS4 kiosk, or heck do like I did watch DiRT Rally on Youtube or Steam, and you'll be rethinking the statement of semi-premium.

PD literally has people wrapped up in the 1000+ cars and standard, semi-premium, premium, and super premium nonsense that's literally what it is.

No other game is using these tactics which in it's own right is down right hilarious when you think about it.

When you see proper racing games, or any type for that matter it really makes you question games like Gran Turismo all around for example I no longer call GT Real Driving anything, and I believe for some after Pcars GT is considered Arcade(Yep I went there), but simply speaking they've fallen, and fallen bad I would literally have extremely low expectations on GT7 now at this point.

I know I've already said this in other threads, but DiRT 3 and Grid AS along with F1 game blew me away on PC(Laptop) vs GT5/GT6. Seeing Driveclub and DiRT Rally along with Gameplay of Project Cars yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................That made me want to drop the three games that blew me away and just take a PS4 out of Gamestop, or go build me a PC(Desktop) and get Project Cars at very least.

People that say this I can only assume having played Next-gen or better racing games yet. Trust me just randomly go to a gamestop if you haven't already I believe they have both Pcars and Driveclub at the PS4 kiosk, or heck do like I did watch DiRT Rally on Youtube or Steam, and you'll be rethinking the statement of semi-premium.

PD literally has people wrapped up in the 1000+ cars and standard, semi-premium, premium, and super premium nonsense that's literally what it is.

No other game is using these tactics which in it's own right is down right hilarious when you think about it.

When you see proper racing games, or any type for that matter it really makes you question games like Gran Turismo all around for example I no longer call GT Real Driving anything, and I believe for some after Pcars GT is considered Arcade(Yep I went there), but simply speaking they've fallen, and fallen bad I would literally have extremely low expectations on GT7 now at this point.

I know I've already said this in other threads, but DiRT 3 and Grid AS along with F1 game blew me away on PC(Laptop) vs GT5/GT6. Seeing Driveclub and DiRT Rally along with Gameplay of Project Cars yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......................................That made me want to drop the three games that blew me away and just take a PS4 out of Gamestop, or go build me a PC(Desktop) and get Project Cars at very least.

There are many cool standards in there but if they made the game premium only then it would feel much more polished. I have played PC and I will be playing Driveclub, graphics are just photorealistic right now and GT may really not be treated seriously with PS2 era cars. GT isn't full sim but not arcade either. Games like this are really needed too.

A little bird told me: It's always best to expect very little, that way what you get will feel like a whole lot! :sly:

As for when?

Keep yourself busy doing something, and soon enough, you'll be too busy playing GT7. :bowdown:

Back