So GT7 is now really on its way, when and what can we expect?

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 494 comments
What I hope for - Like a band that goes through a stagnant period with a couple of so-so albums I hope GT finally returns to form with a solid release that has all the quality of the old games that made me love the series.

What I expect - More of the same as GT5 and GT6 with a copy/paste A-Spec, missing/delayed features and false promises.

I suppose it's good for PD that my expectations couldn't be much lower, it should be easy for them to blow me away.

hhhhmmmm...we don't know much...but I'm going to guess.......

1400 cars
40 locations
85 tracks
full 1080P @ 60 fps
better sounds
larger more detailed course maker
more visual customization (not a fully livery editor though)

other things of course but this is just off the top of my head.

Edit: I don't think we'll see much if any marketing for GT7 unless Kaz is directly asked about it in an interview until the end of 2014. They'll spend this year getting the bulk of the stuff for GT6 dealt with and start pushing GT7 in 2015. Though I can't say I think the game will come out in 2015...
Read the box dude. Other than a few cars and tracks, you just described GT6
smiley-laughing011.gif

Well it took Kaz 16 :censored:ing years to finally talk to the fans, so maybe Gran Turismo 7 will be something completely :censored:ing different. Most likely it's gonna be the same 🤬 but if Kaz really listened to us it might be some new 🤬.

Are you being intentionally obtuse or is that just how it happens?

Not going to waste the time it would take to explain myself.
I'll explain it for you since you don't seem to understand it:

1400 cars - GT6 1200 cars
40 locations - GT6 38 locations
85 tracks - GT6 75 track variations
full 1080P @ 60 fps - GT6 1440x1080p @60fps (advertised)
better sounds - talked about for a decade
larger more detailed course maker - GT6 promised not delivered
more visual customization (not a fully livery editor though) - GT6 promised and delivered, and no full livery editor

If they somehow still after the backlash keep the standards, hope they throw them away from the dealership, pretty annoying to search through a kazillion cars to finally find the premium one I want.

Also since the sounds is confirmed, I hope for a Liver Editor,better AI, better damage Model and ditch GT6's crap offline grind fest into an actual enjoyable single player career. They were so good at them too just take cues from the past PD, also more fantasy tracks please but that looks to be not happening.

I'll explain it for you since you don't seem to understand it:

1400 cars - GT6 1200 cars
40 locations - GT6 38 locations
85 tracks - GT6 75 track variations
full 1080P @ 60 fps - GT6 1440x1080p @60fps (advertised)
better sounds - talked about for a decade
larger more detailed course maker - GT6 promised not delivered
more visual customization (not a fully livery editor though) - GT6 promised and delivered, and no full livery editor

"other things of course but this is just off the top of my head"

The OP asks what we expect from GT7 and off the top of my head I listed a few things I expect mostly related to car/track count. So in a way yes, you are correct. GT6 also has cars and tracks.

anything I describe as being more or better is in relation to GT6. I imagine that the course maker in GT7 will be larger than the one we get in GT6, I imagine we'll have more visual customization than in GT6 but still no livery editor. I also said *full* 1080P at 60 fps.

So I'll ask again, were you being intentionally obtuse? Because I can't imagine you'd really need me to hold your hand all the way through this.

"other things of course but this is just off the top of my head"

The OP asks what we expect from GT7 and off the top of my head I listed a few things I expect mostly related to car/track count. So in a way yes, you are correct. GT6 also has cars and tracks.

anything I describe as being more or better is in relation to GT6. I imagine that the course maker in GT7 will be larger than the one we get in GT6, I imagine we'll have more visual customization than in GT6 but still no livery editor. I also said *full* 1080P at 60 fps.

So I'll ask again, were you being intentionally obtuse? Because I can't imagine you'd really need me to hold your hand all the way through this.
Your expectations of GT7 are very, very low then. I think most of are expecting much, much more than this on a new generation console. I can cover half of your list by adding 2 tracks with various layouts, 180 cars and some new wings, splitters and wheels. Oh wait, isn't that what they did for GT5>>>GT6?

I expect to be looking up about the game here on release, see that it's another catastrophe that I won't ever buy, and wait to see if the next game is any better, same thing ive been doing since GT5.

You're serious. They achieved 60 fps (albeit not a stable one) and you think it's a good idea to go backwards to 30fps on brand new hardware.
smiley-taunt006.gif
Yes i really really hope they skip 60fps if it means better sound, 3D,
better looking tracks and ambient, more cars... 60 fps is super duper but not if it is at cost of gameplay, physics, weather, sound and vision. If the hardware can handle it all and still have 60fps full HD the go for it.
Ok standards may pull down vision but that is a choice i would take freely if PD puts in a filter which i really hope they do.

Yes i really really hope they skip 60fps if it means better sound, 3D,
better looking tracks and ambient, more cars... 60 fps is super duper but not if it is at cost of gameplay, physics, weather, sound and vision. If the hardware can handle it all and still have 60fps full HD the go for it.
Ok standards may pull down vision but that is a choice i would take freely if PD puts in a filter which i really hope they do.
We both know that no matter what, GT7 will be full 1080p/60fps and the rest of the game will designed around that. If they went backwards with that they'd get slaughtered in the media. We can hope they don't try to do too much with the hardware and shortchange other portions of the game as a result but PD's history would indicate graphics first, everything else second or lower. Hopefully the PS4 has the grunt to get everything done without struggling.

I really expect just a GT6 with some new cars and tracks, better sounds and 1080p 60 fps constant gameplay other then that just the same old recipe: A short career, standards with awful textures and Monaco with terrible textures has well.

Reversing that statement because the "fan base" has become trash itself.

You sure about that I don't think the fanbase is trash, and honestly I doubt you do too. In fact I'm glad that they've started to rebel against this $60 is what they paid for, and this is not what $60 looks like in my opinion. This is two times now that we've been burned, and I'll give GT5 this it wasn't as bad as GT6 it took me longer to return GT5 than it did GT6.

At this rate PD best hope GT7 is groundbreaking like GT1-4 were and more on the side of GT2 and GT3.

You sure about that I don't think the fanbase is trash, and honestly I doubt you do too. In fact I'm glad that they've started to rebel against this $60 is what they paid for, and this is not what $60 looks like in my opinion. This is two times now that we've been burned, and I'll give GT5 this it wasn't as bad as GT6 it took me longer to return GT5 than it did GT6.

At this rate PD best hope GT7 is groundbreaking like GT1-4 were and more on the side of GT2 and GT3.

I'm actually daring to say it wont be groundbreaking in regard to other games. Since games as Drive Club and Project Cars will already be released and showcase ps4 capabilities and new online features. Now PD may squeeze more of the ps4 but not so much it will amaze me from those games. No, the thing is it more appears being same formula we have seen so far but with improved graphics, physics, tracks and sound. If they also ad raceregulations then yes GT7 may be groundbreaking from previous games. Is that a bad thing?

I'm actually daring to say it wont be groundbreaking in regard to other games. Since games as Drive Club and Project Cars will already be released and showcase ps4 capabilities and new online features. Now PD may squeeze more of the ps4 but not so much it will amaze me from those games. No, the thing is it more appears being same formula we have seen so far but with improved graphics, physics, tracks and sound. If they also ad raceregulations then yes GT7 may be groundbreaking from previous games. Is that a bad thing?

Project C.A.R.S could destroy GT7 I feel, it seems to tick all the right boxes and for once PD has actual competition.

The main problem is the wheel support (for both).

I certainly hope that PS4 and GT7 will support my old G25 wheel.

I definitely don't want to drop $300 on a new wheel on top of a $400 PS4.

I certainly hope that PS4 and GT7 will support my old G25 wheel.

I definitely don't want to drop $300 on a new wheel on top of a $400 PS4.

It sadly does not look likely, perhaps us here should start a social campaign.

I hope they add only a couple of carefully selected cars (30)/tracks (6) and use the rest of the resources to focus on other important things.

Standing/double file rolling starts at all times (easy to implement), better A.I. (easy but time consuming to implement), better sounds (pretty much confirmed), event creator (easy to implement), and a fun-enough-to-replay career mode (requires only a little bit of thought). That's all I care about.

Last edited:
Back