So, how was your day?

• Thread starter kidd0218
  • 7,291 comments
Absolute horror. Our 3 week old is currently in the PICU. Somehow he got a bacterial infection that got into his blood and caused him to go into septic shock. Thankfully things have been getting better, but we still have days to go before we can return home. Its hard watching your little baby getting a PICC line installed.

Absolute horror. Our 3 week old is currently in the PICU. Somehow he got a bacterial infection that got into his blood and caused him to go into septic shock.
Wow, thats sounds awful, I hope your toddler is going to recover quickly from that. Any idea where that bacteria came from?

One of our cats. Gave him a little scratch on the head. Since he is so young he has no immune system built up yet. Our pediatrician told us not to worry about. That turned out to be a big mistake. He got infected with a gram negative bacteria called Pasteurella multocida. It resides in quite the number of domesticated animals. Turns out, passing it to humans is very rare. Our Dr. could only find about 40 case studies and none in a child this young. Anyway, it spread rather quickly, taking about 24 hours to turn septic in the blood and shortly there after causing meningitis. Thankfully he is doing much better. His blood cultures are coming back clean, but the meningitis seems to be lingering. Probably going to be stuck in this hospital for about 7 more days, as long as everything keeps moving in a positive direction.

Welp. I think I'm an adult now...

upload_2017-12-11_19-19-46.png

Day after Christmas, I got a new job. Unfortunately I didn't think I'd get it, so I never really mounted snow tires on my IS300, so it was of course a last minute sort of purchase. Borrowed my brother's car and had him pick up my tires and get them mounted whilst I started my first day. Turns out the tire shop not only mounted the tires wrong, but put the wrong wheels on the front. Thus, causing the front wheel/tire to lock up and get my ABS, Brake, and Traction control warning lights to come on.... Had it towed to the dealership and found out about the problem (as mentioned in the last sentence), since the tire shop couldn't figure it out. Also the week's been in the single digits to below 0 degrees fahrenheit, so my apartment's kitchen sink ended up freezing up. Hasn't been a good day or week....
25734314_10215559082989556_5895520988531681460_o.jpg

Today is my birthday and my first official act was heavy barbell bench presses, my second favorite exercise, and I moved a lot of weight many times. A decent start for a birthday I guess. :)

Today is my birthday and my first official act was heavy barbell bench presses, my second favorite exercise, and I moved a lot of weight many times. A decent start for a birthday I guess. :)
It was my birthday too!

I got let off work early and got to talk a super nice Spanish friend today. Pretty happy.

Been quite a long, BORING day for me. For starters, I didn't sleep well during the night, then I get to college and my teacher along with most of my classmates and many others, weren't there for some reason. So we didn't go to the library like we normally do, instead we spent nearly the whole time in the greenhouse doing nothing of interest and it didn't help I had to stay longer than usual. Why this is happening, I have no clue. Then we had to take my grandma somewhere afterwards and it took a while. Once we got home, my dad had a complicated migraine at work and we had to turn around and go all the way back to get him.

This is quite possibly the longest, most boring day I have had in 2018 so far, but it's nothing a little time on the PS3 can't solve however. Hopefully tomorrow will be more interesting, but I am not counting on it....

Good.

Had breakfast. Tried to get in contact with Aliens through telepathy. Went jogging. Showered. Made lunch for me and my father. Mowed the lawn (took over from my father because he had too much pain). Watched "The Orville" and "The Extant". Fell asleep watching The Extant. Did some GTP work, still doing it. Going to the gym this evening.

All in all, a good day.

It's been a day to say the least.

In the process of changing jobs, returning to college in the fall, finalizing an agreement with the ex so I can spend more time with my boy, and securing a student loan.

But at the same time, in a time of change, knowing the future holds new opportunity is keeping me optimistic.

Despite the fact we started doing our usual Friday stuff on Thursday now, it was pretty good. We went to eat at a place that we very rarely go to and we sat at one of the tables outside (something I've never done there) and this little feline came to visit us:
IMG_2664[1].JPG
IMG_2665[1].JPG
IMG_2666[1].JPG
IMG_2667[1].JPG
It sat near us and even meowed at us, but it wouldn't let us touch it. It had the prettiest eyes I have ever seen on a cat, but you can't really tell in the photos though. It apparently was one of several that lived around the area and was used to being fed by other people. I have to admit, I was pretty sad to leave because I wanted to stay with the cat a little more and what really gets to me is I don't know if I will get to see it ever again. :sad: (I apparently get emotionally attached to cats too easily) Still, it was nice to see it! :)

Overall, pretty good day. Got to go to a place I liked for the first time in a while and made a little friend while I was there. :D Who knows when i'll get to go again, it could be years for all know.

Could have been better, when you wake up with stomach cramps and you find out your stool contains tons of blood and the doctors don't find the source of the bleeding even after an extensive (And quite uncomfortable) examination, the day is kind of ruined.

Getting a more thorough examination in two weeks, until then I'll keep bleeding out of my arse while having cramps. Its not enough blood to be life threatening but, as you can probably imagine, I'm feeling kind of uneasy now.

Went to a motorcycle show / fair yesterday. I want to buy a bike soon so it was a fun time.

Also, I was finally able to see if I could reach the ground on a BMW GS 1200 Adventure and I'm glad I can. It's a heavy and tall beast but surprisingly easy to mount.

Its friday, the day is just starting, im telecommuting and have no worknto do until the network team approves my pathing routes for our new SAN device in our colo DC. Gonna be a good day getting paid to clean my house and play some videogames.

Fan-freaking-tastic!!!

Finished 2 hours early from work due to holiday stuff reasons, and won £530 on some football and CS bets... Could barely been better considering recent results... :lol:

Anyways! :cheers:

Today I had to mercy-kill a little baby bird with a shovel. One of my cats got it so bad its guts was hanging out, no vet could have fixed it. Terrible.

Today I had to mercy-kill a little baby bird with a shovel. One of my cats got it so bad its guts was hanging out, no vet could have fixed it. Terrible.

On Sunday a friend and I were returning home from a long ride when a small bird, half the size of a sparrow, swooped across the bike path, under my frame and right into my mate’s bladed spoke wheels. It planted itself in between the brake calliper and the rim and pretty much decapitated itself.

That was sad.

If only Marokko and Iran had scored 1 more goal today, to either team, I would have won £300 on a £10 bet.

So, safe to say my day was ****. :lol:

Spent the morning riding and just had no power which disappointed me because last weekend I was eating mountains for breakfast. Today I got dropped twice on 2 different group rides.

To make it even better, at some time during my struggle to stay on pace I twanged the tendons in my knee and it aches like a biatch.

I did clean my bikes though, did some light shopping (mostly cat stuff), had a swim, ate some chocolate and got an interview for a second job lined up.

Mixed bag I guess.

Today the docs in the hospital diagnosed me with a severe chronic disease that can potentially kill me in a most agonizing way if treatment does not start immediately.

Hows that for a crappy day. For 29 years I was super healthy, no signs of an kind of problem and suddenly this pops up out of nowhere and ruins my life.

Oh and I feel absolutely and utterly terrible.

Today the docs in the hospital diagnosed me with a severe chronic disease that can potentially kill me in a most agonizing way if treatment does not start immediately.

Hows that for a crappy day. For 29 years I was super healthy, no signs of an kind of problem and suddenly this pops up out of nowhere and ruins my life.

Oh and I feel absolutely and utterly terrible.
Oh God. Right out of the blue? I'll support you in your fight against it.

If you don't mind disclosing, what disease is it?

Back