So....I can no longer use my H-Pattern with cars with....

• Thread starter isamu
  • 21 comments

isamu

(Banned)
......Non-synchronous Sequential Transmission locked in?

Why did PD change this? Why are we no longer allowed to use fully customizeable transmission in online GT Sport races so that those of us with H-pattern gear shifter(ie Logitech G27) can use them? I don't like or use the paddles on my wheel, for a reason!

Thank you. I replied in the other thread. Suffice it to say I'm pissed and done with the game until this changes. I didn't buy a $2100 H-pattern shifter to sit there and be a coffee coaster.

Thank you. I replied in the other thread. Suffice it to say I'm pissed and done with the game until this changes. I didn't buy a $2100 H-pattern shifter to sit there and be a coffee coaster.
This is the definition of a first world problem. You changed the gearbox to one that works with paddles and then wonder why it won't work with the stick shift. The clue is in the word sequential.

Why did PD change this? Why are we no longer allowed to use fully customizeable transmission in online GT Sport races so that those of us with H-pattern gear shifter(ie Logitech G27) can use them? I don't like or use the paddles on my wheel, for a reason!

Because it’s sequential.

Because its non-synchronous transmission. You dont use clutch with non-synchronous transmission.

Sorry guys. I should have clarified. I do not own a *physical* G27 Wheel. I'm emulating the G27 via GIMX. My actual wheel is a Bodnar SS2, which, unfortunately don't have any paddles mounted on it ATM. All I have is my H-Pattern right now so I have to make do with that, despite the game thinking I'm using a real G27.

In any case, I honestly think this was a lame decision by PD. Their assertion that changing gears via h-pattern is actually faster than with paddles is mindblowingly perplexing to say the least. If anything, any sim racer would tel you it's the opposite.

Their assertion that changing gears via h-pattern is actually faster than with paddles is mindblowingly perplexing to say the least. If anything, any sim racer would tel you it's the opposite.

It was, though. There is a simulated shift delay when using a controller or paddles on a standard transmission car. The clutch + shifter let you bypass this delay and shift as fast as you physically could. PD tried to fix this a few different ways, but ended up throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

The logical and simplest solution would have been to just apply the sequential transmission to all N class cars in Sport Mode races. But PD has their own vision of what logic and simplicity are.

I really disagree with this. In a simulation world especially one full of "what ifs" like Gran Turismo has always been... I should be able to drive a full automatic torque converter Ferrari Enzo, a paddle shift Enzo and a manual + clutch Enzo.

We all know the car in the real world only comes with paddles. But we should be catering for all driving preferences in a simulated world AND we should be catering for all skill levels and disabilities.

Racing is for all isnt it?

We could still use clutch & h pattern to shift in GT5 when using a fully customizable gearbox, but at some point during GT6's lifecycle, they disallowed it. The same arbitrary nonsense has been carried over into GT Sport. Some of PD's game design decisions defy common sense as well as reality.

You paid $2100 for a shifter,too play GT Sport ?:confused:

Perhaps you should have spent $350 and bought a G29 and saved yourself the headache.

You paid $2100 for a shifter,too play GT Sport ?:confused:

Perhaps you should have spent $350 and bought a G29 and saved yourself the headache.

I don't think that's possible.
The most expensive H shifter I'm aware of is the Pro sim which is $1500, add to that he say he has a SS2 DD which is $3000 all of this is making about as much sense as my OCD with gear indicators.
20190717_104403.jpg

The most expensive H shifter I'm aware of is the Pro sim which is $1500, add to that he say he has a SS2 DD which is $3000 all of this is making about as much sense as my OCD with gear indicators.
View attachment 836440
It's very possible depending on where you live. In Australia a Fanatec Podium DD2 is $2500 on it's own here. I hate to think what the prices of the truly high end gear would be :crazy:.

It's very possible depending on where you live. In Australia a Fanatec Podium DD2 is $2500 on it's own here. I hate to think what the prices of the truly high end gear would be :crazy:.

True, I didn't consider currency and assumed he was talking US dollars.

View attachment 836440

I bought the Pro Sim shifter when it was just released and at the time, it was around $2000USD. The Bodnar was around $4K for the strongest AKM servo version back then as well. And no I didn't buy this equipment *just* to play GT Sport lol. That would be preposterous. GIMX didn't even support proper FFB wheels at the time.

I bought the Pro Sim shifter when it was just released and at the time, it was around $2000USD. The Bodnar was around $4K for the strongest AKM servo version back then as well. And no I didn't buy this equipment *just* to play GT Sport lol. That would be preposterous. GIMX didn't even support proper FFB wheels at the time.
You have 6 grand in equipment,no paddle shifters, no usefull h shifter and your using GIMX? That is beyond my comprehension. Enjoy your gaming.

You have 6 grand in equipment,no paddle shifters, no usefull h shifter and your using GIMX? That is beyond my comprehension. Enjoy your gaming.

What do you mean by "no useful H shifter"? The shifter is perfectly useful in GT Sport in the single player league. I use the h-pattern in all my PC racing sims and I love it. The Bodnar wheel doesn't come with paddle shifters. Getting a good set of paddle shifters requires getting a nice button plate for the wheel, which, for a decent one is quite pricey but I'm working on getting one soon.

Enjoy my gaming? I play all sorts of racing games but most are on PC. I occasionally like to play the GT series so GIMX is required to use my hardware on the PS4. Not really sure what the point of your post is?

What do you mean by "no useful H shifter"? The shifter is perfectly useful in GT Sport in the single player league. I use the h-pattern in all my PC racing sims and I love it. The Bodnar wheel doesn't come with paddle shifters. Getting a good set of paddle shifters requires getting a nice button plate for the wheel, which, for a decent one is quite pricey but I'm working on getting one soon.

Enjoy my gaming? I play all sorts of racing games but most are on PC. I occasionally like to play the GT series so GIMX is required to use my hardware on the PS4. Not really sure what the point of your post is?
You have a wheel that's clearly not compatible with GTS. Like I said, for $399 you could buy a G29. Problem solved. For $6000 I would be putting a 454 in my 65 Impala.View media item 11826

Back