So, I guess I should introduce myself.

• Thread starter SwitchFX
  • 42 comments
Hey there, my name's Alex. I found this site some years ago, back before it was using this domain name. I decided to sign up finally, since I found out a few months ago about Gran Turismo 5. Currently, I'm figuring out ways to convince my wife, that a 400 dollar gaming console and Gran Turismo is a necessity for me. :P

One of my many hobbies are administrating forums. I just recently bought a IP.Board license, I used to use vBulletin. I held the vB license for a few years before I got rid of it a year ago. I got tired of the whole 'old look' of it. I jumped into the whole IPB scene thanks to a few friends who use the software. Anyway, I've got background in web design and graphics. I like shooting, soccer, fishing, and watching F1. I really like music and movies, so basically all the good stuff. :lol:

Sting, Pink Floyd, REM, Gypsy Kings, Eric Clapton, Maroon 5, Phil Collins, Santana, UB40, U2, and don't call me old for this but I also enjoy The Beatles. :D

Anyway, enough about me. This thread is starting to turn mushy and I don't want to make this place sound like a dating site for Gran Turismo fans. :lol:

Sorry, we've already got an Alex, move along.

Where you from?

Hey welcome to GTP.

So do you run a forum else where. I'm always looking for a new place to hangout. Send me a PM if you do so you won't get into trouble for advertising. Either that or put a link in your sig.👍

Howdy, I'll let someone else do the "watch out for him, and him...and him" bit, but look out for Famine. Duck/EWillis and I are the resident poultry/snitches, and kikie is the resident Emo...

Enjoy.

Hey welcome to GTP.

So do you run a forum else where. I'm always looking for a new place to hangout. Send me a PM if you do so you won't get into trouble for advertising. Either that or put a link in your sig.👍

I know the rules fairly well. As to the site, not yet. It's being worked on in the wee hours of the night.

Howdy, I'll let someone else do the "watch out for him, and him...and him" bit, but look out for Famine. Duck/EWillis and I are the resident poultry/snitches, and kikie is the resident Emo...

Enjoy.

:lol: Thanks for the comedic welcome mate.

Uh huh. No worries indeed. At a word, this thread could be filled with every .gif known to man.

But I'll refrain from unleashing EWillis/Duck upon you, this evening.

But, good job on actually introducing yourself, instead of just saying "Hi GTP, I am here now. Yay me!!"

In other news, you will find alot of the regulars here don't actually do anything regarding Grand Turismo anymore, we are just kind of here to cause problems and harass new guys. See example in the S2000 Initial D challenge thread.

Welcome, and enjoy. Do not anger those that have been previously mentioned, or great calamity will befall you. I jest not, for I have witnessed this calamity befall others.

welcome to gtp...anything you need just holla and someone will jump to you assitance...*cough cough* RJ nar jokes..anything just holla

Hello mate.

If your ever into more of the racing side of things either PC or Gran Turismo then follow a few links in my sig or send a PM.

Well i know its a bit late, but i guess its better late than never.

Welcome to GTP Alex. Hope you enjoy it here. So uh like..... how is your forum going? I really like to hear about the forum, maybe you can PM me the link or put it in your sig so everyone can see it.

Welcome to GTP Alex, watch out for guska & EWillis/Duck, when they get the flu, GTP has to be evacuated.

Welcome!:cheers:

And wasn't there another dude that joined recently that said he lurked around for a while, or was that Sakiale's alter-ego?

And again, very nice to not hear a "HEY DOODZ WATSUP!!!!1!!!!:crazy:" thread that some noobies post from time to time:).

Welcome to GTP!:cheers:, I hope you have a great time here:tup:

WELCOME!!!!

I hope you enjoy your time here at GTPlanet.net! Make sure you read the rules, read them again, write them down, recite them out loud, and repeat.

If you have any questions just throw a PM at me and I'll catch it.

Welcome!:cheers:

And wasn't there another dude that joined recently that said he lurked around for a while, or was that Sakiale's alter-ego?

And again, very nice to not hear a "HEY DOODZ WATSUP!!!!1!!!!:crazy:" thread that some noobies post from time to time:).

1. That dude was not an alter-ego of Sakiale, or at least not the most recent one. His thread read: Newb here, but GT Vet.

2. I agree.

3. EWillis is sick, kikie is an emo, and Famine is a person to watch for? How the times change!

Welcome, SwitchFX, to GT Planet.

*You're posting faster and better than me, even now!*

check.gif
Eloquent.
check.gif
Lurked - then joined.
check.gif
Polite.

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!

Welcome to GTPlanet. 👍

Back