So I went online for the first time today...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wyvern_64
  • 61 comments
  • 5,758 views

Wyvern_64

Premium
Messages
649
United States
Cal Poly SLO CA
Messages
Wyvern_64
First lobby I entered was 2 laps at Nurburgring Nordschleife with the only restriction at max 600 HP. So I entered in my stock Lexus IS Racing Concept @ 506 HP and 1350 kg. The room leader (or creator, whatever you call it) is in a Mazda Furai (mine has 550 HP). The first lap is a pretty good race, I'm in second at the end of it with less than a half second behind him. Then I make a clean pass at Aremberg and lead the rest of the lap. On the final straight I have about a 2 second lead and he kicks me out of the room! So I re-enter the same room and get kicked out right away.

So I think "oh well, he's just a sore loser, I can find another race to enter" and find a different room at Nurburgring with the HP limit at 800 weight limit at 1000kg. So I enter with my fully tuned Ferrari 458 Italia at about 720 HP. I'm in 3rd out of 9 after lap 1, the room leader is first in a DTM touring car (I think the ABT Audi TT one) and once again, I get in first (someone else in second, and the room leader in 3rd), and he kicks both me and the second place guy out!

What is with people?! Can't handle to lose against people online so they just kick them out? It wasn't like I was getting the absolute best car within the limits either, both times I was about 100 HP less than the max. Why do people do this? The EXP/Credit reward can't be THAT good to make people that desperate to win. How often does this happen to people? 👎
 
I hate it when things like that happen, people are always so immature. I stick to racing with friends instead.
 
What?
You can kick people out DURING the race?
Unfair.
 
The anonymous Homo Sapien-Onlinious is a strange thing... not much is know about this creature, but what little is known, all indicates to the same conclusion, there are too many of them, and they are all idiots...
 
Thats pretty stupid. I havent raced much online cause I;m waiting for my CSP to arrive. But sore losers are just that, losers.
 
This game needs some serious patches to sort online out, after 5 years the state its in is nothing short of shocking!

When is the next patch coming?
 
Are you sure you was kicked? cause it could be some random internet error they both show the same error message
 
Nope, my internet connection was perfectly fine. I rarely get any errors.
 
host has to drop out of the race to kick you. Did he do that ? could be a connection issue, router, server, etc. . .
imo, "fixed host" lobbies are primary, if I cant find one that suits my agenda then I fall back on alternating hosts.

ok i see response now, not a router problem, but there are few other places that something can go wrong and you get disconnected, at no fault of yours. When entering a lobby watch to see who is host, and if/when they are on track.
 
Sometimes you lose connection since they don't have enough bandwidth also.
I hope they change the kick message to "You have been kicked from the room" instead of the "You have been disconnected".
 
I don't race online. I rather race against leaderboards, when they have them.
 
yeah. the host has to leave the race to kick someone out...unless he wasn't racing and his friend was the one you were beating and kicked you so his friend could win.
 
This is why I'm apprehensive to race online. When I have, I haven't been the one in the ridiculous car (last time I raced online I was in a 666bhp X540 Chaser, the host was in the Zonda R, no danger of being kicked, there!), but the thought that I might have a fair race and then be kicked for no reason, thus making the race a total waste of my time, is not appealing to me. Other than that, I have raced (pre-online money patch) with friends, but we're rarely online at the same time now.

Oh and also I'm only on a 300k connection which makes online gaming pretty painful.
 
Happens to me everyday sadly, would like a vote kick system like in world of warcraft the host has too much power at the moment
 
I can sadly say i've been kicked myself and it's obvious they are just daft young kids that can't handle defeat, it's immature and plain idiotic if you ask me since the online aspect for me is basically trying to get a challenge and push myself since the single player is far from challenging.
 
To those who asked: Yes, he had to leave the race to kick me. Seems like a lot to have to go through to just get rid of someone who was winning rather than just sucking it up and getting 2nd.
 
Even worse, I get kicked out of the room before the race even starts, for no reason at all.
 
Even worse, I get kicked out of the room before the race even starts, for no reason at all.

I'd rather get kicked then instead of at the end of a long, tough race. :grumpy:
 
Easy solution is to avoid public rooms...

Run the GTPlanet qualifier, get a GTP tag, make new friends on GTPlanet, race against these like minded and fair racers in private lounges.
 
Also the biggest idiots seem to be in the really high hp lobbies. If possible try the more sensibly limited lobbies. Also avoid the lobbies which have the skid force on. Things are more calmer and better in the lobbies where it isn't allowed.

I have not been kicked even once for winning a race (even where the lobby manager came 2nd).
 
The anonymous Homo Sapien-Onlinious is a strange thing... not much is know about this creature, but what little is known, all indicates to the same conclusion, there are too many of them, and they are all idiots...

The sum of all the IQ's on earth is a constant. The population is growing.
 
This is one of the reasons why I don't race online. The other reason is due to the reckless drivers who race to wreck. Because of both of these reasons is exactly why I don't think PD should put so much focus into online. A-spec offline should always be larger than online. Everyone can't get online anyways. Online should be no more than selecting a track, set restrictions and race. There shouldn't be career mode like offline.
 
I've noticed that the same people create rooms, and i just took note of which hosts held good racing.
 
Try joining a race that says "clean racing only" or along those lines. Usually there are good fair players there.
 
I was kicked out earlier tonight, I've just started racing online in the last few days and I've been really enjoying it but I think I need to brush up on the 'regs'. I think I was booted because I was blocking like with the Toyota 7 in Historic Racing Cup, are you not allowed to block online?

I guess not?
 
Sometimes people kick me out for nothing, even if I come in my VW from World War 2 :(
 
Youll learn pretty soon that its best to find a group of people to race with, just find a group of 10-16 so you always have a few online, add them on FB/MSN whatever and set up races.

Also it seems that I always get bashed to smithereens if I join a room hosted by a Spaniard, nothing against them per se, just seems to always be the way. Ho-hum.
 
you cant kick people out when you are in the race
did he quit then you got the messeage "you got kicked" or something like this? if not then it was random internet error
 
OP already confirmed that the lobby owner did drop out of the race before he kicked the OP

Could be a lag issue but it's sadly easy to imagine people doing this also. You have to wonder if they feel better for it, or worse.
 
Back