So I went online for the first time today...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wyvern_64
  • 61 comments
  • 5,758 views
Looks like you people really enjoy the online part of the game ...

I ran online races back in the days of Papyrus's Nascar 2000-something, 2003 or so. Didn't have such issues. Reading this, my sadness that my crappy UMTS connection prevents me from racing online somehow seems only half as bad.
 
I only get kicked when there's a room full of drivers of one nationality, like finland or brazil or something. I never got kicked for winning, but then maybe I'm just lucky.
 
I feel you bro, I entered a room a couple of hours ago with only 2 other people in, My first race I beat them and they both left lol
 
Keep looking for rooms, There are a good number of people that are oline to run clean races. I was amazed the other night when I got on with a friend to start a GT500 class race and got about 10+ random people that came in and ran very clean close races for about 4 hours straight. We were doing 7-15 laps per track, no aids, tire wear/fuel ON. It was the best racing I have experienced on a game hands down. Most of these people are on our friends lists now. So keep looking, and like other people have said, look for the rooms with no aids, damage and tire wear on, GT300, GT500, etc.. When you find good clean drivers put them on your friends list, you will soon build a virtual rollodex to make future rooms/races.
 
Being barely above entry level in the world of racing games (honestly, I feel that may be calling it a little better than it is) I am very hesitant to even attempt online races. Having seen this very behavior in fighting games online though, this occurrence just looks like par for the course unfortunately. I would simply suggest keep trying until you find an honest room or set up your own room if that is an option (not sure how that works in GT5). If you can set up your own room you are not the only one to benefit, others looking for an honest room will benefit as well.
 
Is blocking not 'clean' then?

After I was booted I joined another room and got in a couple of races but I was treading on egg shells so I came last both times, I dare not even get close to other cars and just stayed to one side of the track to let them past for fear of being kicked out.
 
Hahaahha too bad. It's because you are too good, and they want close racing, i always leave races, that i know i can't win, its hard finding people your own skill level.
 
Lol, haven't experienced that yet =P Probs because I never win xD
 
I don't see why anyone would kick somebody for beating them (or about to). I love it when someone beats me (as long as they havent detuned an X2010 to meet the requirements) because I know it has been a good race, because (not meaning to sound arrogant) im usually pretty quick. It's a great bit of fun having such a close exciting race, especially ones that end up with a few tenths between me and another car, first or not. Some people really need to grow up.
 
Shuffle racing is usually pretty good natured. Beginners should give that a go. When I'm too tired to hassle I shuffle.

I only ever kicked 1 person from a room. He was being offensive in a very bad way, so bye bye. (wasn't a shuffle room)
 
Although I very rarely play GT5 online, the same thing happens in a lot of other online games I do play. GTA IV is a prime example, although you don't get 'kicked' very often there is always a whiner who can't stand losing and decides to send you insulting messages after the match saying you cheated blah blah blah, or he'd like me to go do something to my mother. 👎

That actually put's me off playing the game, but am nearly rank 10 so have to continue. :) In GT5 I think you are better off racing against people you know are not like that, rather than random room hopping.
 
I had a good solid two weeks of online racing and was really getting hooked to it.
Then last week I hopped into a street car race (350HP, 1200kg). I went to pass the room host for 3rd place and I had been behind him for awhile. He was doing ok, but had some rough turns where he would lose his racing line a bit. So I got under him and he cut right into me and basically PIT'd himself.

I apologized and told him I had nowhere to go and that I gave him room. He drafted me on a backstretch then rammed me all over the track cussing me out the entire time. Once the race was over he kicked me from the room. I haven't gone online since then.
 
Yesterday I was in a lounge with a HP limit of 385HP. Almost everybody is racing detuned Ferraris and Scoobys. This one guy brings out a Chapparel 2J right before the race starts, and here I am in my IS300 Sport Cross. Needless to say, after 4 painful laps around Special Stage Route 5, it was sweet to know that a station wagen can beat a classic race car. The 2J guy was kicked right after the race. Wish I'd had saved the replay, but the room was set so that if the host left, the lounge shut down. The host left, and we were all disconnected.
 
Its much of a muchness really. You can get people who show no racing courtesy what so ever, and get whingy if you beat them, or like I managed to find last night, a room full of people who are racing with some good skills, and wont beat you round into walls. Its just luck really.
 
After a while you can usually find the more decent lobbies by their names and regulations. Me, I never enter a lobby without some tyre restrictions (racing hard maximum, preferably sports).
 
I have to admit I do kick people from time to time. Usually if they show up in a classics race in a X2010 or a drift room in a 4WD. In fairness though I always issue a warning before kicking.
 
I've only kicked someone once or twice, but I like to give some kind of warning first, to give them a chance. Two strikes and they're out.
 
I've never kicked before, mainly because I've never bothered to find out how, but also because I've yet to meet people who deserve to be kicked. At least not in rooms I've hosted.
 
The man has been correct. I suffered the same kick in butt the first time I raced online with GT500 in Trial Mountain reverse and overtook host player. That is the only time it happened to me because I participate mainly in "Concours club" (thanks Ron) and from there on i was never out of a race.
 
Sometimes you lose connection since they don't have enough bandwidth also.
I hope they change the kick message to "You have been kicked from the room" instead of the "You have been disconnected".

I don't get this one, when I get kicked of a room I get a message that says : ''You have been expulsed''.
When I lose connection or have any problem with it, it simply says ''You have been disconnected''.
So chances are that you are not being kicked out..
 
Wow. Talk abut some major BS. I "dislike" sore losers to a full extent. They can not be bothered to play a fair and clean race for at least one time. If someone takes their lead position for not even a second, they will resort to playing dirty such as the ramming into the wall, disbalancing your racing line, and so on...

Thankfully my first race was a Shuffle Race, but it was clean. :P
 
Ive noticed that having a mic greatly reduces your chances of being kicked, Well atleast for me it has.
 
I've been kicked for entering a Race Cars Only race with an RM:dunce:
 
Bailout
Is blocking not 'clean' then?

After I was booted I joined another room and got in a couple of races but I was treading on egg shells so I came last both times, I dare not even get close to other cars and just stayed to one side of the track to let them past for fear of being kicked out.

Blocking isn't allowed, if you mean you are moving side to side to stop someone making a clean pass.
 
I've been in, quite literally, thousands of online races and not once have I been kicked for being in the lead.

In fact, the only time I get kicked anymore is when I have the audacity to wander into a UK- or AU-based room as they're a bunch of elitist pricks. Justifiably so, but pricks none the less.
 
I only got kicked 2 times. One because I was lagging and the other because I guess the host viewed Skylines as racecars. I luckily found some clean racers I always race with. I never go join random rooms now.
 
I've been kicked for winning while driving a slower car. Very frustrating, but once you find a room with somebody who isn't a jerk, just make friends with them. Non-jerks have a way of spotting each other...

I was playing Forza online the other night, and I'd caught this other guy on the final turn at Sebring, but it was only for 4th place. I was about 10 car lengths back coming out of the turn, but he didn't get a very good exit. We drove side by side up the front stretch, and it was clear I'd get him before the stripe, so he snapped the wheel over and rammed my car into the pit wall a hundred feet before the finish. He collected his rewards, then quit the lobby before I could vote to kick him out. He'd already had several scuffles that race with other drivers. There are sore losers everywhere, total babies.
 
Back