So Kaz, How are you going to convince the masses to purchase GT7?

Discussion in 'Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A' started by John_Marsten, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado

For the purposes of a discussion centered on whether Kaz's off hand statements can be construed as definitive proof of something being in active development, a game announced as being put together as a launch window title and then having nothing to show for it until five years later when a completely different game was announced doesn't even remotely help their point.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    Imari and JHB434 like this.
  2. BrodieBoi94

BrodieBoi94

I'm back on track about how Kaz could convince us loyal GT fans to buy GT7.

We all know there are many possibilities as far as what additions could be made with GT7, and I believe that PD have been paying attention to us. They've added things to GT6 that we have asked for and addressed issues we have had too.

So with that in mind hopefully they will provide a game which is still their vision but just incorporate a few goodies for their fan base.

Tenacious D and TRLWNC7396 like this.
  3. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It's called accuracy or precision, not just "details" and it's a requirement for discussing things on the internet to avoid misunderstanding. Of course that presumes that the other half of the discussion reads with the same level of precision and not with their emotions. There are no subtle nuances here, no facial expressions, no visual or auditory cues to provide context. Discussions around here would be a lot shorter if people actually read what others wrote and understood it but plainly that is not the case. I never have any trouble understanding exactly what @Imari or @Tornado and several others mean because their language is precise and they tend not to make offhand comments without forethought. When their statements are challenged they always back them up, and if they are wrong or misspoke they admit it.

One may not always agree with what they say, but to me it's always easy to understand what they are saying. Anyone that thinks it's tough here, take a wander over to the Opinions and Current Events Forum and try posting your "conclusions" in there without back them up with citations. Fools are not suffered gladly there. The patience you get from Imari and Tornado is far, far greater here than you'll get in Opinions. :lol:

4. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

Yes, I think you are totally correct here. If they build GT as they have before, and add in the addition of fulfilling many (most? all?) wishlists EVER produced for GT (or any racing game, for that matter), GT will again be on the top, as it should be.

There is SO, SO much technology in this program. It's amazing that they don't use it more.

@Johnnypenso , I fully understand. I just couldn't think of the better way to put it.

As far as the O&CE forum, I refuse to go to such a negative place. That's why I'm trying to lighten the mood a touch. (Doesn't work well, but, hey... ;) )

Tenacious D and research like this.
  5. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I find the O&CE Forum anything but negative. It's chock full of well reasoned, well supported, fact based discussion. Its a breath of fresh air relative to most discussion forums. To each his own I guess.

Imari, JHB434 and TRLWNC7396 like this.
  6. TRLWNC7396

TRLWNC7396

Well, considering much of the negativity I see here (and my lack of time to read everything), I have never looked, so you may be right. Sorry if I misstated that.

7. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Ahhhh...I was going to ask that. You should check it out, it really makes you think a little deeper on some issues. No room for bs in there.

JHB434 and TRLWNC7396 like this.
  8. BrodieBoi94

BrodieBoi94

You ever browse through your old posts and think "Man have I changed!" ?

I don't know what got into me when I went on posting in opposition to you. I guess it was a stressful time in my life and I needed some way to vent. But returning to this and reading it just made me think "I sound like a douchebag!"

And you're absolutely right on all your points. We sure don't have any tangible evidence of GT7's development, so it WOULDN'T be logical to conclude that it is.

Anyways I believe the way to convince me, and possibly a few others, to purchase GT7 would be to provide promo videos of actual in-game features, and gameplay before release keeping us close to the development as the game nears it's specified release. ( Maybe having added some of our most desired suggestions)

research, TRLWNC7396 and Johnnypenso like this.
  9. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

Given that Kaz has spoken numerous times about some GT7 and PS4 expectations, I think we can say without fear of contradiction that there is evidence that GT7 is under development. However, obviously we have no insight into progress against milestones.

10. JKgo

JKgo

................To answer the OP, this is a simple matter to overcome.....

CAKES!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

...........Usually marketing does wonders when you are trying to sell a product....:D

Johnnypenso likes this.
  11. NightHawkFur

NightHawkFur

[​IMG]

12. JKgo

JKgo

......"Oh you monster, it's for science"............:lol:

Didn't expect someone here to "get" this so quickly. Awesome. Maybe PDI can get the VA for GLaDOS to promote GT7. I know I'll stand in line to buy one if that happens!!

Johnnypenso likes this.
  13. VBR

VBR Premium

SOLD! I'm IN! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE cake init!

As long as it's premium cake, & not standard cake.

Kurei and JKgo like this.
  14. xiando

xiando

Does the cake come with icing, or is icing provided in a "later update"?

;)

15. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Icing will be in the promo video, people will taste it and "oooh and ahhhh", but then when the cake arrives, you find out that the icing in the video was just placeholder icing, and it's actually just a plastic shell that looks like icing. The real icing might come with GT7 if the new "icing engine" (similar to the sound engine) is ready..but no promises of course.

research, VBR, xiando and 3 others like this.
  16. SJC ALPHA

SJC ALPHA

It would be an old cake with a few new cherries on top.

JKgo, Johnnypenso and NightHawkFur like this.
  17. ChipChaserJ

ChipChaserJ

All Kaz has to do is make dookie onto a disk and I will still pay top dollar for it. Thanks Kaz, I will always love your work!