So what countries are not represented in Gran Turismo Sport? (edit: And who repersents them?)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazy Taylor
  • 42 comments
  • 7,737 views
Back on topic, counter-question: There is a flag in the game that I can't make sense of, and I know the ones of the UN-recognized countries. I don't have a screenshot (yet) but it looks something like this:

Almost completely white, with something in the middle that looks a bit like the outlines of a chefs hat in black. Difficult to see on a small icon. It is not on any of the "flags of the world"-charts that you find with Google Image Search.

Does anyone know this one?
 
Back on topic, counter-question: There is a flag in the game that I can't make sense of, and I know the ones of the UN-recognized countries. I don't have a screenshot (yet) but it looks something like this:

Almost completely white, with something in the middle that looks a bit like the outlines of a chefs hat in black. Difficult to see on a small icon. It is not on any of the "flags of the world"-charts that you find with Google Image Search.

Does anyone know this one?
I think it could mean that no specific country has been given, I don’t really know.
 
Back on topic, counter-question: There is a flag in the game that I can't make sense of, and I know the ones of the UN-recognized countries. I don't have a screenshot (yet) but it looks something like this:

Almost completely white, with something in the middle that looks a bit like the outlines of a chefs hat in black. Difficult to see on a small icon. It is not on any of the "flags of the world"-charts that you find with Google Image Search.

Does anyone know this one?
Republic of China a.k.a. Taiwan?

Because it's not recognized as an independent state by the most of the world but many countries de-facto have dimplomatic relations with it. So perhaps they gave Taiwan such flag to be politically neutral...
 
Sorry for my ignorance, but do NZ players play on their own flag, or do they merge with the Aussies? I know they have similar flags, but with a small TV I can't note out the differences :nervous:
Yeah, us NZ's have our own flag; you need to get a larger TV!

they have their own, but their playtime between midnight to morning
CUrrently, the races are refreshed at 7:00pm NZT which equates to 5:00pm (East) Australia time and 3:00pm the rest of asia (might be 4:00pm for Japan?), so most of us kiwis are done for the night when the rest of Asia is getting started.

I feel sorry for the Welsh and Scottish drivers that have to use the UK flag.
 
Yeah, us NZ's have our own flag; you need to get a larger TV!


CUrrently, the races are refreshed at 7:00pm NZT which equates to 5:00pm (East) Australia time and 3:00pm the rest of asia (might be 4:00pm for Japan?), so most of us kiwis are done for the night when the rest of Asia is getting started.

I feel sorry for the Welsh and Scottish drivers that have to use the UK flag.

Hey now we have a beautiful flag thank you very much :sly: :lol:
 
I think it could mean that no specific country has been given, I don’t really know.

Republic of China a.k.a. Taiwan?

Good idea, maybe! It's not the official Taiwan flag for sure.

EDIT: Wikipedia has this flag which seems similar: It's indeed Taiwan, or "Chinese Taipei", and their flag for the Olympics. It might be the one, but without the two symbols in the middle.
800px-Flag_of_Chinese_Taipei_for_Olympic_games.svg.png​
 
Last edited:
Is you TV black and white too? :)

I must admit the NZ and Aus flag look similar on-screen in GTS as the flags are tiny. If you see a white "splotch" under the union jack then it's Aus, no splotch and it's NZ 👍
 
Last edited:
Fun fact: Nik_Makozi (fastest Asia/Oceania region driver, 7-time Nations Cup champion) is half Macedonian and half Australian. I've been wondering why their flag is still not on PSN (let alone on GTS) in general as there are plenty of people that play PlayStation there for sure, along with many other countries in the world.
 
Back