So What's Good About GT6?

• Thread starter yoman297
  • 30 comments
Goodwood hillclimb is simply amazing!! The cars look glorious including 'most' Standards, the sound has been improved on some cars, the redbull sent chills up my spine!

Career mode is pretty good, online has been improved.. tyres are more progressive.. Menu is much better and that fun factor is back..

For me:
+ Menus: speed and arrangement of items
+ physics
+ lighting, day and night circles
+ career mode with coffee breaks and licences is fun
+ online mode is much better and will still be improved (filtering of cars, forced pit stop, ...)
+ garage: filtering, sorting, loading times, less clicks, details view
+ great new cars and more to come
+ great new tracks

+ The lunar events are draft, but I love the playfulness of it.
+ Matterhorn is gorgeous with excitingly steep slopes.
+Love the new physics.
+Love the menus but they need to be faster in dealerships. Tuning menus need streamlining.
+Lighting mostly works well. Shadows are weird and darks too dark. Ghost car SUCKS.
+ Goodwood is hard but fun.
+ Career mode progression is good but is let down by AI gifting you races.

There are lots of positives for sure, A-Spec mode is fun again, provided you pick the right cars. the new tracks are really good and the existing ones seem better now, sounds are better, menus are better, physics:) Goodwood events :)

The option to show a line rather than a ghost is very nice, blind side indicators

2 things I would really like to see added.
1: a full leaderboard system so that you could post a time on any track in any car and allowed the cars to be tuned
2: the ability to tune while in test drive mode. The one thing I miss most when switching from Forza to GT is being able to pause the test drive and make changes to the car setup, saves tons of tuning time.

ALL THIS:

For me:
+ Menus: speed and arrangement of items
+ physics
+ lighting, day and night circles
+ career mode with coffee breaks and licences is fun
+ online mode is much better and will still be improved (filtering of cars, forced pit stop, ...)
+ garage: filtering, sorting, loading times, less clicks, details view
+ great new cars and more to come
+ great new tracks

AND THIS:

+ The lunar events are draft, but I love the playfulness of it.
+ Matterhorn is gorgeous with excitingly steep slopes.
+Love the new physics.
+Love the menus but they need to be faster in dealerships. Tuning menus need streamlining.
+Lighting mostly works well. Shadows are weird and darks too dark. Ghost car SUCKS.
+ Goodwood is hard but fun.
+ Career mode progression is good but is let down by AI gifting you races.

And it's FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN like the oldschool Gran Turismos.

For me:
- Having a Blue w/ white stripe Viper GTS again thanks to the improved paint system.
- Remodeled standard cars that look nice like the Ruf RGT or Nissan R390.
- I love the lighting in this GT.
- GT4 & 5 prologue soundtracks are in GT6
- Slightly more entertaining AI (especially after having a little battle with an Opel Calibra DTM on spa)
- Autumn Ring at Night
- Apricot Hill
- The new premium cars in GT6 (GT40, premium Stratos, premium Countach, M3 GT2, Mclaren F1 GTR)

I have not needed to purchase a car yet(gift cars are sufficient). I did need to upgrade the Acura NSX '91 as I'm no alien. Currently, I hold 600,000 credits in National A license events. The driving has a high learning curve(new tracks) but skills from GT5 have generally been translated well.

-It's fun again, even the slower cars are enjoyable this time round.
-Goodwood is a great addition as are the other new tracks.
-The physics are pretty neat too and the car no longer feels like it's on ice.
-I like the new cars too, some great additions (Still room for more though)
-Some cars do sound a lot better and I hope they keep improving them with updates.
-Career mode seems better structured.

New tracks! Ascari, Apricot Hill, Bathurst, Brands Hatch, Stowe, Willow Springs, etc. 👍
New cars X-Bow (wicked), Audi TRS LMP, etc. 👍
Faster loading menus! 👍
Improved lighting! 👍
Improved 0 ABS! 👍
Blind Indicators! 👍
Racing Brakes! 👍
New physics! 👍
Fun factor! 👍

Pleasantly surprised by the Super Licenses, especially the full lap at Asacari with the Veyron, its like guiding a torpedo around the inside of an aquarium, will take me a while to get past Bronze on this one!!!

Last edited:
Love the game!.

All cars are in the dealership now, no searching the used car lot. Sounds are improved, phsyics are improved. Car prices are much less than they used to be. Only had to buy two cars so far for career mode.

Goodwood is awesome!

Driving on the moon is cool.

No complaints here.

The majority of people come on here to complain, not sing praise.

Yeah this game, even with all the issues it has at the moment (some over snappy MR cars for instance) somehow finds its way into my brain while I'm studying to take a study break and play some GT.

Matterhorn :drool:
1463521_10202046519277237_20774004_n.jpg

Ford focus ST 13.... Nuff said!

I'm actually enjoying A-spec mode now than ever... Maybe more than GT1 because I have a wheel and a huge TV now compared to a 20 inch and a DS1. I'm finding little gems in cars that I would of overlooked in GT5, the physics are amazing, there so much feedback being given back to you about what the car is doing, driving cars that back in GT5 I would of said nope, are no longer a task. Even the slow cars feel so much fun to throw around! Daiki kasho making every drive memorable... I could go on, but you get the point!

The slow credits is a plus... makes you enjoy the car you are in a bit more.

Seasonals have Tron Bike Streamers for your friends (If they are faster of course).
This alone made the seasonal at Matterhorn a real hoot as you can very quickly see the best lines from all you pals... cherry pick them and go even faster.

These Tron trails also pop up in the licence tests - which is a huge help and made Golding them effortless.

Matterhorn - A tough but realistic track, some real dangerous bits, Fast narrow where grip and commitment can mean a perfect corner or a trip down the side of the mountain. The under the tramway bridge hairpins are nice and hard. I don't usually enjoy slower corners, but

The feel of the cars. The way the car won't tolerate you locking the fronts and trying to go in too fast is excellent. Comfort tyres and no driver aids... Great stuff.

AI - found them to be clumping and running side by side and generally being much more than a spaced out mobile chicane.

The Mercedes Concept video intro was jentacular - And I was in for a feast of driving fun after waking up from some Grand Theft Auto silliness.

Mount Panorama
Nice, The Dipper felt a bit flatter than I remember.

The drive the car bits are great - everything else is just waiting... and the menu's and grid screens do slow things down.

Ryk
The feel of the cars. The way the car won't tolerate you locking the fronts and trying to go in too fast is excellent. Comfort tyres and no driver aids... Great stuff.

I forgot to mention this in my post, I love that they have done this, should nullify some of the dive-bombing.

Menu navigation speed. Very much liked, and the fact I know it's all installed to HDD after having bought it through PSN!

There's tons of things I'm liking so far. The new cars, the inclusion of Bathurst (I didn't know much about the track until I first heard it was going to be included in GT6, now it's probably the best and most exhilarating track in the world and in the GT series for me), and the amount of detail that's been included in the cars. I like that I can see the leds light up in the tachometer and speedometer when the gauge needles move in the CTS-V like in real life, and I like the fact that the Stryker pops up when the Tach nears the redline in the SRT Viper, real great stuff!

So far i'm happy with the events and such.

I have nothing more to say than what others have.

Not sure if anyone mentioned faster loading times. And that everything looks so expandable. I'm so excited for what's to come.

Last edited:
Was very pleasantly surprised to find the following:

Fully detailed nice sharp interiors in:

BMW V12 LMP
Chaparral 2J
MB Sauber
Caterham
FGT

The Sauber has basically been converted to premium. I don't think the others that you've mentioned have

Thats why I was so pleasantly surprised by the added detail for cockpit view, I forgot that the Sauber had been converted to premium. Either way its a big 👍 👍 for GT6.

In 1 Word Bathurst is the best thing about GT6 , Now all we need is this car >

And look what happens when you hit the tyres at forest elbow IRL ( track has changed so much over the years )

I'm so glad you posted this. One of my favourite vids (how good does that falcon sound!)

My 3 favourite things about GT6 are Barhurst, Goodwood and the Pagani Huayra :)

I'm having a fantastic time with it. The career mode is just pure fun, no boring grind for money like GT5. Handling is fantastic and the force feedback through the wheel is the best I've ever experienced, makes me feel intimately in touch with the track. The new tracks are great, Matterhorn especially is like a roller coaster ride and an absolute blast in the Light Car Company Rocket. That indoor karting track with all the neon lights is really beautiful. The standard cars also look much better now.

This is the most fun I think I've ever had with a racing game.

I don't see where people are complaining about. In my opinion GT6 is a stunning game! The new graphics and physics, I love it. Maybe not everything is in the game already but you can also look at it this way:
The game would simply not have been on the market by now if things like b-spec and coursemaker were included from the release date. Now we have time to finish career mode. After that we can mess around online and when we want something more we will notice there to be a big update. :D

Latest Posts

Back