So what's up with them NASCARs?

• Thread starter Ganon83
  • 5 comments
United States
Maryland
ganon83
So the game is going to launch with a fictional 90's car on PS4 right? Will we be able to paint it? And is it true there will be no oval tracks at launch? Seems strange to put a NASCAR stock car in the game without an oval.

Nascar will come later. I will buy all DLC for the game (some of it may be free) but NASCAR is not one I'll personally look forward to.

There will be no Livery editor on console at launch. There is the option to create your own liveries on the PC version.

Many cars will come with multiple liveries in all versions of the game (some as many as 20 different liveries). So single make races will work well anywhere (whether oval or other)

Last edited:
Considering the game did not launch on time, to avoid a flooded game buying season, the end of March is "later" enough. They need to get ovals and historical tracks in at launch. Unless they consider "later" a year after launch??? That's an obscene thought.

Stockcars do race at other venues besides ovals. I'm still taking it for a spin even though I don't intend to get the oval DLC, just because it's a '90s model like in Daytona USA. :) That game had other track layouts too.

@DaveTheStalker -- The delay hasn't necessarily given SMS enough time to complete more stuff than what they already couldn't finish by November...

Considering the game did not launch on time, to avoid a flooded game buying season, the end of March is "later" enough. They need to get ovals and historical tracks in at launch. Unless they consider "later" a year after launch??? That's an obscene thought.
They don't need them at launch. Most of the effort is put into removing bugs and polishing the game. Their are still devs working on additional tracks and cars. But the focus is on releasing a good non buggy game.

Stockcars do race at other venues besides ovals. I'm still taking it for a spin even though I don't intend to get the oval DLC, just because it's a '90s model like in Daytona USA. :) That game had other track layouts too.

@DaveTheStalker -- The delay hasn't necessarily given SMS enough time to complete more stuff than what they already couldn't finish by November...
They do but the mass majority of races NASCAR runs at are ovals. 34 of 36 Cup races every year over the past 15 years have been ovals, and the reality is that in American motorsports in general, road course racing doesn't draw money or interest compared to ovals, which cost less to operate and have room for more people.
Regardless, just the fact they are putting some actual NASCAR ovals in the game unlike Gran Turismo (Motegi was only ran once in an exhibition race, Indy is an Indycar track and the racing is different than at most NASCAR tracks, and Daytona along with Talladega are unique races where skill and equipment take a back seat to drafting and luck) is great to me, even in DLC form. Charlotte in particular is a really good "all purpose" oval, and the general Charlotte area is also where over 90% of NASCAR teams are from, and it's also the location of NASCAR HQ and the Hall of Fame.

Back