So when will the modding begin? Hybrids? Garage Modifier? How long last time?

• Thread starter 2JZFAN
  • 66 comments
HighPSi
Alright guys, when will the modding begin? How long did it take before we started seeing some hybrid programs? I'm sure someones been working on something with the import GT4, if that helps. What can we do to get this started? This game has so much more petential for modding and showing them off.

So where do we begin? What would you like to see? How can you help? What can we expect? :dopey:

Just play the game first. There is no need for hybrids until the game starts getting boring.

daan
Just play the game first. There is no need for hybrids until the game starts getting boring.

Well I think that's a matter of opinion. I'd much rather start on that then play the game, I'm not rally all that much into it as I thought I would be. I had more fun modding GT3 then playing GT4.. but again, that's an opinion.

I'd really like to know how things got started last time.

Also if it's any help to anyone I can pull/upload *.psu files directly off the MC. I've already got my 1.4MB GT4 save on my desktop, just not looking like much, and is 10x larger then a GT3 save.. I use a HK EMS PS2 USB Memory Adapter, it makes for quick and easy transfers between PS2 and PC, I also have a AR MAX EVO with PenDrive so lemme know if anyone needs anything. Let's get the ball rolling!

Well to continue my thread I just wanted to let any programmers know that a user on GTP "franz" has generated a visual diagram of the wheel cycle. I asked him if he could provide the original *.pdf file of the wheel diagram. This would be a great addition to any modding program, because his diagram would allow the modding program to have visual wheel selection.

Original Thread: Click Here

Mind you, these are just the used wheels.. but still it's a great start, he did a great job. 👍

Ok... over a year and a half since i did this, but i cant wait. If i hadnt erased my GT3 gamesave, i would have my 3.75 second GT-40 online... heck i would even be using the coustom f1 rally car (thanks for the transmission help from other people) and the Diablo (Major major major thanks to Mr.Chaos for the help) I think im just gonna end up downloading the game save, open it up with MKs and then put it on my computer, then load it to my memory card. So i guess esentialy if you have hybrids from 3 you can load them onto 4. But i dont have my old game save, so i dont know.

GT-40/787b - You can't load cars from 3 on 4, you get 100,000 cash, and an A & B liscense.

I'd really like to know how to get started, I'll get the ball rolling myself I just don't know what to look for or read in the garage *.psu file. I've bee all over the net trying to find out what to look for in a GT4 save.. no one knows. If no one will help, if no one will point me in the right direction, I'll figure it out! :dunce:

The creator of the GaragEdit program, mk, is waiting for the PAL release to resume his work on the GT4 verison.

He's usually found hanging out at either the GTX or more rarely, the HGT.

Arwin, creator of the marvelous Replay Manager program is supposedly also looking into this, but once again, is awaiting PAL release.

OOOH!!! MR.MK IS GONNA GRACE US WITH HELP! MK IS GOD!!! But i cant get XPort to work.
1. It askes me what the wires are for so i tell it to leave it alone.
2. i cant load the disc onto my computer!!!

Th
NoQuarter
The creator of the GaragEdit program, mk, is waiting for the PAL release to resume his work on the GT4 verison.

He's usually found hanging out at either the GTX or more rarely, the HGT.

Arwin, creator of the marvelous Replay Manager program is supposedly also looking into this, but once again, is awaiting PAL release.

Thanks for the info, that explains a lot. But let me ask you, is there an open community on the net that is open about editing? Was there last time? Is MK the only one who knows well enough to make a program? I'd really like to get more involved this time round and I'm not sure where to begin. Any help would be a big point in the right direction for me. I can't wait to see what we'll be able to do it GT4, I'm sure modding this game is gonna be amazing. 👍

Just a curiosity question, do you even have the propper products to start doing something like hacking a video game? Do you know how to properly convert one type of code to another? Im not trying to be mean but MK has to do a huge butt load of editing and everything. how long does it take for him to get the coding for one car and everything?

2JZFAN
GT-40/787b - You can't load cars from 3 on 4, you get 100,000 cash, and an A & B liscense.

I'd really like to know how to get started, I'll get the ball rolling myself I just don't know what to look for or read in the garage *.psu file. I've bee all over the net trying to find out what to look for in a GT4 save.. no one knows. If no one will help, if no one will point me in the right direction, I'll figure it out! :dunce:
You will never figure it out on your own! You have to be able to read several different types of complicated files, You have to understand GT3 and GT4 has a Floating garage addressee, It will take more than just looking on the net!

I know all about GTH and that great crew over there, I was pointing out that it will be more complicated than you anticipated based on "Learning on your own"!

GT-40/787b
Just a curiosity question, do you even have the propper products to start doing something like hacking a video game? Do you know how to properly convert one type of code to another? Im not trying to be mean but MK has to do a huge butt load of editing and everything. how long does it take for him to get the coding for one car and everything?

I've modded games before that's not the issue.. It's this game GT4 and getting started and being in a community that can support one another to further the cause. The biggest thing is identifying code for everything in the game, starting a database, and then going from there. I just thought there might be an active community or was during GT3 modding, if anything I could research the steps from GT3 and get an idea.

HYBRIDLVR
You will never figure it out on your own! You have to be able to read several different types of complicated files, You have to understand GT3 and GT4 has a Floating garage addressee, It will take more than just looking on the net!

Complicated files = no. Looking on the net is the best way to learn things like a floating garage address.. But I said above, it's about getting an idea. I'm looking to help, looking to start, I'm not the only one, and I can help things.

GT-40/787b
well... if you looking for the hybrids...
http://gth.d2g.com/ivboard/index.php?s=&
thats the new forum. be sure to check there often for updates and such

Yeah GTH is great, but it's been dead for some time.. Starting to come back since GT4 NTSC, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. 👍

Most likely it'll be a while before anything comes out, all the base codes for the garage slots have to be figured out. And then all the part codes, specs, and digits to GT4 measurements (E7A5 = 00mm) have to be figured out. I'm guessing Gameshark will be the choice for hybriding again as it has been for the last 3 titles. I might have to save up for a new Gameshark. But i'm sure it'll be worth it. I want to take the model T ford 51' and make it like the F1 car (i'm actually not sure if they're in GT4, i've only had the game 4 days but i hope they are). That'd be a dramatic race against an unsuspecting friend in a S7 saleen.

It wont be a while...you will need to decode everything and assemble it into a database as well as find a way to cross edit Hex and other formats at the same time

Yea, bump...

What kinds of programs are used to decode the info? Do they simply pop the gt4 disk in their computer and open up files in notepad? Please, can someone be a little more specific please, I'm just trying to understand.

HAH! if only it were that simple (sorry to be negative...ish) if you just popped it ointo your computer you wouldnt know which code lines are what. You would need to cross rference it with the game but you would still be unsure becuase the code postiively exists somewhere else in the game. It's a lot more work than you think man...But i think i speak for everybody. if you need help we're right behind you

come to think of it there may be a GT4 dissasembler being built somewhere, so oyu could wait for that or find or collaborate with the ppl building it, which might help you find the code. If you ever used w32 dissasembler you would understand how simple it really is with a dissasembler. its bulidng the database which is hard.

crazyazn7412
come to think of it there may be a GT4 dissasembler being built somewhere, so oyu could wait for that or find or collaborate with the ppl building it, which might help you find the code. If you ever used w32 dissasembler you would understand how simple it really is with a dissasembler. its bulidng the database which is hard.

You are talking about using a software program to decode an instruction set with only a few hundred instructions versus having no info at all about data and having to decode it from scratch. If they simply XORd the data with "DONTBECRACKINGTHEGARAGE" it will probably never get broken. The only way to get it would be to understand enough about the PS2 architecture and use a dissasembler for the PS2 CPU look for IO calls to the memory card that read data and see where it is storing that data and then look for sections of code where those address's are being called or if it is braking the data down then (at load time) how it is being broken down. It would probably be best to have some sort of ICE to step through the process. If Polyphony was really smart they could have encrypted the IO routines then decrypt them into a specific area of RAM when necessary and jump to the known decrytped address of the particular routine which then saves out or reads in encrypted data. :dopey:

I have not tried it yet but how does the accleration codes work? does it only work on the car that is in the first slot or what. I have also seen somewhere a code for big wheels so is there must be at lest a line of code for the wheel and tire sizes.

As long as individual cars have different parts, Not to mention the Hidden Cars etc... It's worth cracking, And it will get Cracked, The cracking has slightly already begun, Just be a little patient, It's going to happen!

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A HYBRID, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT? Someone please explain all this to me, with a private message, cause I'm not coming back to this hackers thread whats going on?
You hackers should all be ashamed of yourselves, just play the game and have fun! :grumpy:

gavrilo
WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A HYBRID, WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT? Someone please explain all this to me, with a private message, cause I'm not coming back to this hackers thread whats going on?
You hackers should all be ashamed of yourselves, just play the game and have fun! :grumpy:

:boggled: :lol: :lol:

Back