So who else has a PS3?

• Thread starter F089/H
  • 29 comments
I'm pretty sure they are all on eBay. I don't know anyone that actually bought it to keep it. Well other than you I guess. xD

I bought one intending to sell it but I screwed that up big time. My brother bought one too. We got ours from Pre-Orders so we didnt have to wait in line.

So far I think the best game out is Resistance.

Has anyone tried PS3 or PS2 games outside of the region that they bought the console in? So like if you have a US PS3 have you tried any Japaniese games on it? Just wondering about the truthfulness about this region free rubbish.....

Robin

Has anyone tried PS3 or PS2 games outside of the region that they bought the console in? So like if you have a US PS3 have you tried any Japaniese games on it? Just wondering about the truthfulness about this region free rubbish.....

Robin

The system itself is completely region free, however some games are not. It's up to the developer if they want the game to be region free.

Imported PS2 games, however, do not work.

The system itself is completely region free, however some games are not. It's up to the developer if they want the game to be region free.

Imported PS2 games, however, do not work.

Thats, the problem, SOME games wont be... so in essence you now have a non region free console! The US is lucky though because blue ray is now under one whole reagion with Japan so you can import..... but with the UK its still the same countries that were always PAL! so I cant get a PS3 until march if I want it guaranteed to work with all UK games... :(

On a side note, as you own a PS3, whats GT4 look like on it, does it look slighty better? can you still use DS2 controllers with an adapter to get rumble?

Depends on what resolution you run GT4 in. 480, it looks fine. 720, ok. But, at 1080 it looks like a pixelized mess.

I wait for the next gran turismo to decide if I buy one or not. Till now I´m very happy with my Xbox 360.

You can´t play imported PS2-games on the PS3 :dunce:

Thats, the problem, SOME games wont be... so in essence you now have a non region free console! The US is lucky though because blue ray is now under one whole reagion with Japan so you can import..... but with the UK its still the same countries that were always PAL! so I cant get a PS3 until march if I want it guaranteed to work with all UK games... :(

On a side note, as you own a PS3, whats GT4 look like on it, does it look slighty better? can you still use DS2 controllers with an adapter to get rumble?

GT4 looks great.!:yuck: :drool:

Add me to the list.

I just bought a bundled 60GB PS3 at Costco for $700 which came with an extra SIXAXIS contoller, a PS3 game called "Genji: Days of the Blade", and the Blu-ray movie "Talladega Nights".

They only had 24 of these bundles (limit one per customer), and sold out in just a few minutes after they put them out.

I was fortunate in that I had contacted the GM of our local Costco a few weeks ago about my interest in getting a PS3 and asked when they thought they might get any in. At the time he had no information, and didn't expect to get any in until after Christmas, but he was kind enough to take my number. To my surprise, he called me this morning letting me know that they had received a pallet of 60GB PS3s and that they would be puting them out on the floor that day. I have always been very happy with Costco customer service, but after this... they have really earned my loyalty! 👍

Add me to the list.

I just bought a bundled 60GB PS3 at Costco for $700 which came with an extra SIXAXIS contoller, a PS3 game called "Genji: Days of the Blade", and the Blu-ray movie "Talladega Nights".

They only had 24 of these bundles (limit one per customer), and sold out in just a few minutes after they put them out.

I was fortunate in that I had contacted the GM of our local Costco a few weeks ago about my interest in getting a PS3 and asked when they thought they might get any in. At the time he had no information, and didn't expect to get any in until after Christmas, but he was kind enough to take my number. To my surprise, he called me this morning letting me know that they had received a pallet of 60GB PS3s and that they would be puting them out on the floor that day. I have always been very happy with Costco customer service, but after this... they have really earned my loyalty! 👍

Step 1: Register for PSN

Step 2: Post your name.

Step 3: Get some!

Hope to see you online sometime! Good stuff man.

Add me to the list.

Costco > Everything. They let me return my first broken 360, and let me keep the HDD I had (so I wouldn't have a brand new one), instead of sending it to an MS Repair center in Canada where I'd have to wait a month to get it back. Heck, my mom bought a pair of cordless phones at Costco once, they broke after a year, and they still let us exchange them for new ones!

Congrats on the PS3, too. 👍

I waited in line since since 4:20am at game stop. I was the frist one there but was 3rd in line. Everyone was there for Wii. I was the only one for PS3, They had 5Wii's and 3 ps3'3. About 12 people were in line. I could have sold my spot to go to end and still get a ps3:) But the guy behind me got the second PS3 to go with his Wii. Store opened at 10am.

I waited in line since since 4:20am at game stop. I was the frist one there but was 3rd in line. Everyone was there for Wii. I was the only one for PS3, They had 5Wii's and 3 ps3'3. About 12 people were in line. I could have sold my spot to go to end and still get a ps3:) But the guy behind me got the second PS3 to go with his Wii. Store opened at 10am.

...So you're saying you got your PS3 finally?

I stopped by Gamestop when I was at the mall yesteday and they had two 20GB boxes on the shelf. I guess they had two in stock. I also saw a kid sitting on a bench outside the store holding a PS3 (not sure which model).

Edit: You have to give them your wallet or driver's license for collateral to use the Wii controller! They've connected the SIXIAXII to the PS3, but the Wiimotes are still wireless.

I got a 60gb PS3. it was intended for ebay. Messed it up bigtime. anyways, im keeping it and i have no games at the moment. im just playing with the USB and memory card slots at the moment.

Are there any demos out with ps3 games on it?

If you have your PS3 hooked up online i believe you can download plenty of demos.

Yep, including Resistance, Motorstorm, NBA 07, Formula One and a bunch of others. There's even a thread about it from Jeremy Rici. Check it out.

I'm one of the people who own one! Got the 60GB one finally! :) Played GT HD demo and it's awsome, so realistic it's unbelievable!!! I'll post more pics later! BTW don't judge by that crappy image! I took it with my hands shaking! :)

DSC02153.jpg

I got one nov 17th, and GT4 looks great! I have the output set at 1080i running into my 720p display and I think it looks a little better than the 420p setting. If I leave it at 480i and let the ps3 convert it to 480p it looks like crap, so I have to go into options and switch to 1080i each time I start the game, I wish there was some way to save that setting. I believe there is an adapter that you can get from radio shack that lets you plug a ds controller into the usb port, supposed to be for pc, but I hear it works for ps3 also. I just can't wait to find out if the logitech DFP works correctly with GT4 on the PS3.

Black friday was the day after thanksgiving. I will be adding you guys onto my PSNetwork ID (I'am VisciousCode). I have a PS3 and also own a 360, I'am glad i purchased a ps3, I will be ditching my 360 shortly (lack of variety in games, almost all the games are shooter games). I'am so far enjoying GTHD alot, Resistance, Motorstorm (although i had my doubts about this one after playing the demo it looks like it rocks), Devil may cry, MGS4 , killzone, Final Fantasy , just too many games to list at this point, plus 100% backwards compatibility.

Back