So, who reserved their copy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cobra S
  • 76 comments
  • 2,714 views
I reserved mine over a year ago, but I just went in and paid in full so I can go to the "VIP" line and get mine while everyone else is waiting to pay. - I did this with GTA San Andreas and it saved me about 1/2 hour.
 
Meh, I'm not obsessed enough to bother reserving a copy until about the week beforehand.
 
I'll prolly just order mine online or I'll preorder in the next week.
 
I think pre-ordering is a bit over-rated, especially with a mega-hyped title like this.

Take Halo 2 for instance. Everyone is forking out cash to pre-order it. What do I do? I go to Toys R' Us at 11:30 on November 9th, become 9th in line, and have my copy of Halo 2 Collectors Ed in my hand at 12:04am. So what would have been the point of pre-ordering. Even on the second day, they have excessive amounts of copies laying around stores. So will I pre-order GT4...No. I personally don't see a need to.
 
I just worked out that I have an advantage: the population of my town is for the most part too old to appreciate videogames.
 
I reserved my copy about a year ago , but since I live in Europe , I'm not quite there yet ... :ouch:
But hey , If Japan and the U.S. get it on time , I'm quite confident I will get it by the end of February . :dopey: (hopefully) :nervous:
 
I have pre-ordered my copy from www.ultima.pl online shop yesterday :). It says that gt4 will be released around february 2005(Pal release)
 
Norman Vauxhall
I reserved my copy at EB-Games more than 1 years ago!!! ... on october 2003!!!! :scared: :scared:

Now that's what I call getting your foot in the door early.

I didn't have to reserve my copy as a school friend owns a small games store. Heck I'll probably get the game a couple of days earlier than anyone in England. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!
 
I've resrved a copy (GT4) myself, it was 2 months ago on EB Games in Henderson, NV.
 
I didn't reserved it yet. I won't be reserving it.
 
gt4_is_for_REAL_men__by_OmnisBlade.jpg


i've had mine reserved since late january.
 
I have 3 Wal-Marts and 3 Miejers (similar to Wal-Mart) which are open 24 hours and all less than 10 miles from my home. Since I'm always awake at that hour anyway, I'm just going to go to the closet one at midnight at see if they have it, if not go to the next one and so on. If none of those have it, first thing in the morning there are Circuit City, Best Buy, Kaybee Toys, Toys R Us, Game Stop Electronics Boutique, 2 Targets, K's Merchandise, and 2 K Marts all with a 15 minute drive. I have no doubt that I will have it on release day, escpecially since I am off work that day also.:)

I remeber getting GT2 at a Mejeirs at 12:30 in the morning on it's release day way back when:sly: I had to sweet talk the toy department worker for a copy for a co-worker as I went on my lunch hour. He had a few copies stashed away for some friends!:lol:
 
i reserved my pal GT4 since the end of September at spielegrotte.de for 51,99€ + 2,50 shipping, but still 3 months to wait :crazy:
 
Reserved a copy of the US version at lik-sang yesterday.

Decided that I can´t wait for the PAL version :yuck:
 
Reserved a copy of the chinese/english version a couple of weeks ago. Normally don't pre-order games but Game City is offering a free gift with the pre-order. No idea what the gift is gonna be yet though, hopefully something cool :-)
 
LOL. Well I should say I surely deserve my copy since I've reserved this game since 8/03 when it was said to come out that year at GameStop, and don't tell me I don't deserve mine. :grumpy:
 
I preorderd mine fomr EBgames.com 2 weeks ago. I'm gonna pick it up from the store at the earliest possible time.
 
I think i'll just go into a shop on the day of release and buy it - just like i did with GTA SA the other week.
 
Gturismo1
I think pre-ordering is a bit over-rated, especially with a mega-hyped title like this.

Take Halo 2 for instance. Everyone is forking out cash to pre-order it. What do I do? I go to Toys R' Us at 11:30 on November 9th, become 9th in line, and have my copy of Halo 2 Collectors Ed in my hand at 12:04am. So what would have been the point of pre-ordering. Even on the second day, they have excessive amounts of copies laying around stores. So will I pre-order GT4...No. I personally don't see a need to.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

I've never had problems getting the game I want on or near the release date. Just walk into a WalMart or Toys R Us and grab a copy. It's that simple!
 
I had to go to 7 different shops to get Socom: US Navy Seals (the first one) when it came out. I don;t know if it was because the developer didn't expect it to do as well as it did or what, but that game was impossible to get for the first week after release (atleast around here).

Whether GT4 will be like that or not, I'm not sure. I hope sony and polyphony will anticipate the demand this game will have and ship enough copies so that everyone can get theirs when they want, but I'm not taking any chances. Is anyone old enogh to remember the "tickle me elmo" or "cabbage patch kids" craze during christmas? I just don't want to take a chance that GT4 will be the next one.
 
There's nothing wrong with "forking out the cash" to pre-order it. It's not like we're losing money or anything, the game still costs the same. We're just guaranteeing ourselves a copy, is all. And since the release date at retailers seems to change more often than my underwear, it'll be nice when they call me and tell me it's in, rather than me calling them daily to see if it's there, or having to wait until I see the news here.
 
I have a question
I live in the middle east... if I reserve the asian GT4... will I get it on the Japanese release date?..
and if I reserve the US GT4 ,will I recieve it on the US release date?..

The US GT4 and the pal especially will take a pretty long time to get here..

so I just want to know wether they can ship it here on the release date
 
lol, I reserved mine like a year and a half ago
I had mine reserved for the very first release date if you guys can remember it. It was wayyyyyyy back in January then got bumped multiple times since then. :yuck: I canceled my reservation some time around April or May. Im still debating if I should reserve it again or not.
 
Back