so you have 100%... now what?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 32 comments
  • 1,988 views
Messages
5,716
so you completed the game... now what do you do?
  • restart?
  • find some challenge in family cups?
  • do some extreme arcading?
  • tune cars to kill AI with?
  • something else...

Tho I havent finished (in case you were wondering :p) I dont really have time to do any of the enduros of long series races.... this means I am stuck at the GTWC untill i can find time to do the entire series.
In the mean time if I want to race a completely stock car (which I love doing) I do a 15 lapper in arcade mode which i usually have JUST enough time for and set the tire compound to soft so theres a bit of pitting involved, or if i want to race one of my tuned beasts i go to the sunday cup at any given circuit for a dew races generally setting the AI to 5 or 6 (up to 7 for race cars) for both arcade and fam cup.

btw has anyone notice that if you race arcade in a road car (say a esprit) at level 6 and find that the AI are a reasonable challenge then try the same in a race car you blow then away? the AI dont seem to handle racecars as well as road cars :ouch:

weird..
 
Go OLRing – duh? :p

Of course, I'm at a lovely 26%. Go me!

(:()
 
think you'll get the big 100% sage? or is it not a goal?
 
Sage .. your avatar looks oh so wrong at a glance.

I would say go for the gold and gold all 80 licenses.
 
ving
think you'll get the big 100% sage? or is it not a goal?
I tried to get 100% in GT3 before GT4 came out, but I got to like 96.8% and never bothered finishing it.

Since GT4 is even bigger, I doubt I'll get 100%. Well, maybe during summer break while I'm at college… maybe.

Still, it's not exactly at the top of my "List of Things to do Before I Die". ;)

VTGT07
Sage .. your avatar looks oh so wrong at a glance.
Oops, I didn't mean for it to look like that! :sick: Oh well, I'll just leave it and gross a few people out. :lol:
 
Sage
Oops, I didn't mean for it to look like that! :sick: Oh well, I'll just leave it and gross a few people out. :lol:
er... what is it exactly?

(i am a pig, i just ate an entire packet of allens frogs for lunch (this is no way to keep my girly figure))
 
now that I got 100% on the weekend, I'm out to get every car in the game - I guess this means I'll have to get a lot more golds so I can get the dome Zero and Model T - doh!
 
ving
er... what is it exactly?

(i am a pig, i just ate an entire packet of allens frogs for lunch (this is no way to keep my girly figure))

Its his god touching I'm guessing Adam.
 
I know, but I won't tell.... :lol:
 
ving
Tho I havent finished (in case you were wondering :p) I dont really have time to do any of the enduros of long series races.... this means I am stuck at the GTWC untill i can find time to do the entire series.

You do know that you can save between series races, you do not have to do the entire series in one go.
 
If you're getting bored by the game then I suggest joining the Weekly Race Series here at GTPlanet. It is a fantastic way to improve your skills and lets you challenge others in the Gran Turismo world, click on the link below to give it a crack:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61469

I was able to get all 80 gold quite easily after only 5 weeks of racing. If you're at 100% or not sure what to do in the game, then give it a look, you'll love it 👍
 
I instantly retired from racing when I hit 100%. I didn't plan to, it just happened.

Now I just buy interesting cars and go toss them around an empty track... take some performance figures, compare it to other cars. This weekend I got myself a collection of reasonably priced but unusual MR Elise alternatives and pitted them head to head to see what's the car to have if you want an Elise but don't want to follow the Elise / VX220 / Clio V6 herd. You'll see the results in the race reports soon.

Bob will now take care of all racing duties when required (i.e. I feel like a different coloured FGT car or my 14 million credits are running out. Also he needs to win me a Falken RX7 again since I sold the last one I had about 1500 days ago) though I suppose in the future I may dust off one of my preferred racers, like the Speedster, and try out a family cup or two. Otherwise the only thing that's going to tempt me back into my nomex underpants will be LAN racing. But I don't have a LAN connection, and I have no friends interested in GT4, so that may never happen. Never thought GT4 was much cop as a racing sim anyway. AI is too simple ;)

My only remaining challenge in the game is the licenses, of which I stand at 28 gold. I need to complete them to get some more interesting cars. After that, it's just driving for the sake of driving, and that's where the game has always held its biggest pleasure anyway.

BTW has anyone else noticed that the black FGT car sells for more than the other FGT cars? Or is it just because my regular FGT car has 8500 miles on it? I am sure the sale price was always around 1.4 million credits for the FGT though. And the car does not age in other ways. The black one is over 1.5mil. Not that I will be selling it any time soon;)
 
yes, the AI sucks... but the clock is pretty accurate. Which means the WRS is good fun and healthy competition.
 
After reaching 100% I also joined the WRS, and apart from getting the remaining 8 golds, I hardly do anything else. It's great fun.
 
Well since I'm at 99.1% and figure I'll be finishing in the very near future. I figure I'll go for 80 golds, collect at least one of every car, and just have fun driving. I also really like to enter the photo comps here on this site so I'll contiune doing that.
 
Since completing the game , I've been going for A spec points. Some of the races have been easy to get max points on , but others are a real challenge. It's time consuming too as finding an even matching car to the AI and then de-tuning and adding ballast to get to the magic 200 (or as close as possible) can be deceptive sometimes.

Anyway , at the rate I'm progressing , I should be enjoying GT4 for a fair while yet.

Then .....get all gold licences!!
 
ving
btw has anyone notice that if you race arcade in a road car (say a esprit) at level 6 and find that the AI are a reasonable challenge then try the same in a race car you blow then away? the AI dont seem to handle racecars as well as road cars :ouch:

weird..
I agree. In the JGTC series here at GTP we run with the AI set to 10, which averages between 175 and 200 A-Spec points per race. By lap 2 or 3 I have the lead and never lose it (except maybe in the pits, once). 175 to 200 A-Spec points in a road car is usually much more challenging.

IMO road car suspension is generally tuned to be more forgiving at the limit. You can often kick the back end out a bit in a RWD road car without losing it if you push too hard, while race cars tend to be less forgiving. Their limit is extended obviously, but once you cross it things can get ugly fast.

So to bring this all together, I think the AI apply a bit more care than necessary when driving race cars (oh, how many times have I sat behind an AI race car in a turn waiting for him to get on the gas already! :) ).
 
I'm planing to restart from zero after I get to 100% (15% more to go...) But I will try to use a different car on every race than I did in the current game (where possible). Since I usually tried to use the best car the first time around, using a different car should mean a bit better competition over all. At least that's the theory...

That plus doing things in a different order. Maybe doing all the races that don't need licenses first, then B licenses, etc. Instead of getting all the licenses first.

Maybe an entire game in B-spec. That would be different, but maybe too boring.

There are endless possibilities

Of course I could just park it and go do something productive... Nah!
 
After 100%? ( If you are lucky to get M34 with the stinking SLR. )

All Gold :nervous:
All Cars
All 6.2 cars
Max A-Spec points :nervous:
Max B-Spec points
Tune all your cars

If you want, this game is good for a year or two of pure joy! 👍
 
spinner
Since completing the game , I've been going for A spec points. Some of the races have been easy to get max points on , but others are a real challenge. It's time consuming too as finding an even matching car to the AI and then de-tuning and adding ballast to get to the magic 200 (or as close as possible) can be deceptive sometimes.

Anyway , at the rate I'm progressing , I should be enjoying GT4 for a fair while yet.

Then .....get all gold licences!!
@ spinner, have you tried this one yet ? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761 see post #1.
May help you to cut down on your search time.

AMG_SLK
 
slotcarrod
After 100%? ( If you are lucky to get M34 with the stinking SLR. )

All Gold :nervous:
All Cars
All 6.2 cars
Max A-Spec points :nervous:
Max B-Spec points
Tune all your cars

If you want, this game is good for a year or two of pure joy! 👍

I believe that is a great list! I would add to test all of your cars (stock and tuned) against each other on 10-15 different tracks. I have started comparing Race Cars, Production/Concept, Rally and Tuner. After doing most of the things on slotcarrod's list, this will keep me busy for years (at least till GT5). My wife makes fun of my spreadsheets I keep for each category, but it is a blast.
 
im at 100%, and am now in the process of going back to each of the cars, and tuning the handling and power as best as i can for each of them

have learnt a heap about suspension settings since getting into it - my 4wd cars now go round corners properly! woohoo!
 
When I get to 100% I'll just collect cars, test them and wait for GT5.
 
ANK
You do know that you can save between series races, you do not have to do the entire series in one go.
yeah i know, i just want to get it all out of the way in one hit. I have run most of them idividually and can get gold on most, silver on one and about 4th on er... HK i think it is...
I suck at HK and fast cars. much better with slow cars. :)
 
AMG_SLK
@ spinner, have you tried this one yet ? https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761 see post #1.
May help you to cut down on your search time.

AMG_SLK

Thanks AMG , yeah I've had a look at that thread , its pretty big , theres so much info in there , its hard to take it all in ! I have taken a few notes from there , its all good stuff , and has helped me to speed up the process of building my points.

Currently at 32,000 A spec , so a long way to go yet.
 
ving
so you completed the game... now what do you do?

I've read through the thread and know you aren't to 100% yet - but are you gonna join us in WRS?

Here, let me help you out a little ;)

Here's the main forum page:
Weekly Race Series

And here's the Qualifier thread:
WRS Qualifier

I've got a link for WRS and WDS (Weekly Drag Series) in my signature too...


UMP
 
meister_dan
When I get to 100% I'll just collect cars, test them and wait for GT5.
Same here, and just take photos as well.
 
Back