SOCCER vs. american football

Originally posted by Sheron
Why do americans call it football when they catch the "ball" with their hands?????

Because they are st00pid, and also they want to create their own fads, like the mile, pound, soccer, and sport utility vehicle (SUV).

Originally posted by Sheron
Remember, it's called football (the real football).
Yes Football is where you kick the ball with your foot, American football is where you throw it????? Does anyone see the logic there, I prefer Football but it's each to his own and as much Iwould like to get all the American football fans to admit Football is better, it would be a waste of my time.

Originally posted by Formula1racer
sure soccer is boring to watch on tv.

Thsi is the most outrageous comment I have ever heard! You obviously have zero intrerest in the beautiful game and are therefore completely unqualified to pass judgement!

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Because they are st00pid, and also they want to create their own fads, like the mile, pound, soccer, and sport utility vehicle (SUV).

How are any of the things you listed fads? Please explain yourself.

well i never thought the day would come but......klos is right....to an extent....

they are not fads, but they are not american either...the mile and the pound lb (i cant be arsed researching the origins of this) came to america from the UK...

I am an American, I love to watch American football, and I even played. But soccer is undoubtedly the best sport in the world. I am trying to go pro in it because I love it so much. Oh, and soccer is NOT a sissy sport. I've played football and soccer, and I saw more guys get messed up in soccer than I did in football. (sorry I call it soccer... I'm an american, so when I call it football, people here think I'm talking about american football). If anything, american football is the real sissy sport. You have tons of pads on, and you can't get injured... unless you get a cramp because your an out of shape american football player. Soccer demands more endurance, more strength and definately more skill. How hard is it to catch an american football with your hands? Not hard at all. But trapping a soccer ball dribbling away from people, and putting it through the keepers hands can be very difficult. Especially when you do stuff in the air. Bottom line... soccer is better. One last thing. David Beckham ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

it's not about the US against the rest of the lot but it's about the sport....
Football vs. Soccer.

Soccer is my favorite......although i even prefer motorsports above it. :rolleyes:

I didn't read all pages first. So if this has been said already, then sorry, but it's a proven fact that Soccer/Football (Proper football) is the number 1 sport in the world. The reason for this is. The skill involved.

One last thing. David Beckham ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Beckham is way overrated. Sure he works hard, so does Robbie Savage and dozens of others. Sure he is good at set pieces, but so are hundreds of other players. But have you ever seen Beckham take on a player 1-on-1? I never saw him do it once at Manchester United (yes that was over a season ago, but I haven't seen him do it for England either.).

I think this thread should have been more Rugby -V- American football. As both are similair(-ish) games. But what gets to me is how stop start American football is. Yes the same can be said for football (soccer), but that is only in the final minutes when a team is running down the clock or when there is an Italian referee :D.

Beckham is an overrated twit, mind you most of Englands big name players are overrated.

Apart from Frank Lampard. ;)

I'd rather see Mr Wright Phillips instead of Olden balls Beckham.

I prefer American football, but I really don't understand why we have to constantly compare these sports? The only real similarity is in the name. Hell, why not make a thread comparing hockey and marathon running or something. Obviously the soccer fans are going to say they like soccer more, and the football fans are going to say they like football more.

Truely one of the dumbest debates I've ever read, sorry guys.

DRIFT4EVA
...Soccer/Football (Proper football) is the number 1 sport in the world. The reason for this is. The skill involved.

Actually I think it's because it's the most accessible kind of sport. All you need to put together some kind of a match are 4 rocks (for the goal posts) and a round ball, doesn't even need to be a soccer ball.

Love the hype that soccer gets, worldwide amazing.......but love to play football

edit*** plus judging by pics on the net, you don't get kicked in the nuts in football as much as Soccer ! ***

I can't be bothered to rant on for ages. Football is the best sport in the world. Most countries play, it's an attractive sport with skill and finesse. Even the U.S have a national league and team.

Back