Some beginner-ish tuning questions / request

Thank you very very much for all the help, patience and understanding @Jeje6410 . You're a good guy, I really do appreciate it. So far it seems like the GT community is pretty great... (certainly so in comparison to my rather awful experiences with the fighting game community... ugh)

Anyway, this is my Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62. A very wimpy little car, but cute and fun nonetheless, and I was able to win the Novice events using it. I feel I learned a lot tuning it, though it helped that it was already a very well balanced car from the beginning (surprisingly so for a rear engine drivetrain).

Tested at Autumn Ring Mini and Autumn Ring (I got a kick out of it being small enough to use a kart track):

PP - 346
Power - 56
Weight - 505kg
Balance- 58:42

Tires: Comfort Soft
Oil Change
Wheels +2

Engine: Stage 3
Sport Computer (sigh)
Semi-Racing Exhaust (the racing exhaust sounds TERRIBLE and wasn't worth the few extra HP)
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Cats: Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Hood: Carbon (Body Colour)
Windows: Weight Reduction
No Ballast
No Aero Parts

Suspension:

Ride Height: 115/115
Springs: 2.53/2.02
Dampers (C): 2/3
Dampers (E) 2/3
ARB: 4/3
Camber Angle: 0.3 / 0.3
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.12
Brakes (Racing): 3/3

LSD: 5/10/5
Clutch: Twin
Drive Shaft: Standard

Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:

Initial final: 5.500 (I think... I keep forgetting to write it down!)
Max Speed: 100km/h
Ratios turned all the way right (though I might want to change 4th and 5th. Gets a bit pokey there)-
1st - 4.679
2nd - 3.300
3rd - 2.454
4th - 1.909
5th - 1.560
Final- 3.000

Vroom vroom!

Yes vroom vroom :lol: :lol:. If I have a time I'll try it tomorrow with pleasure.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind... I had posted my Isuzu but I just started using it and apparently something has gone horribly wrong since last time. I might have written down the wrong settings?

SECOND EDIT: *sigh* ... apparently during that whole second round of testing I did a couple nights ago I'd had SRF on, which was hiding some pretty bad problems from me. Back to the drawing board. :-/

Last edited:
Hi my friend @nataliereed84

I just try my friend @GhostRider65 'S tune . It is closer to your style than mine .

Good luck
Best regards my friend :cheers:

Anyway, this is my Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62. A very wimpy little car, but cute and fun nonetheless, and I was able to win the Novice events using it. I feel I learned a lot tuning it, though it helped that it was already a very well balanced car from the beginning (surprisingly so for a rear engine drivetrain).

Tested at Autumn Ring Mini and Autumn Ring (I got a kick out of it being small enough to use a kart track):

PP - 346
Power - 56
Weight - 505kg
Balance- 58:42

Oil Change
Wheels +2

Engine: Stage 3
Sport Computer (sigh)
Semi-Racing Exhaust (the racing exhaust sounds TERRIBLE and wasn't worth the few extra HP)
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Hood: Carbon (Body Colour)
Windows: Weight Reduction
No Ballast
No Aero Parts

Suspension:

Ride Height: 115/115
Springs: 2.53/2.02
Dampers (C): 2/3
Dampers (E) 2/3
ARB: 4/3
Camber Angle: 0.3 / 0.3
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.12
Brakes (Racing): 3/3

LSD: 5/10/5
Clutch: Twin
Drive Shaft: Standard

Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:

Initial final: 5.500 (I think... I keep forgetting to write it down!)
Max Speed: 100km/h
Ratios turned all the way right (though I might want to change 4th and 5th. Gets a bit pokey there)-
1st - 4.679
2nd - 3.300
3rd - 2.454
4th - 1.909
5th - 1.560
Final- 3.000

Hi my friend @nataliereed84

I tried your little Mazda in Autumn Ring Mini and in Autumn Ring. I was really surprise. Your tune is excellent. No problem of control , turning and braking. :bowdown: :cheers:. It was a real pleasure to drive it. Thanks my friend for your tune:cheers:

Best regards.
Take care.

Ps: the final gear is 5000 .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Jeje6410 ! Thank you for taking the time to try out the Carol. I'm glad it worked out for you! :)

I do like @GhostRider65 's Super Bee a lot. When I have the time I'm going to try to see if I can adapt it for the supercharged 550pp version, try my best to preserve the handling and power bands in the increased power range.

BTW, Ghostrider65, I've had some wonderful luck lately with your tunes getting me through some events I'd had trouble with. Used your Audi R8 FSI R Tronic '07 for Willow Springs 20 Mile.... very stable and evenly distributed tire wear, used the Jag XJi13 '66 for the current Expert Seasonal (very tricky, because the AI drive like idiots), and your NASCAR tune finally got me through the third race at High Speed Ring.

So by this evening, my placement in the Bathurst GT3 had dropped from the 800s to the 8000s. But after reworking my tune, and doing 8 laps, I was able to get a respectable (IMO) 2:04.79, which has left me in the 2300s (for now).

This might sound braggy, for which I apologize, but I also tried out the new Quick Matches today, and was doing really well... first or second in every race I ran.

I'm thinking it's probably fair to guess I'm somewhere in the top 25% to 33% of players. That might not sound like too big a deal, it's just that I'm almost NEVER this good at a competitive game. It's fun and novel and exciting for me, since I'm accustomed to being a rather mediocre player for anything with a multiplayer/competitive aspect. I think I've sort of Found My Calling with simulation-style racing. :P

Of course, I owe a lot of it to the quality of the tunes I've found here, and the great help and advice I've been getting in adapting them and doing my own. :)

So... with it being the last day of the Japanese 80s seasonal, I decided to revisit my old Isuzu Piazza XE again. To my horror, I realized the lap times I was posting were well in line with, often BETTER than, what I had with other tunes people had designed for the event. Not quite as fun as a Honda CR-X or City Turbo II, or quite as fast as a Mazda RX-7, but really pretty good nonetheless.

This whole time, I had a solid seasonal tune and didn't realize, simply assuming that it's lack of being perfect meant it wasn't good at all. Lesson learned.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take it for one last spin around Tsukuba before the end of the day, here it is, Natalie's much-agonized-over Isuzu Piazza XE '81:

PP: 450
MaxHP: 263
Weight: 1015kg at 58:42

Wheels/Rims: +2
Oil Change: Yes
Rigidity: No

Aids: TCS 1, ABS 1, SRF either way, but need to be a little less aggressive with the throttle on exit if it's off.

Suspension:

Ride height: 105 / 110
Springs: 5.11 / 3.98
Dampers (C): 3 / 2
Dampers (E): 3 / 4
ARB: 4 / 7
Camber: 0.5 / 1.3
Toe: -0.06 / 0.18

Brakes (Racing): 3 / 2

Transmission:

Initial Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 180 km/h
1st: 2.666
2nd: 2.015
3rd: 1.639
4th: 1.340
5th: 1.112
6th: 0.948

LSD: 6 / 8 / 12
Clutch Kit: Twin
Carbon Drive Shaft: Yes

Power:

Limiter: 98.6
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Sports
Manifold: Isometric
Intake: Intake Tuning
Turbo: High-RPM Turbo Kit

Body:

Carbon Hood: Yes
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Ballast: 19kg at -30

By the way, I've pretty much finished applying all the relevant tunes I've found here (over 300 cars, so quite a job!), and in addition to @GhostRider65 , @Jeje6410 and @praiano63 , I want to send a quick thanks over to @Bowtie-muscle and @shaunm80 who turned out to be wonderful go-to guys as well.

I've still got a small few cars in my collection that still need some love. I'm going to try to do most of them myself, but if anyone happens to find any of these fun or interesting or worth their time, I'd certainly be grateful. But I know this is a GAME, and should be fun for all of you rather than a chore, so if none of these seem like an interesting project, don't worry about it:

- Chapperal 2X VGT (down in the 700 - 750pp range on RH would be ideal)
- Alpine VGT (standard version, not race mode)
- Tajima Monster Sport EV Runner (probably best for mid-speed tracks like Suzuka, Apricot Hill or Silverstone. I can't see it excelling on something with long straights like Circuit de la Sarthe)
- Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car (dirt/snow)
- Jay Leno Tank Car (drag racing is probably the only thing this is good for, but it'd be fun to get it to at least *work* for roads courses)
- Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car '95 (tarmac rally RH, dirt or snow)
- Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 (dirt)
- Suzuki Concept-S2 '03
- Honda Insight '99 (tuned for "Electric Circuits" career events)
- Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Suzuki ALTO LAPIN Turbo '02
- Honda Z ACT '70
- Subaru 360 '58

Last edited:
So... with it being the last day of the Japanese 80s seasonal, I decided to revisit my old Isuzu Piazza XE again. To my horror, I realized the lap times I was posting were well in line with, often BETTER than, what I had with other tunes people had designed for the event. Not quite as fun as a Honda CR-X or City Turbo II, or quite as fast as a Mazda RX-7, but really pretty good nonetheless.

This whole time, I had a solid seasonal tune and didn't realize, simply assuming that it's lack of being perfect meant it wasn't good at all. Lesson learned.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take it for one last spin around Tsukuba before the end of the day, here it is, Natalie's much-agonized-over Isuzu Piazza XE '81:

PP: 450
MaxHP: 263
Weight: 1015kg at 58:42

Wheels/Rims: +2
Oil Change: Yes
Rigidity: No

Suspension:

Ride height: 105 / 110
Springs: 5.11 / 3.98
Dampers (C): 3 / 2
Dampers (E): 3 / 4
ARB: 4 / 7
Camber: 0.5 / 1.3
Toe: -0.06 / 0.18

Brakes (Racing): 3 / 2

Transmission:

Initial Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 180 km/h
1st: 2.666
2nd: 2.015
3rd: 1.639
4th: 1.340
5th: 1.112
6th: 0.948

LSD: 6 / 8 / 12
Clutch Kit: Twin
Carbon Drive Shaft: Yes

Power:

Limiter: 98.6
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Sports
Manifold: Isometric
Intake: Intake Tuning
Turbo: High-RPM Turbo Kit

Body:

Carbon Hood: Yes
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Ballast: 19kg at -30

By the way, I've pretty much finished applying all the relevant tunes I've found here (over 300 cars, so quite a job!), and in addition to @GhostRider65 , @Jeje6410 and @praiano63 , I want to send a quick thanks over to @Bowtie-muscle and @shaunm80 who turned out to be wonderful go-to guys as well.

I've still got a small few cars in my collection that still need some love. I'm going to try to do most of them myself, but if anyone happens to find any of these fun or interesting or worth their time, I'd certainly be grateful. But I know this is a GAME, and should be fun for all of you rather than a chore, so if none of these seem like an interesting project, don't worry about it:

- Chapperal 2X VGT (down in the 700 - 750pp range on RH would be ideal)
- Alpine VGT (standard version, not race mode)
- Tajima Monster Sport EV Runner (probably best for mid-speed tracks like Suzuka, Apricot Hill or Silverstone. I can't see it excelling on something with long straights like Circuit de la Sarthe)
- Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car (dirt/snow)
- Jay Leno Tank Car (drag racing is probably the only thing this is good for, but it'd be fun to get it to at least *work* for roads courses)
- Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car '95 (tarmac rally RH, dirt or snow)
- Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77 (dirt)
- Suzuki Concept-S2 '03
- Honda Insight '99 (tuned for "Electric Circuits" career events)
- Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Suzuki ALTO LAPIN Turbo '02
- Honda Z ACT '70
- Subaru 360 '58

Thanks a lot my friend @nataliereed84 . It will be a real pleasure for me to try and drive your tunes. 👍. Thanks again my friend @nataliereed84
Best regards
Jérôme :cheers: :cheers:

Hey there @nataliereed84, I've been reading a bit on the forum like i do from time to time, and since i'm getting more active on GT6 once again,tonight I'll tune you up and try to give a few pointers on the toe and Camber. While i'm not a tune uploader, like @GhostRider65 , @Jeje6410, I like you struggled on introducing myself to tunning, mainly also on the suspension and LSD. but once I studied a bit here on the forums, I went straight to tune what I felt it was cocrect, or "logical", and thenv thinkered alot. I do have a respect forthose guys though. I've tested a Lancer, which I don't remember who was, but it was quite fun
a few guys I always enjoyed the tunes I tested on on the WRS TT's was @Whitetail and @PASM , and I love playing with them, even If I always eat gravel. I wub you guys

like yourself, I love the cars for the style and idea behind them, and I love small fun cars, and Already have the megane, the lappin and the Xsara tunned out from the days I used to host FF races on thursdays. FF cars don't get enough love around here.

Like most of us here, that share a passion for cars, racing and other aspects on wheels, I do like how you appreciate cars, and even put yourself a limit on the number of cars you can have.

I thinking i'm going off topic kinda. anyway. Once I'm home. I'll focus on those cars, to help me get acostumated to my new wheel.

Hope to see you around here, and having a blast driving. you'll see that you'll Improve even more.

Last edited:
Xsara Vtr on SS at 450pp

Ride height on 125 / 100 (this was when i was testing out the supposed ride height glitch, where more higher front would give more turn capability) 115 on both also gives a good feeling

Springs 6,55 / 4,21

Shocks compression 4/6
Extension the same as above

ARB 3/4

Toe 0,0 /2,5

Camber 0,00 / -0,25

Brake balance 5/7, but this is totally personal, but since its an FF, on trail braking would give you more rotation

LSD
Initial 5
Accel 8
Breaking 12

All power upgrades

Wheight stage 3
windows reduction
Ballast 42Kg's at 50% (rear)

after all power upgrades, then onto transmission

Do the tranny switch you've been doing so far. set Final to 5,500, then max speed to 160Km/h (miles, what are those :v)
1st- 2,801
2nd- 1,975
3rd- 1528
4th- 1,271
5th- 1,091
6th- 0.933

Final 3,935

did My tests on Silverstone Internation circuit, my to go for 450PP testing

see if it was a nice ride or needs some adjustments

Suzuki ALTO LAPIN Turbo - 400PP SH

RIde height 105/105
springs 3,61 / 3,25
dampers compression and extension 3/5
ARB 3/4
Toe 0,0 / 2,0
camber 0,0 / -0,20

Break balance 5/7

LSD

Initial 10/8
Accel 12/10
Braking 5/6

Torque distribution at 35/65

All Power upgrades,
Limiter at 85,9

All wheight reductions possible

Transmission

Tranny flip once again
1st - 2.115
2nd - 2,220
3rd - 1,705
4th - 1395
5th - 1,126

final at 4,090

Tested at the same track, with the same setup on CS as well.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Lillum! I'll give that Citroen a shot tonight. Would you like feedback on it at all?

I actually ended up having to break my 300-cars rule. Part of that was simply finding a few hidden gems I hadn't noticed, but mostly it was because of the One-Make Races. I'm trying to get my 100% Completion, so when I went to do the One-Make Races I realized you had to bring your own cars! That was good news in that it meant I could choose which of the eligible cars to use, and tune them to my preferences, but BAD news in that the only races for which I had an eligible car were the Lotus Elise one (I have several) and the Honda Civic one (I had the 1983 1500 3-Door Civic, which was underpowered but still more than good enough to win). For the Corvette one, I had the C2 Coupe, the C1 Convertible and the Singray Racer Concept, but they were all far below the PP limit. So I ended up having to get new cars.

The worst thing was it messing up my 10-cars-maximum-per-manufacturer rule, because it pained me to have to do things like trade the quirky El Camino for stupid 2014 C7 Corvette, one of my beloved Imprezas for the 2012 BRZ, or a lovely old 90s Celica for a boring little Prius. For awhile I was going with 12... which works perfectly for giving me exactly all the Nissans, Mazdas, Mitsubishis, Hondas, Toyotas, Chevies, Audis and Volkswagens I wanted, but it looked ugly in the menus, made it so I had to scroll down after clicking on a manufacturer, and felt a bit excessive.

Right now I'm trying to keep things set at 330 cars in my garage, no more than 10 for any manufacturer, and an additonal 50 in the Stockyard (mostly prize cars I don't really use, but also the "extras" from when I was letting myself have 12 from a given dealership).

I hope you enjoy your wheel! I'm hoping to get one myself in the Fall maybe. It would mean having to rearrange my room, though... I have a very small bedsit apartment, so I play my games from my little bed on the floor, which wouldn't work for the pedals. But I'll figure it out when the time comes.

Cheers! :)

Here's my tune for the Chaparral 2X VGT

Chaparral 2X VGT 1.jpg

It's at 700PP and it just won the New Expert Seasonal Race (28/07/2016)

{{{{DRIVE & ENJOY}}}}
Cheers Smiley.gif

@Lilium

So I gave your Citroen a shot. The gear ratios, weight, damping and engine all feel pretty great. Good acceleration, nice sound. But it did seem to have too much understeer for my tastes. My instincts are to try reducing the rear camber, pulling in the rear toe, and adding a bit of toe out to the front. I'm going to give it a shot and see if that helps.

Actually to have more oversteer you would have to put more negative rear camber. but the car will be more twitchy, or hard to mantain a straightline, this that by giving small inputs of steer on a straight, they will last longer.

but do try the toe on the front. it might give you more grip on mid/late corner. but any FF will always understeer on accel. what I try to avoid is that they oversteer when on deaccel. my Xsara F2 Kit car does that, although on porpose for quick adjustments. but on other FF cars i was losing a bit of time on the rear being more loose.

you can also try to lower the LSD on the Braking aspect. the last slider. the less it has, the more loose it will be when off the accelerator.

But do mod it like what you mentioned and give me what it became like, and also values so i can set them and test them myself .:cheers:

the Transmission in both of the cars are an overall Transmission, not a set dedicated to silverstone. I try to tune the cars for an overall aproach. the Xsara, if i remember correctly (yesterday I didn't reach the max speed), is set to reach around 220/230 km/h

PS:
I might have given the sliders name wrong between toe and camber, but they're bby order of menu, and the units match the slider correctly. sorry if you mioght have been induced on error

And an observation to the cars on the list you would like tunes. The Jay Leno Tank Car.
actually it isn't used for drags, but for drifting. Its a monster on that, and hugely used, as well as the Shelby Series 1 as a go to Seasonal drift car

Last edited:
So I guess the Chapperal VGT doesn't actually LET you adjust anything except ballast and power limiter. I feel kinda silly having asked about getting tunes for it now. :P

I wonder if that's the reason certain other concept cars don't seem to have tunings available... Toyota FT-1, for example? I'll check around.

@Lilium

Yeah, Toe/Camber were mixed up at first, but it wasn't hard to figure out what you'd meant. I tried adjusting your version, and yeah, it seems the understeering is more of an issue of the car than it is of the tune. I tried @GhostRider65 's version and it's good like yours but also has the same issue. The way I was working your set-up was by trying something like no camber, negative 0.08 toe for both front and rear, and LSD brake sensitivity turned down to 10 or 12. That seemed to be working a bit better for me. I'll have to compare the three versions and see which gets the better lap time.

I'm working on the Subaru 360 for the Beginner's Seasonal Race, and it's going fairly well (it wins, at least), but I keep finding it likes to go really wild under rapid decel - either hard braking or bumping another car (it REALLY doesn't like to bump other cars). This usually takes the form of sudden rotation or spin, feels very slippery. The tire smoke isn't too bad when it happens, tho, and if I remember right mostly in the front outside. I've already got the LSD braking sensitivity all the way up to 20 and don't want to keep pushing it up if it isn't doing the trick. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that issue in a very lightweight rear-engine / real-wheel car? Right now I think I've got camber at 0.4/0.4, toe at 0.00 / 0.10, brakes at 2/2, weight balance at 50:50 (the car was already at 49:51 stock). It's at 450 on Sports Hard, with a Mid-RPM Turbo Kit (thinking it might work a bit better down at 430 or 400 though).

Edit:

Oh, does anyone know of any good guides on how to do rally tunes, dirt and snow? A LOT of the cars I want to set up tunes for are rally cars. I really really love WRC and Group B and find the dirt and snow driving EXTREMELY fun. Probably because I'm Canadian. :P

It seems like a dirt tune and snow tune are generally interchangeable, except for how you work the gear ratios- snow you want a decent high speed, dirt you want to be able to get lots of mid-range power to keep you steady during cornering, and prevent full-stops under the same.

I understand the general idea: higher ride height, softer springs, different principles for damping and stabilizers, generally higher settings on the LSD, avoid triple-plate clutch and anything else that will cause uphill lag, keep the car as light as you can without it going flying when it hits bumps, err towards mid-RPM power as said, and so on. But what I DON'T have is a very good idea of what levels to use as a starting position, or how different settings will react differently under these conditions than they do on the tarmac.

Last edited:
So I guess the Chapperal VGT doesn't actually LET you adjust anything except ballast and power limiter. I feel kinda silly having asked about getting tunes for it now. :P

I wonder if that's the reason certain other concept cars don't seem to have tunings available... Toyota FT-1, for example? I'll check around.

@Lilium

Yeah, Toe/Camber were mixed up at first, but it wasn't hard to figure out what you'd meant. I tried adjusting your version, and yeah, it seems the understeering is more of an issue of the car than it is of the tune. I tried @GhostRider65 's version and it's good like yours but also has the same issue. The way I was working your set-up was by trying something like no camber, negative 0.08 toe for both front and rear, and LSD brake sensitivity turned down to 10 or 12. That seemed to be working a bit better for me. I'll have to compare the three versions and see which gets the better lap time.

I'm working on the Subaru 360 for the Beginner's Seasonal Race, and it's going fairly well (it wins, at least), but I keep finding it likes to go really wild under rapid decel - either hard braking or bumping another car (it REALLY doesn't like to bump other cars). This usually takes the form of sudden rotation or spin, feels very slippery. The tire smoke isn't too bad when it happens, tho, and if I remember right mostly in the front outside. I've already got the LSD braking sensitivity all the way up to 20 and don't want to keep pushing it up if it isn't doing the trick. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that issue in a very lightweight rear-engine / real-wheel car? Right now I think I've got camber at 0.4/0.4, toe at 0.00 / 0.10, brakes at 2/2, weight balance at 50:50 (the car was already at 49:51 stock). It's at 450 on Sports Hard, with a Mid-RPM Turbo Kit (thinking it might work a bit better down at 430 or 400 though).

Edit:

Oh, does anyone know of any good guides on how to do rally tunes, dirt and snow? A LOT of the cars I want to set up tunes for are rally cars. I really really love WRC and Group B and find the dirt and snow driving EXTREMELY fun. Probably because I'm Canadian. :P

It seems like a dirt tune and snow tune are generally interchangeable, except for how you work the gear ratios- snow you want a decent high speed, dirt you want to be able to get lots of mid-range power to keep you steady during cornering, and prevent full-stops under the same.

I understand the general idea: higher ride height, softer springs, different principles for damping and stabilizers, generally higher settings on the LSD, avoid triple-plate clutch and anything else that will cause uphill lag, keep the car as light as you can without it going flying when it hits bumps, err towards mid-RPM power as said, and so on. But what I DON'T have is a very good idea of what levels to use as a starting position, or how different settings will react differently under these conditions than they do on the tarmac.
Make the 2X as light as possible by maxing power limiter then adding ballast. I moved ballast to -25 I believe. Adjusting brake bias to be more rear also helps entry, though it does keep you on your toes. Its not great at LeSarthe, but try it at Daytona Road or Silverstone GP.

Make the 2X as light as possible by maxing power limiter then adding ballast. I moved ballast to -25 I believe. Adjusting brake bias to be more rear also helps entry, though it does keep you on your toes. Its not great at LeSarthe, but try it at Daytona Road or Silverstone GP.

The set-up @Brewguy44 had above actually won the current Le Mans seasonal pretty easily. But not in a way I felt very good about. It was hard to control, spinning out FAR more than I feel comfortable with (not Brewguy's fault, of course, given that the car doesn't give you much options to work with)... but its speed on the straights got me through regardless. It felt sort of like "cheating", though. I should NOT be able to wipe out once per lap and still take Gold on an Expert-level race. And I want to win because of impeccable driving, a clean line and tight cornering, not just because I have space-age laser pulses launching me past 400 km/h, you know?

Last edited:
@Lilium

Just wanted to let you know I tried you Suzuki Alto Lapin and it is EXCELLENT, thank you! Only trouble was I couldn't get the gear ranges to match yours using the usual transmission flip method. I ended up just using the old 1st-to-far-left, 5th-to-far-right, rest to equal distances method. But it worked out very well.

@Lilium

Just wanted to let you know I tried you Suzuki Alto Lapin and it is EXCELLENT, thank you! Only trouble was I couldn't get the gear ranges to match yours using the usual transmission flip method. I ended up just using the old 1st-to-far-left, 5th-to-far-right, rest to equal distances method. But it worked out very well.

I'll check what i did to them and post them here.
and thanks for your input. :)

while I love rally like yourself, group B as well, unfortunatly I never tunned a car to dirt/snow, except my FIT RS '10. I can try to fiddle around and see if I can improve a car on the dirt and snow.

I'll give you my Megane tune, and will try the insight later as well.

It turns out SEVERAL of the cars I requested tunes for are actually locked, which makes me feel pretty stupid. Alpine VGT, Jay Leno Tank Car, and such. *sigh*

S0.... now that I've got my Platinum Trophy, and am starting to slowly phase over to other racing games, I was thinking maybe as a gesture of thanks, (@GhostRider65 , @Jeje6410 , @shaunm80 , @Bowtie-muscle , @Lilium , etc) I could share my playlists for GT6. I'm sucky at tuning, and don't have much to bring to the table here, but I *am* relatively young and musically informed. :P

Just... they probably won't work too well for older close-minded boomer types who refuse to acknowledge any good music has ever been produced except by white men from America or England between 1962 and 1977. :P

Anyway... Instructions:

- Choose the playlist(s) that most match your musical taste.
- Download the songs, ideally in Mp3 format so you won't have DRM problems, from your service of choice.
- Use a FAT 32 formatted USB drive to upload the songs to your PS3, and organize them into the respective playlists (doesn't matter what order you put them in).
- In GT6, go to Options > Sound > Personal BGM, set play mode to "shuffle" and "repeat folder" and choose a track from the playlist. And click the box marked "Use Personal BGM" under race music.
- Race, and Enjoy!

PLAYLIST NUMBER ONE: Pop / Dubstep
Ideal for contemporary sports cars

Adrian Lux - Teeange Crime (Radio Edit)
Annie - Me Plus One
The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
Chairlift - I Belong In Your Arms
CHVRCHES - Gun
Culture Shock - I Remember
Martin Solveig w/ Dragonette - Can’t Stop
EDX- Falling Out Of Love
Feathers - Dark Matter
Feed Me - Pink Lady
Gigamesh - All My Life
Gorillaz - Dare
Icona Pop - I Love It
Justice vs. Simian - We Are Your Friends
Kill Paris - Slap Me
The Knife - We Share Our Mother’s Health
Little Dragon - Little Man
Magnetic Fields - Take Ecstasy With Me (Susan Amway version)
Michael Jackson - Bad (Afrojack Club Mix)
Miss Palmer - By Now
Morgan Page - Body Work (Album Version)
MSTRKRFT - Easy Love
Neighbour - Light Breaker
New Look - Relax Your Mind
Niki & The Dove - Somebody
Panda Eyes w/ Teminite - High Score
Playgroup - Bring It On
Prince - I Would Die 4 U
Prince - Baby I’m A Star
Purple Disco Machine - The Path (Original Mix)
R3hab - The Bottle Song
Rihanna - Nobody’s Business
Robyn - Hang With Me
Santigold - Go!
Tobacoo - Hairy Candy
Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
Tommy Trash - Cascade (Original Mix)
Wolfgang Gartner w/ Eve - Get Em
Wynter Gordon - Still Getting Younger
Zanski - Losing You (Original Mix)

PLAYLIST NUMBER TWO: Punk / Psychedelic / Hard-Rock
Ideal for Skylines, WRXs, Evos, and anything else heavy, powerful and 4WD

Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues
Bauhaus - Third Uncle
Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
Boris - Pink
Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away
Buffy Sainte-Marie - He’s A Keeper Of The Fire
Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love
Captain Beefheart - Zig-Zag Wanderer
The Clash - Brand New Cadillac
Dead Milkmen - Bitchin' Camaro
Death - Keep On Knockin’
Fugazi - Turnover
Gang of Four - I Found That Essence Rare
Grupo Ciruela - Nada Nos Detendra
Hüsker Dü - Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill
The Jesus and Mary Chain - The Living End
Joan Jett - Victim of Circumstance
Joy Division - Interzone
Magazine - Shot By Both Sides (Original Single Mix)
Plasmatics - Butcher Baby
The Ramones - Howling At The Moon (Sha-La-La)
Ritchie Valens - Let’s Rock and Roll
The Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown
Sisters of Mercy - Lucretia My Reflection
Sleater-Kinney - Entertain
Sonic Youth - Kill Yr. Idols
The Stooges - Down On The Street
The Stooges - Death Trip
Syndicate of Sound - Little Girl
T. Rex - Buck Mackane
Television - Friction
The Vaselines - Sex Sux (Amen)
The Velvet Underground - I Can’t Stand It
The White Stripes - Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine
Wipers - Born With A Curse
Wire - Ex Lion Tamer
X- Johnny Hit and Run Pauline
X-Ray Spex - Oh Bondage Up Yours!

PLAYLIST NUMBER THREE: House / Electronic
Ideal for high-tech prototype racing cars and long endurance races

Ad Brown - Motion (Original Mix)
The Avener - Fade Our Lines (Original Mix)
Ben Pearce - What I Might Do (Club Edit)
The Chemical Brothers - Got Glint?
Claptone - Good To You (Original Mix)
Daphni - Yes, I Know
Deepdisco - Chicago (Original)
Depeche Mode - Fly On The Windscreen (Dark Fluid Mix)
Disclosure - Help Me Lose My Mind
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Dragonette - Outlines (Original Mix)
Dusky - Lost In You (Hugga Thugg Mix)
EDX - Angry Heart
Eelke Kleihn - Mistakes I’ve Made (Original Mix)
Electrobios & Interplay - With You
Frankie Knuckles - You’ve Got The Love
Fred Lilla - Strain (Original Mix)
Gareth Emery - Concrete Angel (Original Mix)
HERETIC - 44 Sqaudron
Illesnoise - Nova
Jomanda - Make My Body Rock
Joni - Drifting Off (Original Mix)
Kenny Larkin - Loop 1
Kunuyuki Takahashi - Storm
Lenne w. Scavenger - Chase The Sun
Lusine - Two Dots (Reverse Engineered)
Michael Cassette - Crockett’s Theme (Original Mix)
Miss KIttin - What To Wear
Miss Nine - Natsumi (Original Mix)
Miss Palmer - Enough For Me
Oliver $ & Jimi Jules - Pushing On (Oriignal Mix)
Paul Keeley - Cloud 9
Purple Disco Machine w/ Oli Rose - Let The Rain Pour
Saint Etienne - Urban Clearway
Shingo Nakamura - Sapporo (Original Mix)
Solarity - Mantis
Todd Terje - Delorean Dynamite
Tube & Berger - Straight Ahead (Extended Version)
Watermat - Bullitt (Original Mix)
16 Bit Lolitas - Blanket (Original Mix)

PLAYLIST NUMBER FOUR: R&B / Funk / Soul
ideal for sexy, stylish classics

Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
Beyoncé - Freedom
Bonobo w/ Andreya Triana - Wonder When
The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody
Class Action - Weekend (John Morales M&M Mix)
Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
Daft Punk w/ Pharell - Get Lucky
David Bowie - Fame
DJ Shadow - Organ Donor
Eric B & Rakim - Extended Beat
FCL - It’s You (San Soda Panorama Bar Acca Version)

Final Solution - Theme From ‘Brotherman’
Funk Deluxe - This Time
Future Feelings - Neat Disco (Original Mix)
Gwen Guthrie - It Should Have Been You (12” Vocal Mix)
Herbaliser - The Next Spot
Isaac Hayes - Hyperbolicsyllabicsequedelymistic
Jai Paul - Jasmine (Demo Version)
Janelle Monae - We Were Rock n’ Roll
Gloria Jones - Heartbeat
Laura Mvula - Flying Without You
Little Brother - Love Joint Revisited
Marvin Gaye - Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)
Mary Jane Girls - All Night Long
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Michael Jackson - Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough
Miguel Campbell - Not That Kind of Girl
Missy Elliott - The Rain
Patti Drew - Hard To Handle
Plunky & The Oneness of Juju - Every Way But Loose (Larry Levan Mix)
Prince - Let’s Pretend We’re Married
Randy Crawford - Street Life
Sabo & Zeb - Vibration
Shuggie Otis - Inspiration Information
Sneaky Sound System - Maybe
Stevie Wonder - Skeletons
Up, Bustle & Out - Hip Hop Barrio
Vanity 6 - If A Girl Answers, Don’t Hang Up
William DeVaughn - Just Be Thankful

PLAYLIST NUMBER FIVE: Indie / Alternative / New Wave
Ideal for peppy European hatchbacks and compacts

The Bangles - The Real World
Belle & Sebastien - Lazy Line Painter Jane
Best Coast - Boyfriend
Blondie - Maria
Cabaret Voltaire - Motion Rotation
CAN - Moonshake
The Chameleons - Mad Jack
The Clean - Complications
Depeche Mode - Dreaming Of Me (Album Version)
Dum Dum Girls - I Got Nothing
Echo & The Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
Elastica - Stutter
Florence & The Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Friends - Stay Dreaming
Gary Numan - I Die: You Die
Haim - If I Could Change Your Mind
Interpol - Say Hello To Angels
Love & Rockets - Yin And Yang (The Flowerpot Man)
The Mad Scene - Spilled Oranges
Mazzy Star - Blue Flower
New Order - Age Of Consent
The Pastels - Speedway Star
Pere Ubu - Breath
Primal Scream - Movin’ On Up
Psychic TV - Godstar (7" Mix)
Pulp - Disco 2000
Saint Etienne - Nothing Can Stop Us
School of Seven Bells - Scavenger
Sleigh Bells - Rill Rill
The Smiths - This Charming Man
Stereolab - Jenny Ondioline
The Stone Roses - She Plays The Druma
The Stranglers - Duchess
The Sugarcubes - Motorcrash
The The - Uncertain Smile
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
The Vaselines - Dying For It
The Wedding Present - Go Out And Get ‘Em Boy!
Yo La Tengo - Little Eyes
39 Clocks - Test The Beat

Last edited:
EDIT: Revised and updated the playlists. Swapped some songs around (I hadn't orgiinally planned to do a classic rock one, but I found some songs worked better on that one, others on the punk and indie/alternative one)

I made a Classic Rockish one too, albeit with a few modern things that felt to be in the same vein-
PLAYLIST NUMBER SIX - Classic Rock
Ideal for old American muscle cars

Alice Cooper - Hello, Hooray
Angels In Heavy Syrup - A Series Of Water Mind, Rubens and The Cathedral
The Beach Boys - Little Honda
Big Star - When My Baby's Beside Me
Bob Seger - You'll Accompany Me
Brian Eno - Baby's On Fire
Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
David Bowie - Golden Years
Deep Purple - Highway Star
Elvis Costello - What's So Funny About Peace, Love and Understanding?
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Ghost - Poper
Grateful Dead - Friend Of The Devil
Guided By Voices - My Son Cool
Guns 'n' Roses - Sweet Child of Mine
Heart - Barracuda
Iron Maiden - Wicker Man
Iron & Wine - The Devil Never Sleeps
Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life
Joan Jeff - Long Live The Night
The Kinks - Animal Farm
Neil Young - Cinammon Girl
The Psychedelic Furs - Pretty In Pink
Queen - I'm In Love With My Car
The Replacements - Hold My Life
Richard Buckner - A Chance Counsel
Rod Stewart - Young Turks
Roxy Music - Mother of Pearl
The Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash
Rush - Red Barchetta
Scorpions - Rock My Car
Songs: Ohia - John Henry Split My Heart
Split Enz - Sweet Dreams
T Rex - Mambo Sun
The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane (Full Length Version)
Warren Zevon - Lawyers, Guns and Money
The Who - Jaguar
X - Universal Corner
Yo La Tengo - Pass The Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind

Tried to also do a country/folk one, but I just didn't have enough that made good fast-driving music (more suited to long, monotonous highway driving :P )

Pretty easy to find classic rock songs about cars and driving. Harder to find GOOD ones.

Last edited:
I revised and improved the playlists a little bit. Moved some things around (adding the classic rock one made some things make more sense elsewhere), added more car-oriented-songs, etc.

Also today for fun I made a big list of all the tracks, rally stages and cars I'd add to GT7 if I were Queen Supreme of Polyphony:

Cicuits:

Autodroma Do Estoril

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Sebring
Circuit of the Americas

Oulton Park
Monticello Race Park
Detroit Street Circuit
Hungaroring
Dubai Autodrome
Mugello Circuit
Sepang International Circuit
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Okayama International Circuit

Point-to-Point:

Pikes Peak
Kenya Rally Stage
Newfoundland Rally Stage (Bonavista Peninsula or Avalon)
Finland Rally Stage (Ouninphoja)

Ireland Rally Stage (Mollis Gap)
Chile or Argentina Dakar Rally Stage
Morroco or Senegal Classic Dakar Rally Stage

Cars:

Abarth 595
Alfa Romeo Alfetta ’83
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV '15
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider '16
Alpine A460
AMC Gremlin X ’71
AMC Rambler Rebel ‘57
AMC Marlin ’66

AMC Javelin ‘68

AMC Pacer ’75
Audi S3 ’15
Audi A6 ’15
Audi R18 E-Tron Quattro
Austin-Healey 3000 ’67
Austin Mini Cooper S ’63

Austin A30 ’54
Bentley Continental Supersport ISR
BMW Z4 E89 35is
Buick Roadmaster Skylark ’53
Buck Electra ’59
Buick GSX ’71
Buick LeSabre Convertible ’65
Cadillac Series 75 ‘58

Cadillac DeVille ‘76
Cadillac Eldorado ’60
Cadillac ATS ’16
Cadillac Escalade ’15
Caterham Superlight R500
Chevrolet Impala SS ’65

Chevrolet Malibu SS ’67

Chevrolet Bel-Air ’56
Chevrolet Volt ’16
Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS ’77
Cheverolet Camaro Z28 ’15
Chrysler Neon ’96
Dodge Coronet 500 ’70
Dodge Dart SRT '16
Ferrari 488 '15
Ferrari 488 GTE
Ferrari 275 GTB Spider NART '67
Ferrari 750 Monza
Ferrari 340 Barchetta '51
Ford Thunderbird ’57

Ford Falcon XK ’60
Ford Falcon XB V8 Hardtop Coupe ’73
Ford Falcon XA 500 ’72
Ford Anglia ’60
Ford Prefect 107E ’59
Ford Escort Mk I RS1600 Rally Car ’72

Ford Escort Mk 1 RS2000
Ford Model T Hot Rod
Ford Galaxie 500 ’63
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth ’92
Ford Sierra RS Cosworth Rally Car

Gumpert Appollo S ’05
Jaguar F-Type Coupe ’15
Jaguar D-Type '55
Jaguar XE Coupe 4WD ’16
Jaguar C-X75 ’10
Jaguar XJ6 Saloon ’73

Jaguar XK120 ’49
Jaguar XJ-SC Roadster or XJ-S 3.6 ’83
Jeep Willys MB ’42
Jeep Renegade ’76

Jeep Wrangler ’15
Jeep Commander ’06
Kia... something. An Optima or whatever. THEY SHOULD JUST HAVE KIA OKAY.
Koenigsegg CCX ’10

Koenigsegg Agera ’16
Lamborghini Huracan '16
Lexus RC 350 ’15
Lexus RC F GT500
Lincoln Continental Mark IV ’59

Lincoln Town Car Touring Series ’02

Lincoln MKZ ’16
Lotus Exige V6 ’12
Lotus 2 Eleven '11
Maserati Ghibli '67
Maserati Bora '71