Some beginner-ish tuning questions / request

Canada
Vancouver
nataliereed84
Hi! I posted a bit of an introductory thread over in General Questions, with a few tuning-related questions, and it was suggested I bring those over here.

So, as said, I'm good with racing, but haven't really had any past experience with sims, nor any experience in real garages, which makes the tuning aspect a whole unexplored country for me.

I'd LIKE to learn how to do my own tunes, properly (more on that in a moment), but it's a steep learning curve, especially for suspension and drivetrain (gear ratios, downforce, brakes and weight balance are comparatively easy to get the hang of). Even if you know what each of the values IS and what they DO, they doesn't necessarily translate to knowing where to put them, how much to adjust them, how they interact with one another, etc.

So, in the mean time, while I'm mostly using other people's tunes (ghostrider65, jeje6410, Praiano63 and Arrakis Speed Garage are all fantastic- if you're reading, you do wonderful magic! Thank you!)... I would like to ask...

1) What would be the simplest way to adjust a tune for different tires while preserving the overall handling of that tune? Like if I want to use a tune designed for RS in an event that requires SS or less, or I want to use a tune designed for SS in a SH-only event, etc?

Like, would I just soften or stiffen the springs? By what percentage? Would I need to also adjust the ride height and/or ARB too? How much?

2) Similarly, is there a relatively simple way to factor in improved body rigidity to a tune that isn't supposed to have it? Early in the game, while I was sort of naively pretending I could mostly ignore the tuning menus, the body rigidity improvement was my go-to for taming wild or oversteering cars, and now I'm stuck with it for several of my favs'. But (for good reason), body rigidity is rarely used in quality tunings, and (for less good reasons) can't be undone once it's there.

And then, getting back to learning to do my own tunings...

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to do a custom tune for me where they also sort of write a "walkthrough" for each setting, explaining (in order of their actual process) what they changed and why they set it to the value they did, including indications of the INITIAL changes they made before arriving on the final settled ones. That way I could get a look at what the process looks like for people who know what they're doing.

A few cars that I might enjoy tunings for, as part of the walkthrough / explanation dealie, are...

- Isuzu Piazza XE (for the current intermediate seasonal race). I think this is a lovely looking car, very "of it's time" and yet also has a good deal of the maestro's personality in it, and I'm SURE it's got a lot of potential to exceed what the stock form is capable of.

- Fiat 500 F '65 (these things are cute and cool and an iconic part of 60s automotive history)

- Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 (very very cool 80s look, almost like a weird British knockoff Lambo, I LOOOOVE Lotus, and for some reason this is the only one I haven't been able to find a tune for)

So... what do you say? Help a girl out a bit?

Thanks! :)

Here is a tuning guide by @Motor City Hami. There are other good guides too but I forget where they are.

So, in the mean time, while I'm mostly using other people's tunes (ghostrider65, jeje6410, Praiano63 and Arrakis Speed Garage are all fantastic- if you're reading, you do wonderful magic! Thank you!)... I would like to ask...
If you put @ in front of their name, the forum will notify them that they've been tagged so they will be reading then. 👍
(although I think at least one of those people doesn't log in anymore so probably won't receive such an alert)
@GhostRider65, @Jeje6410, @feydrautha (of Arrakis fame). There you go, some tags for them. :)

OH! And... I also might be interested in joining some clubs for online races.
You've probably already found it by now but here's the link for that. 👍

@nataliereed84,

1) 1mm change on ride height between one grade of tires.
If car runs on tune with RS using height F90/R95 and you want to use SS then change +3mm to F93/R98 and it's acting close to same as on RS, some occasional tunes might vary bit, meaning at change might be bit more or less than 1mm/grade.

2) body rigidity makes camber and toe settings more active along stiffening whole suspension areas.
If camber and toe are well set, you'll get huge benefits from using body rigidity.

Hi! I posted a bit of an introductory thread over in General Questions, with a few tuning-related questions, and it was suggested I bring those over here.

Thanks! :)

Hi @nataliereed84

I thank you very much to enjoy my cars . I will try to help you so you can make cars . But I want to tell you that I do not claim to be the best. Far from there. I do not do tunes to be the best . Just for my pleasure and if some drivers then love them so much better. All my cars are not perfect . In any case I wish you welcome and I will do my best to be able to help you. Do not hesitate to seek advice as to my friend @GhostRider65 who will be happy to answer you .

Welcome to :gtpflag:. Good luck. :cheers:

- Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87 (very very cool 80s look, almost like a weird British knockoff Lambo, I LOOOOVE Lotus, and for some reason this is the only one I haven't been able to find a tune for)

Here is one that I made long ago in 2014 :

Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
James Bond For Your Eyes Only Replica ( Real World Setup )

Tuned to replicate Lotus Esprit Turbo James Bond
featured in For Your Eyes Only driven by Roger Moore
Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

CAR : Lotus Esprit Turbo HC '87
Tire : Comfort Hard to Sports Medium

Specs
Horsepower: 210 HP at 5800 RPM
Torque: 219.8 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 98.2%
Weight: 1220 kg
Ballast : 170 kg
Ballast Position : 38
Weight Distribution : 42 / 58 as in real life spec.
Performance Points: 418

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED in this build )
Wheels : Standard Size or +1 Inch Up - BBS RS painted in Saddle Tan ( from Chevrolet Corvette Coupe C2 '63 )
Car Paint : Hot Lava ( from Scion FR-S '12 )

Tuning Parts Installed :
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension - EIBACH Springs and Bilstein Damper with Real World Alignment Setup ( 375/275 )
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 70 70
Spring Rate: 6.70 4.91
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 4 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 1
Camber Angle: 0.7 0.9 ( real life range 0.7+-0.2 front, 0.9+-0.2 rear )
Toe Angle: -0.20 0.47 ( real life toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear )

LSD - Quaife ATB Helical LSD
Initial Torque : 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Brake Balance:
5/3 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/3, for ABS 1 5/3 or feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :
Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/3 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

I built this replica out of interest when a member asked about replicating the James Bond Lotus Esprit Turbo featured in For Your Eyes Only visually :)

I did some research, collecting information on the car, getting suspension, weight, LSD and power figure from various dedicated Lotus site and forums.

First of all, power is at 210HP to replicate 1981 Lotus Esprit Essex Turbo S3 power. Weight is at 1220kg with real life distribution at 42/58, ballast is used to achieve the weight specification.

For suspension, I have collected various information on coilover kits and springs for Lotus Esprit Turbo. I decided to use Eibach Spring set with 375lb/in front and 275lb/in rear, a highly recommended spring rate combo by Lotus workshop for road and track. Most springs for the Lotus Esprit, even the stock one are lower at the rear to give better stability and traction balance.

Damper has been tuned for balance of braking/entry and traction in mid corner to exit. Real world alignment has also been used on both camber and toe. Real life recommended alignment for Esprit up to S4 :
Camber : -0.7+-0.2 front, -0.9+-0.2 rear
Toe Angle : toe out 0.20degree+-0.10 front, toe in 0.40degree+-0.07 rear

For LSD, I used Quaife ATB Helical LSD, replicated with medium preload and locking on acceleration side. This gives distinct behavior like Quaife LSD is famous for :)

I tuned and tested this car mainly at Tsukuba, with only 418PP and comfort soft, it managed 1:08.051 :eek: on test lap. It should be able to post 1:07s, which is quick for such an old car with only suspension and LSD tweaks :D

When driving the Lotus, keep in mind that there's a lot of weight at the rear, steer with throttle on exit, minimize jerking the steering input, being smooth, slow in fast out will result in great lap time. There's a sweet spot when traction limit is reached, when the rear outside started to slip, keep the steering steady, reduce throttle a bit to maintain balance.

ENJOY :cheers:

The real car :

Lotus_Turbo_Esprit_James_Bond_007.jpg

For information on tuning, you can read my garage from page 140 to 149, there are lots of post discussing suspension flow tuning ( spring,ARB,damper ) and LSD.

For body rigidity fitted cars adapting non body rigidity tunes, usually ARB and damper tweak needed to compensate for the added chassis stiffness, it also depend on the goal, do you want the car to behave like the tune supposed to do ( without rigidity ) or to your driving style/preference. Lowering ARB or lowering damper ( usually rear compression and extension, front extension can also be lowered to good effect, try lowering by 1 )

Adding what @OdeFinn says on ride height for adapting different tire grade, sometimes lowering damper compression may help on troublesome cars when fitting lower grade tires, say a tune for RS tire getting SH or SM tire. Most of the time, RS tire tune will have lower front and higher rear damper compression, raising front compression and lowering rear compression may help better traction on lower grip tires, but don't go too far, try lowering/raising by 1. RS tune also tend to run lower rear extension, but high front extension, this helps smooths the RS tire handling response and lessen sudden weight transfer, when fitting lower grip tire, you can also increase rear extension or lower front extension to improve rotation and handling response ( again try by 1 click )

Here is an example of damper setup for RS tire, a TT car for 700PP La Sarthe seasonal super lap, the car is LM race car with 54% weight at the rear :

Dampers (Compression): 1 10
Dampers (Extension): 10 1

The ARB is set at max on both ends ( 7 ), with spring slightly higher at the rear and max aero. The tune was used for top ten rank, so I won't show more or what car :) It's just an example of how alien drivers used unique damper setup on RS tire.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the thoughtful responses, everyone!

The details from @OdeFinn and @Ridox2JZGTE on how to adjust ride height and dampers for tire downgrades are perfect and EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you. I even already applied some of those principles to @GhostRider65 's '54 Corvette C1 Convertible (I painted it red and like to just think of it as "the Akio Car from Revolutionary Girl Utena" :P ), and it's a great ride.

And no worries on not wanting to share the tune in question. Some players are at that high-level of competition, and enjoy it, and I can respect that.

BTW, have you ever read the Ghost Rider comic that came out a couple years back where the new ghost rider is a teenage latino gearhead kid from LA? And instead of a bike he drives (IIRC) a '71 Charger? It was pretty fun. :P

all-new-marvel-now-smith-ghost-rider.jpg

@Jeje6410 , I don't mind if your tunes are the "best" or not. I enjoy driving them, and if you enjoy making and sharing them, those are the most important things. I don't think I'd really trust anyone who was too caught up on the idea of "best" cars anyway. The fun and pleasure of the drive should be just as important as how many split-seconds you can shave off your lap times (at least in my own view, anyway).

On some less-focused gaming sites I've seen people looking purely at how much HP they can get in under career-mode PP limits for the least credits, or how to get their trophies the fastest and easiest way possible, with absolutely no love for the cars themselves or the long-term enjoyment of the game, which seemed rather sad to me.

Thanks again, everyone! :)

Your comment is full of good sense and deserves respect, i'm curious to know how you modified the Corvette C1 '54, not for to criticize or judge but rather to study your approach to the adjustment made to the car !!

And YEEESSSSS !! I had the opportunity to read some Ghost Rider comic but not enough at my taste because i had enjoyed :)👍👍👍👍👍 !!

Best regards nataliereed84 !! :cheers:👍

Your comment is full of good sense and deserves respect, i'm curious to know how you modified the Corvette C1 '54, not for to criticize or judge but rather to study your approach to the adjustment made to the car !!

Sure!

I switched the tires to Sports Soft (so it can compete in more normal-car events) and as per the advice above, I switched the ride height to 126/127, adjusted the springs to 9.94 and 6.52, set the compressors to 3/3 and extenders to 3/6... I've got ARB at 3/4 but that was probably your original. I also swapped out the ECU that I think you had, and settled on Racing Exhaust, Intake Tuning, Stage 3 engine upgrade, and set the limiter to 99.1. And I adjusted the ballast to 39kg at 30. I think that gave me almost the exact same HP to PP and weight that you had, and certainly resulted in a nice ride nonetheless.

I took out the sports computer because I sort of dislike having them in pre-1980 cars on principle. I usually like finding another way to achieve the same power, if at all possible.

After posting that Ghost Rider picture, I decided to paint my Super Bee black and have a go at doing my own personal tune for it. If anyone's interested, these are the results I settled on... I think the transmission could use some tweaking, but the handling feels surprisingly nimble for a big heavy muscle car, and the braking (which started out as ridiculous fishtailing) is now a very smooth, controlled glide. For a beginner's "feel it out" tune, I'm actually pretty proud of it! :)

Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71-

550pp
626HP
1400kg (53:47)
Torque 695 ft-lb

(Tested at Willow Springs and Laguna Seca)

Yes to Oil Change
Custom Rear Wing
Tires: SS

ABS - 1
TCS - 2
SRF - On
All other aids off

Suspension:

Ride Height - 100/95
Spring Rate - 7.85/6.36
Dampers (C) - 4/5
Dampers (E) - 4/4
ARB - 5/6
Camber Angle - 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle - -0.08 / 0.10
Brakes (Racing) - 4/4

Transmission:

Initial Final (5.000... I think?)
Max Speed: 180 km/h (or whatever the hell that is in silly American units :P )
1st - 3.033
2nd - 2.230
3rd- 1.760
4th - 1.380
5th- 1.115
Final - 3.090

LSD:

-/14
-/8
-/14

Clutch: Triple
Drive Shaft: Carbon

Power:

Limiter- 98.6
Engine - Stage 1
Computer - Standard (as said, I try to avoid these in anything from '79 or earlier)
Exhaust - Sports
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Cats: Sports
Intake: Standard
Supercharger

Body:

Downforce: 0/20
Ballast: 35kg at 50
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Hood: Carbon (Body Color)
Windows: Weight Reduction

If anyone wants to give it a spin and let me know how I did, I'd be grateful. Happy to receive constructive criticism!

Hello @nataliereed84 and welcome to the community! You have asked and been answered by some of the most capable and well respected tuners in the game. @GhostRider65, and @Jeje6410, @Ridox2JZGTE, @squander and so many more that will be more than happy to see you get to where you would like to be in tuning on GT6. I love the game and I play for self satisfaction and for fun, I'm not super competitive or anywhere near the best tuner, I'm more of a tinkerer that likes to see how far I can push a car on the game. I tune cars myself and I also go to the community and test other tunes and use them as a start point or to see where I might need to make improvements on my own tunes. A majority of the people in this community are great and put a lot of time and effort into their tunes and are gracious enough to share their wisdom with everyone. I hope you have a lot of fun with the game as I have and know that you are surrounded by some of the best tuners and advisors the game has to offer! @GhostRider65 has helped me too many times to count when I get stumped and his tunes always deliver as advertised! But if you need anything feel free to ask and if I can help I most certainly will.

Regards,
@MaxHavoc

@Jeje6410 , I don't mind if your tunes are the "best" or not. I enjoy driving them, and if you enjoy making and sharing them, those are the most important things. I don't think I'd really trust anyone who was too caught up on the idea of "best" cars anyway. The fun and pleasure of the drive should be just as important as how many split-seconds you can shav

Hi @nataliereed84 ,

Thank you in any case it's a real pleasure for me to read your satisfaction for my cars and I thanks you very much :cheers:
I just make tunes for my pleasure and because I love cars. Otherwise I would not do it . Since childhood I dream of driving sports cars or racing cars . But I know that for now it is only a dream so I take great pleasure in modifying cars on GT6.
I tested your car and I'll tell you frankly what I think. I 'm not like as my friend @fordlaser777 who liked your car. I use a DS3 and in fact I struggled to control even with TCS 2. Perhaps with a better wheel we arrive there . Congratulations for your gearbox. Great.:bowdown:
Then I allowed myself to change , keeping your gear, your ballast and your engine modifications.
Those are the following :
126/127
11.16 / 7.16
5 / 5
5 / 5
4 / 3
0.8 / 0.9
-0.07 / 0.32

Brakes
4 / 4

LSD
8/6/20

This better suits my driving style. I hope you will not blame me too . I'm here if you need help and my friend @GhostRider65 too. Do not hesitate to ask us. Now if you feel good in your amendments do not exchange . Especially keeps his style.

Best regards
:cheers:

Last edited:
Hi @nataliereed84 ,

Thank you in any case it's a real pleasure for me to read your satisfaction for my cars and I thanks you very much :cheers:
I just make tunes for my pleasure and because I love cars. Otherwise I would not do it . Since childhood I dream of driving sports cars or racing cars . But I know that for now it is only a dream so I take great pleasure in modifying cars on GT6.
I tested your car and I'll tell you frankly what I think. I 'm not like as my friend @fordlaser777 who liked your car. I use a DS3 and in fact I struggled to control even with TCS 2. Perhaps with a better wheel we arrive there . Congratulations for your gearbox. Great.:bowdown:
Then I allowed myself to change , keeping your gear, your ballast and your engine modifications.
Those are the following :
126/127
11.16 / 7.16
5 / 5
5 / 5
4 / 3
0.8 / 0.9
-0.07 / 0.32

Brakes
4 / 4

LSD
8/6/20

This better suits my driving style. I hope you will not blame me too . I'm here if you need help and my friend @GhostRider65 too. Do not hesitate to ask us. Now if you feel good in your amendments do not exchange . Especially keeps his style.

Best regards
That is interesting you struggled with the car and I did not but you use a DS3 and your tunes suit me, I still think its our driving style but it would see how other DS3 users go.

Thanks for the replies and input @fordlaser777 and @jeje410 !

And don't worry, as said, I'm more than happy to hear criticism. If I got offended by people trying to help me learn, I'd never get any better!

I'll give your modifications a try and see how it works for me. I should probably have mentioned that for the time being I'm just using a standard dualshock controller (I use the shoulder buttons for acceleration/braking so I have some touch-sensitivity). I'm trying to figure out which wheel would suit me (and how best to rearrange my apartment so I can actually use it :P ), and am also on a bit of a tight budget.

As for the difference between your reactions... maybe it relates to the weight and length, and the very American muslcey carness of it? I've noticed that @GhostRider65 tends to keep his muscle cars on racing softs, even for the 450 - 550 pp range, and @Jeje6410 hasn't done any (that I recall)?

So trying the two out, back to back (at Willow Springs and Leguna Seca) again, I have to say @Jeje6410 's version is definitely a lot more stable and easy to control... and as a ghost looks a lot less silly than mine.

BUT... the weird thing is that despite that huge increase in control, I was pulling better lap times with my version at both tracks (about half a second at Laguna Secuna, about a full second at Willow Springs). Which is odd.

I'm more interested in races than time trials, so either version is fine for my actual needs. I suppose it's just a question of which I enjoy more.

I might play around a bit and see if I can find some kind of happy median between the two.

I will try @Jeje6410 settings for the car tomorrow and see if it better 👍.

Well, it's definitely a lot better in terms of stability and control!

By the way, if anyone has a bit of time to kill and any interest in the following cars, my current "wishlist" for tunes is:

- Isuzu Piazza XE '81 - 450pp on CS with the option of SH, primarily but not exclusively for the intermediate seasonal
- Citroen 2CV '54 - 350pp on CS and/or SH
- Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62 - 350pp on CS and/or SH
- Fiat 500 F '65 - 350pp on CS
- Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74 - 450-500pp for Dirt
- Renault R8 Gordini '66 - 400-pp for tarmac rally

Hi @nataliereed84 ,

Just a small clarification about my muscle cars, they had all settled suite to requests, for online races with and especially soft racing tires and 500pp !! Tonight i turn to yours cars test and i would like you to the current :)👍 !!

Best regards :cheers:👍 !!

Hi @nataliereed84

Make sure you keep in mind that each and every one of us drives a little bit different so what is perfect for me might feel a little different for other people that's what makes the game so great, you get to set it up the way you like and go with what works for you. But seeing other people's tunes gives you either a template or starting point to individuality and makes the gameplay that much more fun! Some people tune to a steering wheel which is way different than controller driving. I cannot wait to see what GT Sport is going to have inside!!! November can't get here fast enough!!!

Enjoy your day!

@MaxHavoc Yeah, absolutely. It's that ability to adapt the cars for individual preference that has me wanting to learn how to do my own. It would mean being able to adapt a car I to the event or series I wish to use it for, being able to tune any car I happen to like even if no one else seems to like it much, being able to do tunings to specific purposes like dirt, snow, hillclimbs or Nurburgring, and, most important, being able to tune the cars to my own personal preferences and drive style.

Like, not just personal drive style in terms of what would give me better lap times, but also in terms of what I find enjoyable to drive. For example, I'm VERY fond of zippy, nimble little lightweights... like some of the takes I've found here on the Elise 111R and its race car twin. Even if they're not necessarily the fastest for less technical circuits, I find them extremely fun to drive.

As for GT Sport...

I'm not going to get to play it. At least not for a long while. :-/

I've only got a PS3 for now. I'd like to get a PS4 eventually, but I'm really very very poor (one of the reasons I love GT6 is that it gives me a chance to enjoy cars I normally wouldn't be able to afford to BREATHE on, let alone play with the tuning and recklessly drive around the Nürburgring). I also have a TON of PS3 games I'm still meaning to play. Like just for racing games ALONE I haven't gotten to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, DiRT 2 and Split/Second all waiting for some love. (I'm also a big fan of RPGs, Fighting Games and Puzzle Games too... and have a pretty big back-catalog of games for each).

And there's even still some games coming out for PS3! Persona 5, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Guilty Gear: Revelator, etc.

And GT Sport seems very focused on the online multiplayer, and has vastly toned down the car selection and single player mode in relation to that priority. Personally, in GT6 single player career mode and the seasonal single races are my favourite mode for the game, and I really really love "collecting" different dream cars of mine... so I'm not sure I'd enjoy GT Sport as much.

So I think PS4 is probably going to have to wait until around Christmas 2017, probably. Maybe even later. Though I CERTAINLY hope to have one by the time we see GT7 and Elder Scrolls 6. :P

P.S.

In terms of collecting: I desperately hope GT7 keeps everything from the current roster and adds in Saab, Lincoln, Kia, Daewoo and Koenisegg, brings greater variety to the American (would love some classic Galaxies, Impalas, Continentals and Cadillacs), Australian (Pursuits! old Falcons!) and European choices, and adds in some more cool and beloved classics even if they aren't necessarily great for sport or competitive driving. Like I love driving the 2CV and Panda and such, and I can't be the only player more interested in style than power, so why not build on that set for like-minded players? Create some One-Make challenges for them, even, or add more events with specific cars and types in mind (it kinda bugged me a bit that the compact, hothatch, modern muscle car, GT3, GT300 and GT500 events didn't ACTUALLY restrict you to the intended car type).

So trying the two out, back to back (at Willow Springs and Leguna Seca) again, I have to say @Jeje6410 's version is definitely a lot more stable and easy to control... and as a ghost looks a lot less silly than mine.

BUT... the weird thing is that despite that huge increase in control, I was pulling better lap times with my version at both tracks (about half a second at Laguna Secuna, about a full second at Willow Springs). Which is odd.

I'm more interested in races than time trials, so either version is fine for my actual needs. I suppose it's just a question of which I enjoy more.

I might play around a bit and see if I can find some kind of happy median between the two.

Hi @nataliereed84

I also do not understand what is happening . For my car I 'm faster than yours. And you it's the opposite . It's a mystery.:lol:
I think you found your style. Especially the guards . You will see that over time you will make changes . I started to drive with the car my friend @GhostRider65 . His style of car is really superb. Then over time I found myself driving style and I felt good (but not necessarily faster). And I keep my cars and made with . So keep that style and refines it.

Best regards

I just tried @Jeje6410 settings for the Dodge at the Laguna Seca, the handling of the car in the corners was a nightmare, I had to fight the wheel just to try to keep this car on the track in the corners. @nataliereed84 tune I had no issues in the corners, so this is where some tunes work and some tunes do not work for you.

I just tried @Jeje6410 settings for the Dodge at the Laguna Seca, the handling of the car in the corners was a nightmare, I had to fight the wheel just to try to keep this car on the track in the corners. @nataliereed84 tune I had no issues in the corners, so this is where some tunes work and some tunes do not work for you.

Thanks my friend @fordlaser777 for your comments for this car.
Well I see the work waiting for me on this Dodge. I was wrong. It does not matter. Nothing is perfect.
Thanks again my friend :cheers:

Hi @nataliereed84 ,

I tested the setting of your cars ( @Jeje6410 and @nataliereed84 ) and my opinion is mixed, which proves that we have a different riding style :) !!

Here's my version for the Super Bee :

550pp / 1390 kg's / 631 bhp / 55% - 45% / Sports soft tires

No oil change !! No rear wing !!

Suspension : 94 / 95 = 12.40 / 9.70 = 3 / 2 = 2 / 3 = 6 / 7 = 0.4 / 0.4 = -0.10 / 0.20

Brakes : 4 / 4 ( Racing brakes kit )

LSD : 7 / 5 / 14 ( Triple-plate clutch kit + Carbon drive shaft )

Power options : Engine stage 1 + Sports exhaust + Isometric manifold + Catalytic sports + Intake tuning + Supercharger = 97.1%

Weight reduction : Stage 3 + hood + windows

Ballast weight : 25 kg's @ -50%

Gearbox : Reset = Final gear to 5000 = Max speed 112mph = Ratios = Final gear to 3.050
1 = 3.205 2 = 2.170 3 = 1.610 4 = 1.265 5 = 1.040

Driving aids : TC = 1 ABS = 1

Give me your opinion !! :cheers:👍

Last edited:
Hi @nataliereed84 ,

I tested the setting of your cars ( @Jeje6410 and @nataliereed84 ) and my opinion is mixed, which proves that we have a different riding style :) !!

Here's my version for the Super Bee :

550pp / 1390 kg's / 631 bhp / 55% - 45% / Sports soft tires

No oil change !! No rear wing !!

Suspension : 94 / 95 = 12.40 / 9.70 = 3 / 2 = 2 / 3 = 6 / 7 = 0.4 / 0.4 = -0.10 / 0.20

Brakes : 4 / 4 ( Racing brakes kit )

LSD : 7 / 5 / 14 ( Triple-plate clutch kit + Carbon drive shaft )

Power options : Engine stage 1 + Sports exhaust + Isometric manifold + Catalytic sports + Intake tuning + Supercharger = 97.1%

Weight reduction : Stage 3 + hood + windows

Ballast weight : 25 kg's @ -50%

Gearbox : Reset = Final gear to 5000 = Max speed 112mph = Ratios = Final gear to 3.050
1 = 3.205 2 = 2.170 3 = 1.610 4 = 1.265 5 = 1.040

Driving aids : TC = 1 ABS = 1

Give me your opinion !! :cheers:👍

Hi my friend @GhostRider65
I will try your version tomorrow.
But I already know that she is better than mine

Best regards my friend
Take care

1. As much as possible, I leave a tune unchanged after changing tyre grade but I might tune more for oversteer or fast steering response if I go to a much higher grip tyre set and look to improve performance with bumps too, since I will smash over the kerbs at higher speeds.

2. After adding ridgidity, you can lower ARB and tweak some other settings to make it feel close to how it was before. I go into more detail in my tuning guide in my garage, found in my sig.

How a tuner uses camber and toe and other settings might influence heavily how they answer your questions as well as wich cars and tracks they tend to use.

The best way to develop your tuning is to test and tweak and test and tweak a single car at a set pp on a set track.

No, @Jeje6410 , my version isn't better! Yours was FAR more stable than mine, at least for me. I think this is just a question of different styles for different drivers. What I really want to do is try to find a balance between the two. :P

Anyway, I decided to take another shot at doing some of my own, working on the Mazda Carol 360 and Isuzu Piazza XE. This time I decided to go very slowly, step-by-step, focusing on one variable at a time (changing then testing). The Mazda worked out great, better than the Charger certainly, but the Isuzu... not so much. She's still having some serious loss of grip if I give too much throttle on long or tight corners, and I get a lot of tire squeel even when everything seems to be fine. I think the problem is probably with toe and camber angle, since that's around the point that my changes stopped improving anything, and changing other things seems to just introduce NEW problems.

Will post them in later after some coffee.

But the good thing is that after doing these ones, with that slow and deliberate process, I feel I'm starting to get a MUCH better and more intuitive sense of what each setting does and how it interacts with the car. Camber/Toe still feel very mysterious, but I'm starting to feel a lot better about my understanding of the springs/dampers/ARB and LSD.

Last edited:
No, @Jeje6410 , my version isn't better! Yours was FAR more stable than mine, at least for me. I think this is just a question of different styles for different drivers. What I really want to do is try to find a balance between the two

Yes I think the same thing.But I know you'll get there. 👍 Do not hesitate to ask if you have problems . I would do my best to help you if I can because I do not know everything.
Especially TAKE your time. Do not precipitates too .
Good work and good luck my friend @nataliereed84 .:cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you very very much for all the help, patience and understanding @Jeje6410 . You're a good guy, I really do appreciate it. So far it seems like the GT community is pretty great... (certainly so in comparison to my rather awful experiences with the fighting game community... ugh)

Anyway, this is my Mazda Carol 360 Deluxe '62. A very wimpy little car, but cute and fun nonetheless, and I was able to win the Novice events using it. I feel I learned a lot tuning it, though it helped that it was already a very well balanced car from the beginning (surprisingly so for a rear engine drivetrain).

Tested at Autumn Ring Mini and Autumn Ring (I got a kick out of it being small enough to use a kart track):

PP - 346
Power - 56
Weight - 505kg
Balance- 58:42

Tires: Comfort Soft
Oil Change
Wheels +2

Engine: Stage 3
Sport Computer (sigh)
Semi-Racing Exhaust (the racing exhaust sounds TERRIBLE and wasn't worth the few extra HP)
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Cats: Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Hood: Carbon (Body Colour)
Windows: Weight Reduction
No Ballast
No Aero Parts

Suspension:

Ride Height: 115/115
Springs: 2.53/2.02
Dampers (C): 2/3
Dampers (E) 2/3
ARB: 4/3
Camber Angle: 0.3 / 0.3
Toe Angle: -0.05 / 0.12
Brakes (Racing): 3/3

LSD: 5/10/5
Clutch: Twin
Drive Shaft: Standard

Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission:

Initial final: 5.500 (I think... I keep forgetting to write it down!)
Max Speed: 100km/h
Ratios turned all the way right (though I might want to change 4th and 5th. Gets a bit pokey there)-
1st - 4.679
2nd - 3.300
3rd - 2.454
4th - 1.909
5th - 1.560
Final- 3.000

Vroom vroom!

Back