Some dirty driving.

stevenhiggster
Check out this loser. He messed up a corner and tried to take me out. This put me off a little and I messed up the chicane allowing him a good run at me down the straight. I knew he would try to dive down the inside so I left him plenty of space to run wide. He did exactly as I thought he would which gave me a good run to the finish. But no, the big baby couldn't handle that and repeatedly try to ram me into the wall. What a loser. Wish we could report people.

It was a shame as well because up till then it had been a great race, I had Sat on his back bumper for 3 or 4 laps CLEANLY, never touched him once or tried any stupid passes. I could have forced him wide or bumped him many a time, but I'm not a loser like him.

Last edited:
Check out this loser. He messed up a corner and tried to take me out. This put me off a little and I messed up the chicane allowing him a good run at me down the straight. I knew he would try to dive down the inside so I left him plenty of space to run wide. He did exactly as I thought he would which gave me a good run to the finish. But no, the big baby couldn't handle that and repeatedly try to ram me into the wall. What a loser. Wish we could report people.

LOL...Whats was the SR rating in the lobby?

Haha, well, if you look at his user name you know what you are in for. I raced against a guy like that the other day and got basically the same kind of race. Wasn't surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's pretty bad! But with a name like that, I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Same with the guys with rude/trolling liveries. Saw this happen in the FIA karting race yesterday as well. At the very last corner & run to the finish, a few people did this. Funnily enough, they all ended with blue SR: A. I guess if you run a clean race and only do this at the end, it doesn't really affect your SR.

There needs to be a way to stop this, but at the moment I can't think of how that would work. Maybe a large penalty if you make contact on the last lap? But I guess people would just do this on the penultimate lap instead..

the higher you rate the more forgiving the severity of infraction. it almost looks like was retaliating because he felt you edged him out on the final sweeper.

the higher you rate the more forgiving the severity of infraction. it almost looks like was retaliating because he felt you edged him out on the final sweeper.

Actually OP did not touch him at all.The only thing that happend is that this "clean" SR S driver did move against OP in order to keep his position.Got rewared in the end with that and a "clean" race rating.

He was definitely pissed about that pass, but he was smart about it. Not hitting hard enough to get a penalty, just enough to slow momentum. Not even sure how the system could recognize that as it happens all the time accidentally without the need for a penalty.

I had someone like this last night, brake checking me last lap last few corners so I couldn't pass, repeatedly and randomly slamming on while I was just slip streaming, he was all over the place finish straight too to not let me past.

Fair to say I made him target #1 next race, ran him off, he got me back, then he went off and crashed, I drove passed with the smuggest virtual face imaginable, then he quit, I win.

I had someone like this last night, brake checking me last lap last few corners so I couldn't pass, repeatedly and randomly slamming on while I was just slip streaming, he was all over the place finish straight too to not let me past.

Fair to say I made him target #1 next race, ran him off, he got me back, then he went off and crashed, I drove passed with the smuggest virtual face imaginable, then he quit, I win.

Lol, two wrongs do not make a right.

I had someone like this last night, brake checking me last lap last corner so I couldn't pass. (didn't exactly expect it, so I was right behind him, boom, etc).

Lobby rating?Are you guys SR A/S or lower?

Lobby rating?Are you guys SR A/S or lower?
Not sure on the Lobby rating.

Been S for 99% of the time on the game (and it was S at the time), had an epicly bad race at Bathurst last night which dropped it, crashfest. I then got it back to A pretty quickly, will be S before long.

I'm not going to avoid wrecking a guy thats just out to wreck me, if that's what you're alluding too with the bold text. I ran a clean 1 stop race when he and a few others tried a 0 stop race, I was catching nicely on fresh tyres, 5th to 2nd in 2 laps, for him to play dirty last lap.

Following race I saw him (from the mirror, was in 1st) doing all the same dirty driving I'd expect, no respect for others, contact everywhere, it didn't make sense, he was pretty quick!
So gloves were off lol

Clean as a whistle with everyone else

Last edited:
Following race I saw him (from the mirror, was in 1st) doing all the same dirty driving I'd expect, no respect for others, contact everywhere, it didn't make sense, he was pretty quick!
So gloves were off lol

It does make sense actually.He was quick hotlapping so in order to do that,was eliminating others around him.

He was definitely pissed about that pass, but he was smart about it. Not hitting hard enough to get a penalty, just enough to slow momentum. Not even sure how the system could recognize that as it happens all the time accidentally without the need for a penalty.
You can't tell me that the game can't recognize two cars alone on the track, racing to the finish line, and one is trying to put the other into a wall.

I think your point is that "when the system does not do its job,we have to do it ourselves".
Perhaps, think the penalties were set to off to be honest. It's worth noting this was just Lobby, I wouldn't want to harm my SR rating by doing anything like this in Sport. I'd hope the other guy would think the same and the whole thing could of been avoided (and I then would of won race 1 ;) )

Perhaps, think the penalties were set to off to be honest. It's worth noting this was just Lobby, I wouldn't want to harm my SR rating by doing anything like this in Sport. I'd hope the other guy would think the same and the whole thing could of been avoided (and I then would of won race 1 ;) )

IMO it does not matter if its a custom lobby or not.
People are either clean or not.And even if those moves does not harm SR ratings in "user lobbies" the penalty system should work as it should (unless there was no penalty option in the first place and you people were free to play demolution derdy in a "legit" way")

You can't tell me that the game can't recognize two cars alone on the track, racing to the finish line, and one is trying to put the other into a wall.

It probably should be able to but it doesn't. Whilst most are not as extreme as the video in the original post, forcing a car off track, or into the wall in this case, seems to be getting more common so they must be getting away with it. It's not like you can do anything about it either, you either go off/hit the wall (and get a penalty as well) or back off and let them past and they repeat the move on the next guy. Sad thing is I'm seeing this from really fast guys too, they get alongside and start pushing you out so they can take the line they want too even when they have basically got the move done anyway.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how aggrieved you feel, or who you direct your dirty driving towards, trying to wreck people isn't driving clean.

I have to agree with that.Either way, @GTWelsh OP is talking about an Sport race and not a user lobby.
(with SRS rating drivers)

It probably should be able to but it doesn't. Whilst most are not as extreme as the Op, forcing a car off track, or into the wall in this case,.

But OP did not do that mate.Check the video again.

Sad thing is I'm seeing this from really fast guys too, they get alongside and start pushing you out so they can take the line they want too even when they have basically got the move done anyway.

Being "fast" or "slow" does not make people "clean" or "dirty".One has nothing to do with the other.

Except that is not how programming works. They will never put a million lines of code to account for every single possible situation. There will be if then else tables to cover general occurrences. Maybe I worded that wrong, the system could theoretically account for this, I just don't think the PS4 could handle it if they did and maintain graphical fidelity with a reasonable framerate.

From what I can gather it can't differentiate between the car inside and outside like it does on a corner which could lead to all sorts of wrongful penalties and the like. So basically unless its a much harder bit of contact or track limits it struggles to recognize any fair contact and punting/blocking etc. (just side by side I mean).

Last edited:
Back