somebody knows about tt2 ???

• Thread starter stiletto
  • 42 comments
The bigger point being that they will not be even working on bikes for more then a year from now. All in the same game or not, it just isn't in the near future.

Financially speaking, it makes sense for PD to concentrate on the GT franchise, since that's where the money is. But I hope that once they've got GT5 out, there'll be room in the schedule for TT2. With 700 bikes. And 70 tracks including every variation of IoM. And photomode, not just photoride. And a livery editor. And a pony.

i think PD got it spot on with how your control the rider not the bike.

physics wise i cant see anything they need to change.

they would just use the tracks from gt5. (well including isle of man. but if they did make ilse of man. they would need to put as much effort as they did with nur in gt4)

surely it doesn't take that long to model a bike compared to a car.

and i'll like to see some classic europen sports bike and 500cc moto gp bikes!

I think they will finish Gran Turismo 5 first and afterwards they'll start working on TT2.
They've got the tracks, the menu etc. ready by then. Just like they did with TT.
The only thing they'll have to do is modelling the bikes then redefine the physics.

Hi btw! This is my first post here :)

I know for a fact that Polyphony's aim is to feature motorcycles at some point in Gran Turismo, eliminating the need for a Tourist Trophy game.

It looks like this wont happen with GT5, and until it happens, we can only hope seperate TT releases will come along with the GT releases

I know for a fact that Polyphony's aim is to feature motorcycles at some point in Gran Turismo, eliminating the need for a Tourist Trophy game.

How do you know this for a fact?

I would love a TT2 though, the first one was awesome although I think it concentrated to much on race bikes and not street bikes...which I tend to like better.

You really shouldn't make a claim like that unless you have some kind of proof that it actually is a fact. Please have respect for this site only providing credible and trust worthy information.

In the past Kaz has mention the idea of putting bikes into the game but has never said it as fact. Come on, this is PD after all, nothing is a fact until you have it in your hands.

Okay I see your point.

I'm still pretty sure I read somewhere that he said it was their goal to eventually bring the two together.

Okay I see your point.

I'm still pretty sure I read somewhere that he said it was their goal to eventually bring the two together.

It is true that he has mentioned he would like to bring them together. Don't forget that he also mentioned long ago that GT5 would have damage, but that doesn't look likely to happen.

It is true that he has mentioned he would like to bring them together. Don't forget that he also mentioned long ago that GT5 would have damage, but that doesn't look likely to happen.
Well that's one opinion that I am sure is shared by others as well.

However, I suspect others might feel there is about a 75% chance we will see damage in GT5, as Kaz continues to discus his desire to have it, and more manufacturers appear to be loosening their stance on damage for their licensed cars in video games... but there is no doubt the task at hand is not small if GT5 is going to feature far more licensed cars from far more manufacturers than any other game out there, as that means everyone has to agree. I suspect there are a lot of politics involved in all of that.

At the very least, all GT5 really needs is a reasonably accurate "penalty system" to prevent players from getting unrealistic lap times by going off the track, riding the false walls, hitting other cars to help slow them down or turn sharper in a corner, etc.

As for TT being combined into GT5, I would say there is less than a 10% chance in tht happening as that would take a great deal of development which PD would have already had to have started, and so we would likely have already heard about that if it were really going to happen. But again, that's just speculation, as it is with all games, we really won't know until GT5 is released.

As much as PD does offer a lot of info on their upcoming games, like other game developers, it hurts them to release too much info as not only does that allow their competitors to get a jump start on coming up with similar features, but that if a developer reveals everything about a game a year before it comes out, what more is there to "talk" about while gamers eagerly await it's release? :D

Well that's one opinion that I am sure is shared by others as well.

However, I suspect others might feel there is about a 75% chance we will see damage in GT5, as Kaz continues to discus his desire to have it, and more manufacturers appear to be loosening their stance on damage for their licensed cars in video games... but there is no doubt the task at hand is not small if GT5 is going to feature far more licensed cars from far more manufacturers than any other game out there, as that means everyone has to agree. I suspect there are a lot of politics involved in all of that.

Is the current popular theory that the race cars will feature damage but no production cars?

At the very least, all GT5 really needs is a reasonably accurate "penalty system" to prevent players from getting unrealistic lap times by going off the track, riding the false walls, hitting other cars to help slow them down or turn sharper in a corner, etc.

The penalty seconds is a junk system. Let's do something more realistic like a stop and go penalty.

As for TT being combined into GT5, I would say there is less than a 10% chance in tht happening as that would take a great deal of development which PD would have already had to have started, and so we would likely have already heard about that if it were really going to happen. But again, that's just speculation, as it is with all games, we really won't know until GT5 is released.

Originally Posted by IGN then by ME in this thread
So, you're working with Polyphony, which made the motorcycle game Tourist Trophy. Any chance we'll get motorcycles and cars in GT5?
Yamauchi said that as of right now, they can put motorcycles and cars on the same track with the engine back in the office. However, that's not going to happen in a retail game anytime soon. The company wants to focus on Prologue, GT5 and GT for PSP. Beyond that, Yamauchi said he'd be open to taking the GT universe and the Tourist Trophy Universe and creating one game.

Make that a 0% chance.

As much as PD does offer a lot of info on their upcoming games, like other game developers, it hurts them to release too much info as not only does that allow their competitors to get a jump start on coming up with similar features, but that if a developer reveals everything about a game a year before it comes out, what more is there to "talk" about while gamers eagerly await it's release? :D

I like the bombshell idea in that there are things in the game that you never saw coming. I would love it to have damage be a secret and nobody know until they pop it in for the first time. I don't feel like I have to know all about the game before it comes out.

PD does need to keep throwing us a bone every once and a while still.

This isn't what I meant :) I was talking about sometime in the future, beyond GT5. Anywhere from GT6 to GT Infinity.

Oh, and about that damage thing. (And this time I'm going to do it right):

Things such as change of weather, tuning, damage... Those are all on our roadmap, and we hope to provide those as system updates, after the core bit is released, with the system updates maybe even including new cars and new tracks, but we want to make sure, that our backbone is very strong first.
- http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24100.html

So probably not in the release, but hopefully as updates. We'll see.

Back