Someone explain Aston Martin to me

  • Thread starter Thread starter fxscreamer
  • 64 comments
  • 3,913 views
Corvettes were about to lose Le Mans
but i was so relieved when i saw the leading DBR9 go down in the final hour i think
they tor down the straights
 
Well, I didn´t grow up in late 60´s , early 70´s, but I tend to think cars made in that era are very beautiful. And I also tend to dislike cars from the early and mid 80´s, wich is when I grew up. For example, I think the Countach is one hideous car! The straight lines, boxshapes and sharp angles of that era is not very aesthetic at all. But eye of the beholder and all...

I like older and newer cars as well but i tend to like the slightly boxy shapes of the 80s and 90s.

I don't understand it. They have Group C cars from Jaguar, Mercedes, Toyota, Nissan and Mazda, but no Aston Martin? (especially since, unlike Porsche, there are other Astons in GT4...)

There were several other cars that arent in the game. The lancia LC2 comes to mind... as do others like the nissan 88m, the toyota 88c, the sauber c8, the mazda 757 and 767, not to mention the porshe 962c... and these were just cars from the 88 lemans 24 hour... there are so many more older/newer cars that arent in the game that should be!
 
SlipZtrEm
The V8 Vantage in the game is based on the old Virage, using a supercharged Chevy V8.



not quite, the V8 vantage had its own chassis and suspension over the virage even though the dimensions were very similar. also the vantage used a handbuilt twin supercharged V8 not a chevy V8. they did however use adapted chevy manual gearboxes. for the v600 model the gearbox lost a gear taking it down to a 5-speed as aston felt that the theoreticle top speed of 320mph provided by the 6 speed box was unlikely to be used.

the vantage also had upgraded brakes over the virage, engineers worked out that going from 200mph to rest the vantages massive brakes dissapated enough energy to heat the average flat for 2 weeks.
 
Back