Sonoma, California - FIA World Touring Car?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 12 comments
A few friends and I are thinking about roadtripping up there to see the race. We'll have to see because it isn't really far away but we're going to have to rent a big enough car and such. It does spike our interest though.

Same, it's a squeeze if you're above 5'5". We just rent a Flex Fuel SUV of some sort to keep the mileage low on our personal cars. They're terrible in every way imaginable besides space and leg room but it's fine. Let me talk to my friends and see if they want to go roadtripping again.

Cool. I figure it'll cost me around $400-500 to make the trip myself. (Round trip)

Breakdown:

• General Admission: $49 (weekend)
  • Garage Pass: $15 (weekend)
  • Fuel: $200-ish
  • Food: $50-ish
  • Camping: $90 (F, Sa, Su)

I may come down from about 100 miles north. So not sure how that would help anyone in carpooling, but I'd be willing to split the costs of a campsite and/or meet up with you guys.

Do they have support races? If so, what are they?

Last edited:
I'm going to try to cover this event, if my editor can get me a media pass. I'm only about two hours away, though, and I'll be staying in a hotel, since aside from comfort I need a place to set up a computer and a secure place to leave it. I'd be down to meet up with people or something, though.

GTMail, I would bet that if you book it at the right time, which would probably be right about now, you could get tickets on Southwest for less than the gas would cost to drive to Sonoma.

Not going to happen for me, unfortunately. At the moment waiting on the release of the V8 Supercars date in Austin so I can start saving for the trip...

Yeah I haven't decided if I'm driving or flying. Will have to do some research when the time gets closer. I'm hoping my connections with Nissan will pay off and I can get a garage pass or special access for the event, since Nissan will be competing next year.

Back