Sonoma Raceway (aka Sears Point, Infineon Raceway)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 51 comments

EDK

WRS Admin
United States
Boise, ID
GTP_EDK
  • A 2.5 Mile Road Course in Northern California (USA), opened in 1967, nearly 60 years ago.
  • One of the most historic road racing circuits in the world.
  • Host to one of two road course events on the NASCAR Sprint Cup calendar.
  • Also hosts events from IndyCar, NHRA Drag Racing, and FIA World Touring Car Championships.
  • Featured on GT4 as "Infineon Raceway".
  • Track Website Link
  • Wiki Link
Road Course Carousel (Sports Car) Layout
800px-Infineon_%28Sears_Point%29_with_emphasis_on_Long_track.svg[1].png

Road Course Chute (NASCAR) Layout

800px-Infineon_%28Sears_Point%29_with_emphasis_on_NASCAR_track.svg[1].png

My problem with Sonoma is its versions... NASCAR version and full LMP version are a must but what do you do with the Indycar/bike version and the extended Indycar/Bike version? Also, I think it has to do with rights and maybe we will never see it again, sadly

PS : if you add it, please make the setting properly, I've never seen a piece of grass in Sonoma!

Anybody but me miss this big, beautiful bastard? Sears Point has to be one of my favorite courses in any racing game I've ever played. Such a great rhythm and flow to it - fun to get into the groove here. Hard to master, but very rewarding. Running a track day here is definitely on my bucket list.

Vote up!

hrdp-1304-01%2Broddin-at-random-inside-sonoma-raceway%2Bcourse-overview.jpg

Dammit. I searched for ALL of those terms, individually and together, and no threads came up. Sorry.

I was madly in love with this track when GT4 came out. I enjoy time trieling or hot laping wich ever you wana call it. When I was play GT4 I was on this track. This one is number 1 at the top of my wish list, if it comes to GT6 I think my head will explode!.

Anybody but me miss this big, beautiful bastard? Sears Point has to be one of my favorite courses in any racing game I've ever played. Such a great rhythm and flow to it - fun to get into the groove here. Hard to master, but very rewarding. Running a track day here is definitely on my bucket list.

Vote up!

EDK
  • A 2.5 Mile Road Course in Northern California (USA), opened in 1967, nearly 60 years ago.
  • One of the most historic road racing circuits in the world.
  • Host to one of two road course events on the NASCAR Sprint Cup calendar.
  • Also hosts events from IndyCar, NHRA Drag Racing, and FIA World Touring Car Championships.
  • Featured on GT4 as "Infineon Raceway".
  • Track Website Link
  • Wiki Link
Road Course Carousel (Sports Car) Layout
View attachment 102287

Road Course Chute (NASCAR) Layout

View attachment 102293

Vote up!

My alltime favorite, want so badly.

infineon-576-photo-357518-s-original.jpg

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK: http://bcove.me/1cucwt0p

Besides being upstaged by I-racing, GT6/7 needs this track to get players into driving challenging road courses.
I remember it being in GT4 (?) and I wonder why PD ever removed it. I would love to see it updated.
It has everything that GT players have been asking for: FIA course, NASCAR and a drag strip.
PD could kill several birds with on well placed redesigned stone. And yes, weather and 24 hour time please.
A REAL NO BRAINER:idea: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=C431F039DCD33D997B6DC431F039DCD33D997B6D

Attachments

• infineon-576-photo-357518-s-original.jpg
    infineon-576-photo-357518-s-original.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
-> Why not include the Drag Stip too!? On which was never featured in GT, but was in Forza. ;)

NHRA Strip
SonomaDragStrip.png

-> Here are the variations that were featured in GT4 and TT:

SCCA Circuit
dkO7rXKmaDfkfHrM7cxBRZaUCetxbVP5GbLS9Zjj2gk=w165-h168-no

NASCAR Course
infineon_stockcar_165x168.gif

AMA Superbike Course
infineon_bike_165x168.gif

^ Sorry if I have to repost these track layouts.

:)

-> Why not include the Drag Stip too!? On which was never featured in GT, but was in Forza. ;)

NHRA Strip
SonomaDragStrip.png

-> Here are the variations that were featured in GT4 and TT:

SCCA Circuit
dkO7rXKmaDfkfHrM7cxBRZaUCetxbVP5GbLS9Zjj2gk=w165-h168-no

NASCAR Course
infineon_stockcar_165x168.gif

AMA Superbike Course
infineon_bike_165x168.gif

^ Sorry if I have to repost these track layouts.

:)
Scca layout was in GT4, dont remember It? AMA layout is sick, me want!

^ I know the SCCA & NASCAR was on GT4, did you look at the pic itself? lol :D

-> Based on my experience on Forza 4, I would think the AMA variation was featured.

Seems I've made the mistake of not occasionally replying to this to keep it closer to the front page. :sly:

Well after attending the Indy race last Sunday, I now want Sears Point back. It's been a few GT's now and I think PD should try to get the license for it. And like a few of you here, it's a toss up for me between Laguna and Sears as I live kinda in the middle of both. lol I love driving on Laguna more than Sears.

I ran a track day in my Challenger at this track over the last weekend. Some fast laps here, the first 3 are, anyhow. I made a mistake and shifted forward one lap from where I intended, so have a yellow flag lap in there.

Fast laps here are in the 2:02.5 range.

Good memories from this track back in GT4 , i wonder why it wasn't brought back ...

Don't forget the god awful lap in a Chrysler PT Cruiser! I hated that car but Infenion Stock Car Course was my favourite for hot lapping on GT4

Back