Sonoma Raceway

Sonoma Raceway 2.0

• Thread starter motzkopf
  • 1 comments
United States
Elkins Park, PA
GTP_MotzMan, MotzMan
motzkopf submitted a new resource:

Sonoma Raceway - !!Work in Progress !! Attempt to capture the elevation of Sonoma Raceway

That darn 600m front straight makes Sonoma Raceway impossible by any stretch of the imagination, so I've set out to try and get as much of the experience of the elevation changes as possible.

I went to Skip Barber school at Sonoma Raceway, so I have first-hand knowledge of the track. I think I've done a pretty good job finding the elevation for turns 1 to 7 except for a couple of sever drops before and after turn 3 (catching air). I'll have to tweak the angles and positions of the turn...

Read more about this resource...

motzkopf updated Sonoma Raceway with a new update entry:

Drivable Version

So after looking for a better location, I couldn't find one, so I massaged the track into place to mimic as much of Sonoma's elevation, which is pretty good up to turn 7. The back half of the track is a compromise to deal with the rolling terrain and the too long front straight. Turn 1 to 2 is a little off, but again I had to make adjustments to avoid drastic drop offs. Even though a true version is not really possible, this version captures some of the best parts of the track, especially...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Back