• 15 comments

Venari

GTPEDIA Contributor
Premium
England
Banbaria.
GTP_Venari
Venari submitted a new resource:

Sonoma / Sears Point /Infineon - WITH HILLS - Nailed the contours - they really work IMO!

I didn't hold out much hope for this as I laid it down, but by crikey, it's a corker.

For those bored of flat Sears Point traces, here's a constructed track on the Eifel hillside with much of the character of the original bursting through.

It's 11.5m wide, so you can race a few things on it. I tested it with NASCARs and they're hairy, but they always are! It's a great fast sportscar/supercar or GT500 track, just as hairy as the GT4 version.

Have fun!

As with all tracks I will upload...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for the quick reply but unfortunately no joy with the link. When I next get on PSN I'll send you a FR (from Mojo_6449).

I just sent you a FR so you can accept and get it as soon as you're on.

Bizarre. @daan @Famine : just FYI. I'm sure it's nothing GTP can do, but it's a bit annoying all the same. I wonder if it's a logged into PSN / GT6 thing?

Bizarre. @daan @Famine : just FYI. I'm sure it's nothing GTP can do, but it's a bit annoying all the same. I wonder if it's a logged into PSN / GT6 thing?

Thanks - FYI the error code I was getting was a 601 whatever that might be.

Anyway, I got it downloaded from your page now - thanks for your efforts and help.

Last edited:

Can you check this setting in GT6? Go into Community, and then move the cursor to the upper-right of the screen, to the "Public Profile Settings" with the blue cog. In there go down a few blocks to "Messaging with Non-Friends" and see if that is checked. I'm not sure this is the problem, but just maybe...

EDIT: The same settings area can be accessed via a web browser as well. Also would be interested whether the setting "My Page Visibility" is checked or not, as well.

Last edited:
Can you check this setting in GT6? Go into Community, and then move the cursor to the upper-right of the screen, to the "Public Profile Settings" with the blue cog. In there go down a few blocks to "Messaging with Non-Friends" and see if that is checked. I'm not sure this is the problem, but just maybe...

EDIT: The same settings area can be accessed via a web browser as well. Also would be interested whether the setting "My Page Visibility" is checked or not, as well.

Excellent! The latter one (page visibility) was unchecked. Changed - we'll see how that goes. Thank you!

It was well worth the wait 👍 I'll post a rating shortly and upload a race video for you, probably tomorrow night.

Why thank you. I've had some suggestions already which I might look into so there may be an alternate version of the track - mostly the same. Not the stock car course though. Boring. :D Maybe if you all ask nicely.

OK as promised here is a video of my first race against the AI on this wonderful track. Huge fun was had and it delivered some really good racing moments. I apologize for the lack of cockpit cam but this car (which I just won on the recent seasonal) only has a simplified layout which looks horrible in videos, so I went with the bonnet cam for the race.

The replay does contain a full lap in cockpit view which shows how tricky the circuit can be with its blind entries and crests. Enjoy, and thanks again @Venari for a great driving experience 👍 :)

I have driven this track with my two favorite cars. The first is a 99 MR-S tuned to replicate my real life 2ZZ swapped MR2 Spyder. I found that car to be pretty twitchy on the track where on other tracks it feels rock solid. I only ran it once so I am not sure what the problem is or whether it is the chassis tune. The second car is the Autobacs MR-S which I drive a lot. It is stock horsepower but has my chassis tune and Sports hard tires. I ran it on Arcade mode against a field of GT300 cars. It might have been the most fun I have ever had single player. There are two tough areas that you have to be careful of. One is at the crest of a hill after the Ss and another is just before downhill onto the straight. I have never been to Sonoma so I do not know if the elevation changes are realistic but your track is a whole lot of fun!

Why thank you guys! That video is very cool.

There is an update coming soon which changes the character of two of the bends a little, but I will leave the original intact also... and also adds the Stock Car circuit version.

@RampageRacing , funny you should mention the 2ZZ swap car, I have two similar cars because a friend is doing the real swap and the car is about to be finished off ready to MOT (smog/roadworthiness test) and drive!

After much thought I reckon the first iteration is more enjoyable. Not that the subsequent altered ones are too shabby, not a bit of it, they are still excellent tracks.

I think that on the new longer version the calming of that final turn makes it a little less "heart in mouth" :eek:

For others who have yet to drive them, my suggestion would still be to have a go on all of them and pick your own winner.

Back