Sony Apologizes for PlayStation 5 Pre-Order Mess, More Consoles Coming Soon

Well it was a mess :lol: Sony must have green lit the retailers to release the preorders literally right after the show. But they have owned up to this lapse in judgement and that's fair enough.

I wonder how will this affect availability of consoles in shops on November 12/19. Where are they going to get all those consoles for the second preorder? Are they just going to speed up the manufacturer process? Not that I worry. Won't buy it this year anyway.

I'm keeping eye on Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart (Where it all started)
Hopefully it will be a quick restock and away I go and get it pre-ordered.

Personally I dont get what all the crying is about. I dont see how my chances of getting a preorder were any greater had things been done differently.

It's about appearance. Those that didn't know find out about the pre-orders starting earlier feel that they didn't get a chance.

It's about appearance. Those that didn't know find out about the pre-orders starting earlier feel that they didn't get a chance.
I was one of them, I should have known better though. However people should take respite in the fact that they may just find a better deal a month or two later and/or wint be a potential Guinea pig to discover issues with the first batch of consoles.

I'll wait a year until I get one, if there's not enough decent software titles it becomes nothing more than a overhyped system way to stream Netflix with.
Good for you. You have plenty patience.

Personally I dont get what all the crying is about. I dont see how my chances of getting a preorder were any greater had things been done differently.

Its just the need to generate clickbait articles and a bit of drama. The only thing that Sony possibly did wrong is that they did not enforce retailers from opening pre orders at a specifc date/time. the scalpers will always try it on but I think they're going to get messed about - I saw an ebay auction for a pre order that had got to £51k - thats just people screwing around.

I don't really see the need to rush in to buying one, going to wait for GT7 probably.

Well at least Sony acknowledged the pre-order situation, I wasn't aware of the term "scalpers" until this pre-order issue so I guess I learnt something.

I happily got my official email confirmation of my order from Game UK on the Friday evening so I read that my day 1 reservation is now confirmed so now I just have to get my new TV and external disc drive and I am sorted for launch day!

I'm kinda happy that GT7 won't be a launch game so I don't have to be in this mess. So far there's no next gen title that could act as a system seller for me. It took three years and Uncharted 4 for me to buy a PS4, so who knows when I'm gonna get a PS5. At this point only perfect backwards compatibility to PS4 games could make me buy in on launch day, perfect in the sense that it completely eliminates load times for PS4 games as well. But that's probably not going to be the case.

I could have had a disk version from Very (UK) but I turned it down to try and find a digital edition... I :censored:ing hate hindsight!

Kinda glad though as I'm still hoping to bag a digital edition.

Of course I got a nice email this morning from Target saying I can pre-order an XBOX which I'm not interested in. I wish I got the same notification for PS5.

Wish the coming days would been more helpful.
Looking at 3 different ones and now another one for it and yet still no mention it was happening yet.

Edit:
Rumor has it that Gamestop will be doing a special pre-order in store only for PS5 with the catch being that it will be released a week later.

Last edited:
Over the next few days, or next few weeks? I've been checking a few retailers online and nada.

Jerome

Back