Sony Denies "Mistake" October Launch Date for PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, May 12, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2020
  2. Castrol96

Castrol96

So have they ditched that classic gold diamond logo from PS1 era for a dull and boring one... Ripping of avengers intro.

Lord Protector likes this.
  3. Famine

Famine Administrator

No. They're logos for different things.
    As you'll spot in the article, the ident is from the PlayStation Network Marvel Comics TV series "Powers", from 2015. Observe:

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    TheCrazySwede likes this.
  4. Castrol96

Castrol96

Ok

5. Jay84

Jay84

Yeah Sony launch your console in the middle of pandemic where nobody has money. Good idea.

OnyxMoneytron likes this.
  6. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

I'm still working 46 hours a week. The whole world hasn't stopped working.

Quattro20v and Rickrmtskingdom like this.
  7. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

Except Sony PlayStation started making intros like this before Marvel, so if anyone is ripping off of anyone, it's Marvel ripping off PlayStation

That logo was shown off in April, 2016. The Marvel logo was first shown in July of the same year.

8. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

But you can recognize that you're in the minority right? More people are stuck at home or working from home than not.

9. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

You have food on your table? That hospital getting built.Gas getting delivered. I'm the minority as well as thousands of others that are keeping this country going and are essential workers. Working from home is still getting paid. I haven't received a damn cent from the government. I'm at work every day delivering steel so the economy keeps somewhat going. As essential workers,nurses,doctors,PSW,grocery clerks,truck drivers,etc,we are doing our job to feed,build and save peoples lives.
    Your welcome.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    kilesa4568 likes this.
  10. Jawehawk

Jawehawk Premium

You should wear a cape when going to work so people can see how heroic you are.

HarVee and DesertPenguin like this.
  11. Famine

Famine Administrator

The version without the characters in it is a year earlier too. I'm actually amazed how many outlets have covered this story and commented on the Marvel-a-like ident, and how few have noted it's a repurposed version of the PS Originals ident from Powers.

TheCrazySwede likes this.
  12. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Seriously. I wasn't not thanking anyone for doing what they do. That has nothing to do with this at all actually

13. killerjimbag

killerjimbag

Yes I dress up every morning.

14. davidt33

davidt33

Actually sales of sim equipment (eg: Fanatec) have gone through the roof during the imposed lockdown/pandemic period (with more people being home) so much so they can't keep up with demand. That being so with lots of people looking forward with baited breath for the eventual release of the new-gen PS5 with all the bells and whistles I highly doubt Sony will suffer from sales following launch.

15. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Not that I agree with what he posted, but those on unemployment due to furloughs and lay-offs are likely making more than the were when they were actually working.

Either way though, the smart ones would be holding on to that extra money for emergencies.

16. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

I'm unemployed and my work like many others isn't giving unemployment because it was my/our decision to not work during this. I'm not making any money and haven't for three months.

Thanks for noticing us. /s

Plus, you just assume unemployment is actually working properly. There are so many cases of people not getting their money yet and rumors that the unemployment fund is running out. It's not a get out of jail free card for everybody

17. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

Quote me next time please.

That's why I specifically mentioned those unemployed, on unemployment. I'm also not assuming anything, I'm going off what I know from the people I know that are on it. I'm also aware that there's issues as well, and delays - however, rumors are rumors and hold nothing substantial. You're grasping for things I didn't say, where did I say it was a get out of jail free card?

I specifically said those on unemployment are likely making more than when they were working. Hell, I wasn't even disagreeing with you for the most part.

DesertPenguin likes this.
  18. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

On the other hand, a lot of people are staying home, so it's not the worst time to release a console.