Soundtrack is absolutely wonderful

• Thread starter ChevapBH
  • 96 comments
It's a good sound track that will cover a variety of tastes but my god there are a couple of tracks that are really really annoying that go on forever. This was the case in the last 2 games too. A skip track button would be good rather that just a custom playlist.

The race soundtrack is mostly terrible other than Daiki Kasho.

Hopefully like in GT6 we can choose which tracks to use for Race, replay, and menu BGM

Also, such a bummer that PS4 won't let us store music on the hard drive so now we can't create our own custom GT Sport soundtracks like we could in GT6. I used to always have tool's lateralus and 10,000 days as my menu music in GT6, and Daiki Kasho as the race and replay music.

I only have music on in the background of the editor and menus, turn it off for racing

I actually have been too after hearing how beautiful the cars sound now. Especially from cockpit view. So sweet. Also love the chassis sound effects. Going down the hill after turn 1 at brands hatch is a perfect example.

Also, such a bummer that PS4 won't let us store music on the hard drive so now we can't create our own custom GT Sport soundtracks like we could in GT6.
So much this. ^

I was shocked when I got my PS4 last year and noticed how restricted it is regarding music and other things. I loved that I could have my own tracklist of songs in GT6 with the PS3's easy-to-use options. I had about 3,000 mostly rock and metal songs set to shuffle and on a continuing loop. Never during races though.

EA Sports also used to let you set your own BGM in their NHL games (which I'm a fan of) starting already with NHL '11 I think.

GT Sport's OST is indeed a good one. For me personally though, after I heard each song for the third time or more I turned the music volume down and played stuff from my PC instead. There were only so many times I wanted to hear those repetitive choruses of "muuurder... muuuurder.." and "I like London.. in the rain...".

I listen to all kinds of genres and I do dig the lounge/café type of OST that Sport provides. But it gets tedious after a while.

This song in particular is 10/10

What a tune! I just wish I could get rid of those terrible Daiki Kasho songs and add in my early 90's rave stuff, but we all know that PS4 absolutely will not allow custom soundtracks... would love to have an option to stream off of soundcloud or spotify in the background though.

Am I the only one who turns in-race music completely off? I find if very distracting during the race.
IMO The most annoying sound to hear when focussing on a video game is street noise from outside the house. Like cars, scooters, motorcycles, in my city it's like really "cool" if you have a very loud exhaust, and then people blasting the horn for no good reason, music from the neighbors or from vehicles driving by, people always yelling to eachother at both ends of the street.
So hateful imo, music while gaming helps me to isolate from those noises and I actually can focus better with some music playing in the background, as long as it sounds good. If I don't like a game's in-game music, I turn it off and play my own music from the USB stick in my PS4.

IMO The most annoying sound to hear when focussing on a video game is street noise from outside the house.
pm-3_01_400x.jpg

I agree with the soundtrack, until you get to the lobby part of it. Now it feels like a giant meme every time I do a new livery. That song with the women saying "doooo doooo doo doo! dododododododo!" is just pure cringe now.

Yes, the soundtrack is amazing. I like the Juno Reactor songs in particular.

I noticed that there's no way to access the soundtrack in the demo. I hope this won't be the case in the full game.

Yes, the soundtrack is amazing. I like the Juno Reactor songs in particular.

I noticed that there's no way to access the soundtrack in the demo. I hope this won't be the case in the full game.
You could, but you couldn't really do anything other than choose which song to listen to in the specific menu.

You could, but you couldn't really do anything other than choose which song to listen to in the specific menu.
I was trying to find a whole list of songs, a la GT6, but I didn't find anything. How did you choose songs?

I was trying to find a whole list of songs, a la GT6, but I didn't find anything. How did you choose songs?
If my memory serves me right, you click on the GT logo on the main menu, click settings, and there should be something for music. I'm not 100% sure, all I know was I could select a daiki kasho song, leave the list of songs, but it wouldn't keep playing, and it was fixed to lounge music.

Don't get me wrong, some of the lounge songs are nice, but it needs a mixture of GT5/6 added as well. I fell in love with a majority of GT5's lounge music and a couple of GT6 songs.

Lenny Ibizarre has some absolutely amazing songs in there, heck that entire menu music soundtrack from all the artists is absolutely out of this world - 10/10 and never seen before!!!

Ironically, as much as I adore the menu music, equally as much do I dislike the disturbing fast tempo racing music. But that hardly matters since I never race with music on anyway and it can be turned off easily.

Quickly checked some YouTube videos and here are my 5 favorite ones, absolutely amazing music and just perfect for menu / scapes / livery editor background music.

I also dance kizomba in real live, some of those songs would be amazing to dance on if they would have a kizomba beat added. :)

Back