South Park

  • Thread starter Thread starter Belda_Da_Hun
  • 67 comments
  • 3,520 views

How funny do you find South Park?

  • Extremely Funny

    Votes: 45 46.9%
  • Funny most the time

    Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Funny at times

    Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I don't watch this show

    Votes: 8 8.3%
  • I hate this show.

    Votes: 3 3.1%

  • Total voters
    96
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
In order:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Futurama
South Park
I agree as well.

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
"Guy's, Guy's,... I totally ripped this dude off. He told me I could have all the sea men I wanted, and all I had to do was close my eyes and suck it through a hose!"
Yes! That was hilarious. "Close your eyes and suck it out of a hose, huh?" :lol:

Originally posted by Attila_Da_Hun
the detectives one was funny
That "Crimestoppers" one was hilarious, too. Wasn't that when Butters was trying to give a semen sample? :lol::lol::lol:
 
its my FAVORITE show other than yuyu hakusho. i laugh all the time! i nearly fall outta my chair when i watch the movie again and again. i think trey parker and matt stone did a really good job on it. theyre like....genius...

"No kitty! these are my hot louisiana baked chicken tenders!" Meow "No kitty! thats a bad kitty!"
:lol:
 

Attachments

  • hey.jpg
    hey.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 55
I love this show, funny to think they are only in elementary school.
 
Way to bring back an old thread. What's with the dumbass random pictures?
 
I dunno. I'm glad Friends is finished for good.

I actually saw an episode of South Park for the first time in years a few weeks back...Crab People...Crab People...Crab People...Crab People...
 
I lost touch for it after a couple of friends and me sat down to watch the first season DVD, it got a chuckle or two out of me, but by the third episode I was quite bored.
 
It now comes on after the Simpsons weekday nights on The Comedy Network, so with nothing better to do, I watch it.

"I have never in my life done anything just for the money."
 
The new season of South Park started today. Making fun of how parents reacted to the Janet Jackson boobie thing, but never react to violence.

Butters "Ouch, my eye!" :lol:
 
It's funny, but only in small doses. I tend to keep hanging if I stumble over it, but I never seek it.
 
Would anybody be interested in a South Park quiz thread?

I'd like to do it, but I don't know if enough people watch the show to make it worth it.
 
I really like the new Simpsons and the old ones are still good too. Then Sponge Bob, Family Guy, American Dad seems redunant or not funny and South park is just bad.
 
I don't watch it that much. I'll catch an episode every once in a while.
 
Max Powers
Would anybody be interested in a South Park quiz thread?

I'd like to do it, but I don't know if enough people watch the show to make it worth it.

Screw you guys! I'm goin' home...

Knock yourself out. Should be quite funny, if you can slice round the rudies :D


VipFREAK - Boy are you missing out. The South Park movie contrives to be one of the funniest films evAr, as well has having a real message in there too.
 
I've seen some South Park and seems harsh or unnessary instead of funny while say the Simpsons sometimes say the same message but they are funny not so harsh... hope that makes some sort of sense because I can't talk it's really early, I can't think, and I'm trying to get this damn hw finished. :irked:
 
The movie is awesome.

Cartman's line to Mr. Garrison is classic!
 
Famine
The South Park movie contrives to be one of the funniest films evAr, as well has having a real message in there too.


What - that 'relationships' with ones uncle is a thing of much mirth?
 
TheCracker
What - that 'relationships' with ones uncle is a thing of much mirth?

I'm not a fan of the language used in south park, the show or the movie. However, I have to agree with Famine(this is becoming uncomfortably common :lol: ) The vast majority of them make a really good point. Even about God and the devil. Granted, you have to actually look for it past the vulgarity but it's still there just the same.
 
Swift
I'm not a fan of the language used in south park, the show or the movie. However, I have to agree with Famine(this is becoming uncomfortably common :lol: ) The vast majority of them make a really good point. Even about God and the devil. Granted, you have to actually look for it past the vulgarity but it's still there just the same.


But its the foul language and vulgarity that makes South Park - without it the show wouldn't have made it past being a pilot.
 
God, I love this show, anyone seen the cripple fight episode?
 
TheCracker
But its the foul language and vulgarity that makes South Park - without it the show wouldn't have made it past being a pilot.

That's it's attention getter. But it's not the substance of the show.
 
Swift
That's it's attention getter. But it's not the substance of the show.

Of course it is, it would be like an animated Little House on the Prarie other wise
 
TheCracker
Of course it is, it would be like an animated Little House on the Prarie other wise

You're missing what I'm saying. 9/10 times the show has a moral concept or political statment behind it. Much more so the the huge array of sitcoms about nothing.

Look at the episode where Jesus fights Satan in a boxing match. Jesus looks like a whimp and satan looks like Goliath. So everyone bets on Satan except one person, Satan. So who takes all the money out of the town? Yep, satan. Pretty decent lesson.

Or the one about John Edward being fake, there's a lot of them that have statements like that. The vulgarity gets your attention and makes you laugh, but the laughter opens up the oppurtunity to really show you something you might otherwise completely disregard.
 
Swift
You're missing what I'm saying. 9/10 times the show has a moral concept or political statment behind it. Much more so the the huge array of sitcoms about nothing.

You're right about the morality and politicalness being spot-on, i just don't think it would be very entertaining without the toilet humour.
 
So did anyone see last weeks? Brilliant.

Honestly, the show is great. Anyone who stopped watching after the first season should give it another chance - it's excellent.
 
I just think its a bit repetative. Yes maybe it has moral issues involved every now and again, but these are always squished imbetween lots of toilet humour, the king of stuff that was funny when i was 12 ect
 
Zrow
So did anyone see last weeks? Brilliant.
Was that the flood episode? That had to be one of the funniest in a while.

Stan: They're going to help those people, right Dad?
Stan's Dad: That's not important, son. What's important is who's at fault.
:lol:
 
Swift
You're missing what I'm saying. 9/10 times the show has a moral concept or political statment behind it. Much more so the the huge array of sitcoms about nothing.
How dare you! That "Friends" episode where they all sat around in that coffee house talking about who had more sex the night before: that had more of a message than all of the South Park episodes combined!
Swift
Look at the episode where Jesus fights Satan in a boxing match. Jesus looks like a whimp and satan looks like Goliath. So everyone bets on Satan except one person, Satan. So who takes all the money out of the town? Yep, satan. Pretty decent lesson.
Haha! I guess even Christians have their messages heard in South Park :)

South Park is one of the better shows on TV. They've toned down the foul language and toilet humor since the show started. Definately worth watching.
 
kylehnat
They've toned down the foul language and toilet humor since the show started.
I thought so too but a friend said he thinks it's just that they are bleeping out less stuff now. I did notice everything but the F word seems to slip by now. Maybe I just don't notice because I don't hear bleeps.
 
kylehnat
Haha! I guess even Christians have their messages heard in South Park :)

There are many biblical moral lessons taught in south park. The molestation adventure, Child abduction, Timmah!, Wing, and a host of thers all have strong moral foundations. Now, I guess it's debatable whether they are based in the bible or not, but they certainly can be found in the bible.
 
Back