Southern Sliderz - Australian Drift Team

• Thread starter ben_4224
  • 5,765 comments
@ Heath Eng Rebuild / Chas refresh & Oil is available as soon as you drive the car

*NB doesn't mean it's needed yet

i'e whether you took a brand new car or a 10,000km racecar to a race shop and got them to re seam weld the body or rebuild the engine most likely the work carried out would fit the same bill...

If you do an oil change on a 0km car you will receive i think a 5% boost in HP and will gain some more HP as engine "runs in" (although I think you have to race for this to happen not 100%)

I generally then oil change until I notice max hp drop then do rebuild, chass refresh still not 100% on but def cars go "off" after a point, this becomes noticeable when grinding a track i'e Indy where you can easily get consistent lap times, as they start to go off some sort of work needs to be carried out to regain those seconds lost ;)

Hope this helps

e.g Okm X2010 1453HP Oil Change 1511Hp Drove (at full tilt i'e top speed)1539Hp did oil change just to see now 1556HP ;)

I'm on at the moment, was just re-introducing the Benz to the rev limiter. So I'll be online in less than 3 minutes.

Thanks Kris. I've noticed hp increases with oil changes from new, and the whole run in etc.. but I've never (until now) had to rebuild an engine twice in such a short time. But nonetheless.

ss1rxr.jpg

Southern Sliderz is the Australian Drift Team, we're now recruiting drivers.
Looking for drivers who are Australian and want to join in on practice sessions, pack drifting and some friendly competition:)

If you enjoy driving a veyron backwards around Tsukuba then this probably isn't the place for you:tup:

If you are interested in becoming involved then add your name to the list below. I'd also like to see the car you guys use, so I can put cars to names etc.

Moderators

ben_4224
Stavingo
xCrack_stylez-

Drivers

ben_4224
Stavingo
Dyl-13b
RydeiT
GlazeVZ
xCrack_stylez-
xx666Kris666xx
InGo1441
BEAST260AU
ReDMySTiC

just cracked 15k mark @ 15456pts / 3824th on the Tsukuba Seasonal Event...

been avg'ing 14k for days so stoked, personal best :crazy: 👍

*Infinity G35 06'...might have to treat it to a crazy paint job now...

p.s Still got that spare Falken BP RX7 (S) Drift Car if anyone want's it let me know (*no trade, just gift ;] )

Last edited:
is tempted to setup my mx5 for drift and start the 4hour...

full drift setup 5 laps to start on comforts f.s - r.h, lol time to pit avg 1:20ish laps drifting and was 10sec ahead had off due to rears being gone so pitted 4/5 switched to R.soft
Drift setup ROCKS on racing softs as eliminates all drift and sticks like **** to a blanket.. on lap 19 (+1) now bout 20mins in...avg 59.9-1.00 flat (that's decent right?)...not bad for an 315hp sc mx5 with a drift setup!

tbh I'm truely amazed at how my slippery slidey setup for comforts is turned into a track monster with a set of tyres...

I'm interested to see now what a "race" (dirty word I know) tune in it would pull around skooba 💡

Last edited:
A couple of weeks back i was in the original Aussie drifters thread and i mentioned that i was going to get the game soon. I now have the game and tried drifting today for the first time, and all i can say is I'm horrible. I thought it would be somewhat like Forza 3, but to me it's way harder.

I need so tips on how to drift, like what tyres to use, how much power is good, what is a good begineers car and whatever else i need to know. I have the Logitech G25 by the way, and i'm level 35 in the game so money is no problem when it comes to buying a good drifting car.

If i get good at drifting I'd love to join though.

Thanks

Start out with something simple like a S13 to get the hang of things.

Is it ok if a kiwi brother joins? Keen to give you guys a run

fully worked Volvo 240 GLT Estate is a surprisingly good place to start...

Basic = 300Hp

TsukubaCircuit_6-1.jpg

Fun = 450Hp+

TsukubaCircuit_29-1.jpg

Advanced = 700Hp+

TsukubaCircuit_8-1.jpg

basic's though, Tyre's
Front = Comfort Soft
Rear = Comfort Hard

NA generally I drop (more NA grunt) final drive SC / TC I raise it (more on boost wheelspinnie's)

all depends on your drifting "style"
do you like to push it out?
do you like it too just go out itself?
do you like the car tight or skatey?

I have a general "FR" Tsukuba tune, I can sling you if keen but it is near impossible to drive on other tracks ;)

*These are just my opinion's not standard's by any mean's 👍

Kris send over that bp falken if you dont want it :)

Done, if I get through this MX5 4hr before the night is out...

1hr exactly in well 1:00:00.350 to be anal...@57laps 5 pit's(2 because skooba's pit lane is gay)Best lap @ 59:132 and +5 Laps :crazy:

Surprisingly this MX5 / 4HR is flying by...👍

edit: Do you want it as stock from UCD or fully worked / rebuild / refreshed? What tyre's all comfort's or all tyre's?

Does anyone know how to re-asign buttons on the Logitech G25? I went into options and changed the hand brake to the button i want but it wont work, am i doing something wrong?

Done, if I get through this MX5 4hr before the night is out...

1hr exactly in well 1:00:00.350 to be anal...@57laps 5 pit's(2 because skooba's pit lane is gay)Best lap @ 59:132 and +5 Laps :crazy:

Surprisingly this MX5 / 4HR is flying by...👍

edit: Do you want it as stock from UCD or fully worked / rebuild / refreshed? What tyre's all comfort's or all tyre's?

I want to do that race but its so hard to fit in with work and other commitments. When i do it ill do it fully worked and get ahead by a few laps then ill just start drifting because its a timed event lol.

Um dosnt bother me just send the rx7 and ill do it myself. That was my favourite drift car in gt4 :)

Does anyone know how to re-asign buttons on the Logitech G25? I went into options and changed the hand brake to the button i want but it wont work, am i doing something wrong?

Reassign it as the logitech driving force pro. I think its called that anyways

@ 1:50:066 now on 103/104th lap pitstop @ +10 laps, best lap now down to 0:58.684 got to go out for a while...

prob get it down by 8pm syd time tonight and ping it too you, Yeah loved it in GT4 and drift/grinded constantly on autumn Ring in PSP version sick car ;) 👍

still surprising enjoyable two hours in for a ****box MX5...although I can say it's looking worse for wear haha...

Hey guyz had a quick drift in this lobby today been checking it out for a while now been keen to join a club or team but I get bored off doing laps around a track drifting. Do you guys actually do tandem battles or any thing besides lapping Tsukuba I've been joining a few japanese lobby's and we've been running small sections on nurburg at night as a touge it's fun as he'll the only thing is I can't understand them do u guys try anything like that if you do count me in

Hey guyz had a quick drift in this lobby today been checking it out for a while now been keen to join a club or team but I get bored off doing laps around a track drifting. Do you guys actually do tandem battles or any thing besides lapping Tsukuba I've been joining a few japanese lobby's and we've been running small sections on nurburg at night as a touge it's fun as he'll the only thing is I can't understand them do u guys try anything like that if you do count me in

That is a sweet idea 👍 i'm up for it...

I don't mind punting around the nordshliefe in the wet in a drift car...lol makes for a slow lap but damn fun ;)

1.5hr's of MX5 4hr to go, i tell you what, I can drive the ring out of the thing now hehe

Iam totally up for some group aussie drifting. Every time I join and "Drift Only" aussie drift sessions its always so enjoyable, us aussies make good company. :)

PSN: scarecr0w_323 (zero, not a capital o)

Nurburgrind idea sounds good :) if anyone wants to grip race it tougue style im up for that aswell. I havn't really ever had any decent competition on the norschliefe yet.

Kris im doing the laguna seca endurace race now. How much xp did u end up getting for the mx5 race?

Latest Posts

Back