Southern Sliderz - Australian Drift Team

• Thread starter ben_4224
  • 5,765 comments
Nurburgrind idea sounds good :) if anyone wants to grip race it tougue style im up for that aswell. I havn't really ever had any decent competition on the norschliefe yet.

Kris im doing the laguna seca endurace race now. How much xp did u end up getting for the mx5 race?

Grip race? You mean just normal racing right? If so just add me on PSN and i'll race you there.

What kind of HP and weight limit do you like best?

Iam going to be up for a drift session in around 2 hours. If anyone is planning on starting one around then can you add my PSN so I can join in.
Cheers

I run the Nurburg like this all the time you set the time to 2300 hrs u cant use any tyres besides c/h and you will be suprised how challanging it is braking is so crucial as the corner entries are extremely hard to see the japanese usualy get a full room doing this and its so much fun 16 cars running backwards and fowards on the winding sections ill be on later tonight if anyone is interested. Ill join your room and ill run you guys through the best sections feel free to add me my psn id is the same as my name here.

I'll set up a Nurburgring thing in around 20 minutes when my B-spec is finished. Anyone care to join? Add me: AussieStig117

Nurburgrind idea sounds good :) if anyone wants to grip race it tougue style im up for that aswell. I havn't really ever had any decent competition on the norschliefe yet.

Im up for that challange as long as you mean using comfort hard tyres i wont race on anything else on that track its to boring otherwise.

bout 36.5 mins togo of 4 hr

of note

2:45 approx 159 laps = chassis refresh painfully obviously needed - laptimes dropped 2-3secs consistently

3:20 around 180 or 190 = oil or engine work required - laptimes dropped 2-3secs consistently

good fresh car avg 58.5 sec lap bad car i.e now 1:05

also of note even when car is rooted a 59.5 was doable all though it took some seriously fancy footwork and hot corner entry

Last edited:
Oh my God Roadster (MX5) 4hr done...

I may never need to drive that car again...:crazy:

is going for a smoke 👍

@Rydeit RX7 sent ;)

i'm in my lounge on tsukuba, waiting for a mate...add me if your keen, just free run / practice although wouldn't mind attempting some tandem action with someone?

aye. few more days and i should be back on n shiz. hopefully by the weekend i guess.
renovations. so my ps3 is all packed away D:

Hi guys,
I'm still interested in being a part of the Sliders, I put in an expression of interest in the first "aussie drift team" thread so if anyone wants to add me feel free to do so. PSN ID is the same as my name on GTP. Already have InGo1441 and Stavingo in my friends list so I will get a few more of you added and then start having some fun! :)
Still getting the hang of drifting but enjoying it very much and am keen to improve my skills and start sliding around at the same standard as some of you guys! 👍
Online at the moment but Bobs are racing so I'm not able to tear up the track until tomorrow but feel free to add me anyway. Cheers.

Had a Nurburg Nordschlief touge session last night and it went off. Planning on running one again tonight if anyone is interested. Will be posting photos and a quick vid later on some of the action.

i'm on now if anyones up for a slide in my lounge aussie add me come for a hit if your keen 👍

@ Ryde how's your new baby :)

just noticed this from Twitter

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
はい、人生はいつも横向き。フルスロットル。頑張ってきます。
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Japanese to English translation (from google trans)

Yes, life is always sideways. Full throttle. 'll Do my best.

👍 go Kaz dori dori waaah :crazy:

Hey guys! While I'm not perticuarly fussed about joining your Team, I am wondering what sort of power levels you're using on the 370Z, the RUF and the ACR Viper. I have all of these cars for drifting, and they're good, but I know I can make them better! Here's a link to a video of some of my other cars in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMd8AgyJpoQ[/url]

I've got alot of great new cars since I made this video, but you can see a couple of great quality drift cars in it!

Please help a fellow Aussie out! :P Thanks guys.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4421/nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg
nrburgringnordschleifep.jpg

The link is to the full size image.
This is one pic from last night, but i will be uploading the rest after i have lunch. (This is my first time uploading so hopefully it works)

Hey guys! While I'm not perticuarly fussed about joining your Team, I am wondering what sort of power levels you're using on the 370Z, the RUF and the ACR Viper. I have all of these cars for drifting, and they're good, but I know I can make them better! Here's a link to a video of some of my other cars in the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMd8AgyJpoQ[/url]

I've got alot of great new cars since I made this video, but you can see a couple of great quality drift cars in it!

Please help a fellow Aussie out! :P Thanks guys.

Personally I run all mods, comfort F.S R.H, then have a "base" drift tune (susp) I like that I apply then tweak per car (generally only final drive at that point), 90% of time diff is 60,60,45

I tend to run all power possible and then depending on mood drop back to stock susp / diff or used my tune with tune-able parts...

Had some dude in a civic racecar ripping handbraky's in my room this morning trying to convince me he was drifting...LOL

@scarecr0w_323 looks fun, i'll get there soon

Last edited:
Back