Spa 30 Multi-Class EnduranceOpen 

• Thread starter CNSpots1
  • 95 comments

Would you be looking forward to more events of this type being held?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
United States
CNSpots1
Seeing as there is a major lack of good matches to be found on GT6 online. I've decided to remedy the problem with a series of on-the-spot endurance races for drivers of varying skill levels!

The Spa 30 is a Multi-Class endurance event, which, as the name may imply, is 30-laps of the Spa Francorchamps circuit(with time change, for that endurance feel)

The regulations will welcome cars from LMP's to "GTE" cars(This will include Touring Cars, Super GT, GT3 cars, RM's, and personal racecars built from street cars)

REGS
650 horsepower limit
800kg minimum
No Skid Recovery Force
No Active Steering
Minimum of 2 PIT STOPS during the race
Maximum of 2 cars per team

RACE SETTINGS
30 laps
Practice/Qualifying/Race
Heavy Damage
Tire Wear/Fuel Depletion
Real Slipstream
Time Change

What defines a team is two race cars sharing the same livery. For example, two Peugeot 908's in the Team Oreca colors are considered a team, while two Peugeot 908's in the Team Total livery are considered a completely different team. All of this is very simple.

ENTERING
Entering is simple, all you will be required to do is leave your PSN ID and your car of choice for the event in order to reserve yourself a spot. Practice will be held on random weekdays(with a few hours notice before-hand) as to give everyone an idea as to how tight the racing will be. I personally suggest you find a friend and choose a car for how much fun you have driving it, instead of the overall performance.

OTHER
Race date is not currently decided on, this will come shortly.
Dirty driving will not be allowed
By entering, you agree to race in a fair, sportsmanlike manner, and will not intentionally hinder the race.

Any reports of unsportsmanlike behavior will be examined after the race, if the offender is actually guilty, they will be penalized by position depending on the severity of the offense.

Driver Roster
1. CNSpots1(myself) [Team Audi R18 15th Anniversary]
2. iAnderton [Team Audi R18 15th Anniversary]
3. Paoloevans [Lexus SC430 GT500 Base model #86]
4. Razor223(UberTev) [Team BMW Z4 GT3]
5. rousso82(Elrousso) [Team Bentley Speed 8]
6. mingia_boyz_88 [Team Nissan GTR GT3]
7. Wrench_Monkey86 [Team Corvette Z06 RM]
8. dpinho1975(Daniel Pinho) [Team R8 LMS Ultra 12]
9. Stoatie82 [Team Bentley Speed 8]
10. PIP_36 [Team BMW GT2 Base model '11]
11. arsenal69 [Team BMW GT2 Base model '11]
12. MrShortTrack64 [Team Nissan GT-R R35 TC]

Last edited:
paoloevans Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car

I take it I will be in the "GTE" class? :) Once the race date is announced I will confirm. I work Monday to Friday until 6:00 GMT

Time of race may be an issue as I live in UK

paoloevans Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car

I take it I will be in the "GTE" class? :) Once the race date is announced I will confirm. I work Monday to Friday until 6:00 GMT

Time of race may be an issue as I live in UK

No, time shouldn't be an issue, once we are set on who will be racing, I will attempt to figure out a time that is possible for everyone to reach the race at.

Also yes, your Jaguar XJ220 is in our "GTE" class. Would you like to reserve a spot for a friend?

And, iAnderton, I would gladly let you assume the other spot for the R18 Anniversary Edition team.

No, time shouldn't be an issue, once we are set on who will be racing, I will attempt to figure out a time that is possible for everyone to reach the race at.

Also yes, your Jaguar XJ220 is in our "GTE" class. Would you like to reserve a spot for a friend?

Sounds cool :) No that's ok. If anyone else wants to race in the Jag then they can be my team mate! haha

Also do the regs cover both classes? can I tune the Jag to 650bhp?

Last edited:
Sounds cool :) No that's ok. If anyone else wants to race in the Jag then they can be my team mate! haha

Also do the regs cover both classes? can I tune the Jag to 650bhp?
Yes, the regs cover all classes, 650 horsepower I chose as a safe setting because most(if not all) race cars can hit that. Meanwhile Prototypes will usually have like a 200kg advantage over them, which helps separate both classes while keeping them at the same horsepower levels.

Yes, the regs cover all classes, 650 horsepower I chose as a safe setting because most(if not all) race cars can hit that. Meanwhile Prototypes will usually have like a 200kg advantage over them, which helps separate both classes while keeping them at the same horsepower levels.

Ok. Can I use the power limiter to achieve this or is it prohibited? Other wise the best I can get it 605bhp without going over the limit. There is no engine tuning for this car, you can only add turbos!

I'd like to join this race. I live in the U.S. Eastern Time.
PSN: Razor223
Car: Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
(Note: I might consider changing to the Z4 GT3 but for now the SLS GT3 is my choice.)

Ok. Can I use the power limiter to achieve this or is it prohibited? Other wise the best I can get it 605bhp without going over the limit. There is no engine tuning for this car, you can only add turbos!

Power limiter is perfectly fine, it'll actually give you a flatter horsepower curve, but I've not noticed much of a performance boost other than that. Besides, power limiter is necessary to get the Prototypes down to 650 horsepower.

If I don't have a partner how can I find someone else who doesn't have a partner?

Obviously you can find a partner with various methods. Either you can contact one of your friends among GTPlanet who might be interested, or you can check groups you may be part of. Otherwise you can just join, and then maybe someone else will join with the same car as you.

In other news....GT6 online seems to be broken for me(I've cleared the cache too)

So for now, I can't hold any practice sessions.

Attention!

I have gotten a practice session up for GT6(sorry for not having an earlier warning)
I found a temporary fix for the freezing issues.

*EDIT*

Room closed, thank you for participating!

Last edited:
I've added both of you to the roster. Also, thanks for participating in the test session earlier Elrousso! You gave me a mark to push for in my Audi R18 and I think as a result my overall pace during the race will benefit.

hey no problem, I'm up for the next one, hopefully the Bentley will be even better tuned next time ;)

by the way, if anyone is interested in the other spot on the Bentley team, it's open :P

Im new to this but Id like to joing.
Rm Z06 vette. (Black)
PSN Wrench_Monkey86

I can play most nights after 11pm U.S. eastern time.

CNSpots1, you're not gonna like me...

I shaved 2secs off my best lap from yesterday's practice during a personal tuning session today ;)

Looks like you'll have a higher mark to push for during next practice hehe

CNSpots1, you're not gonna like me...

I shaved 2secs off my best lap from yesterday's practice during a personal tuning session today ;)

Looks like you'll have a higher mark to push for during next practice hehe

No way!! I managed to do a stint without hitting the wall :)

Back