Spec IV update?

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 56 comments

Wardy 944

Up all night
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ok, so depending on how you read amar212's post we have either an 8, or 11 month wait for GT5

With that in mind, surely even PD won't make us wait that long without new content, will they :nervous:

My guess is there will be a Spec IV announcement at E3 (it's been 5 months since Spec III)

And then another autumn update to Spec V, which will all lead very nicely into a March 2010 full release 👍

^Or make spec iv big (40+ more cars, 10+ more tracks, Endurance + Rally events please). Release it at E3 november release. Two online updates (one tieing in with spec IV, one inbetween)

-GK

Ok, so depending on how you read amar212's post we have either an 8, or 11 month wait for GT5

With that in mind, surely even PD won't make us wait that long without new content, will they :nervous:

My guess is there will be a Spec IV announcement at E3 (it's been 5 months since Spec III)

And then another autumn update to Spec V, which will all lead very nicely into a March 2010 full release 👍

Honestly I think PD have moved on from Prologue now, its probably all eyes on GT5.

The big updated we wanted never really came, but hey I can get over it.

It would be nice to get a bit more to put us on until GT5 but I can wait.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one more update to Prologue to give us some GT5 features such as a fuller online capability, maybe more. Even then, if GT5 is coming out this year, I wouldn't mind just having Prologue to hold me over. I have so many games besides, I have more than enough to entertain me.

Over 6 months actually (Spec III, October 3rd).

I would'nt be suprised if they gave us something small to chew on but I don't expect anything.

Honestly I think PD have moved on from Prologue now, its probably all eyes on GT5.

Good, a year ago it was like... "GT5? huh?....oh hasn't even entered my mind."

I think Spec IV (if there will ever be one) will be released at the same time as GT5, so the features are more or less the same. Either that, or this is it. ;)

I don't think there will be another GT5P update. I think they are working very hard to release full GT5 as soon as possible.

I don't think there will be another GT5P update. I think they are working very hard to release full GT5 as soon as possible.

I agree.
Also why would they lessen the impact of the full game by giving new features to prologue with the impending release of GT5? They're keeping tight lipped about the full game for a reason; so you'll be blown away by it when you actually get it despite having played prologue...they can't show their hand in advance!

At most I'd say a couple cars, but I don't see a major spec update.

I wonder why they haven't considered DLC?

I'd gladly pay $9.99 or even $19.99 for a nice car + track pack... Maybe like 20-30 more cars and 3-5 more tracks?

Shoehorn in some private rooms and I'd be a happy camper.

Just my two cents! If the release date is next year we might get specIV, and if the release date is this year nothing! And if we do get specIV, we might get a few cars and a couple tracks. Just guessing!

If there is another update I expect it will be a few cars and maybe 1 track (NOT the ring). I'd bet against a physics update or anything big like damage.

I don't think that Prologue will have the same feature set as the full game (for free). I know Kaz said that it would in a CVG interview around April '08 (he said a lot of other things too), but I don't think Sony want this. I think it could detract from sales of the full game.

I think there will be a Spec IV update. I think some new or improved feature will be deployed in Prologue and we'll have a minor content update (i.e. a new intro, track and a small number of cars). PD must be aware of the restless GT fans and I think they'll provide another update to keep their fans happy. I also think Prologue is a great test bed for PD to try out new ideas and perhaps damage or the rumoured track editor might be a good thing to try out even in a restricted / limited form.

I don't think we will get more content and i really don't care if it means we get GT5 sooner.
But i hope they update the online service to the way they are planning it for the GT5.
I'm thinking(or hoping) a few weeks before release they will test run some features on Prologue to see if the online sytem works and to iron out bugs.
Last thing i want is GT5 and a server i can't log onto because it can't handle it.
Nothing more frustrating than waiting for a patch to fix something :)

I have had it with GTA4, COD4 and numerous RTS titles on the PC i don't think i could handle it with GT5 :)

Heh, good one, Tuna.

As for me... I don't think there'll be any more updates to GT5P. My only consolation is to think that they're working full speed to release GT5 in 2009. Oh, would I love to see a new track on GT5P, though... Maybe some Apricot Hill or Trial Mountain; but most of all, private rooms.

My gues, few months before full GT5 release, Prologue will get SPEC IV update for private rooms online just to test out the servers and make it more stable for full game.

I really dont believe there will be ANY update before GT5 release. And the biggest reason for that is how many people continue to play GT5P, cant see PD letting anything new out before release. But I would really like to be wrong.

PD thinks that SPEC III is enough of a preview before full game. I would say they are right.. because its never too good to be spoiled before the game launches.

I really don't believe there will be ANY update before GT5 release. And the biggest reason for that is how many people continue to play GT5P, cant see PD letting anything new out before release. But I would really like to be wrong.

I too,hope you're wrong. I'd love to see another update before GT5. But NoxNoctis Umbra makes a very good point. Maybe they'll take pity on the GT fans and give a little present half way through the wait.;)

I doubt there would be any more releases from them for prologue. Anything they add would take away from GT5 sales, especially private rooms. The only thing I could see them adding is damage so they could test it, but even that I'm sure they would rather wait until full and patch as they go along.

A Spec IV update would be nice, even if it's only a few cars and one track, some different tracks are definitely what we need. However I don't think there will be a Spec IV, so it will be a nice surprise if we get an update.

from a business point of view I dont see any incentive for them in clude more cars or tracks.

but from customer satisfaction point of view, I think private room is a must.

At the Dutch Auto RAI a few weeks ago, a PD representative at the Prologue stand mentioned a Spec IV update, but only for the japanese market. No further details though.

So if the update comes (and that is a big IF) you'll have to get yourself a japanese version, which would increase sales for PD ofcourse. :)

... a Spec IV update, but only for the japanese market.

I can not imagine the raise of protests if something like this should happened.:scared: Also, this move would be very unlikely if the “whisperings” are confirmed that PD is gone put the full game in the starting blocks in the weeks to come (from a marketing/com point of view). If anything happens to Prologue, I suspect it to be worldwide. Depending on their schedule, they could consider adding something appealing enough to assure them some more Prologue sale for the “in-between” period.

Last edited:
I can not imagine the raise of protests if something like this should happened.:scared: Also, this move would be very unlikely if the “whisperings” are confirmed that PD is gone put the full game in the starting blocks in the weeks to come (from a marketing/com point of view). If anything happens to Prologue, I suspect it to be worldwide. Depending on their schedule, they could consider adding something appealing enough to assure them some more Prologue sale for the “in-between” period.
There's a good reason to come out with a limited Spec IV and that is for testing some new features, e.g. private rooms. However, I'm very sceptical about a pending update, because the guy didn't seem very sure of himself. Yes, he did mention Spec IV and that it would only be for the japanese market, but he also said that the update had just become available. Which it obviously has not. At that time the Advanced Download Option test had just completed and that one was only carried-out in japan. So maybe he confused that test with a Spec update. :dunce:

Back