Spec IV update?

• Thread starter Wardy 944
  • 56 comments
Hmmmm....upadate or full game !! What will come first? That is the question.

As long as they wanna make us wait. Dont get angry people its not there fault when there trying to make the best Racing Sim in the world that will proberly go multiplatform........heaven forbid !!

Hmmmm....upadate or full game !! What will come first? That is the question.

Erm... Well, it would be pointless to update the demo after the full game is out, surely?

I really don't think PD will give us damage or private rooms in an update for Prologue, because if they did I'm sure there's plenty of people who would then hold out on buying the full game, as they're the two main features that people are requesting. IF there's an update coming, which I very, very much doubt, the best we can expect is a new car or two, maybe the 370Z as PD have a good relationship with Nissan. However, KY did say a little while ago that GT5 is coming sooner than we think (and I think he thought we thought it would be mid to late 2010...), Amar's post suggests November or March, and basically, my money is on a simultaneous worldwide November release. Bearing in mind that's less than a year away, I'd be surprised if we see anything at all between now and then. However, there's always big, big news at E3 so we'll just have to wait and see what happens, I could be wrong, but I hope I'm not because I'm happy to be kept in the dark as long as I'm totally amazed when they launch the game.

but if there ever was a spec iv update... it should at least have the cars that were featured in GTHD... such as the Celica GT4 WRC, Mazda MX5, and the regular version of the Honda S2000 (already have the tuned version)

I believe they should put in private rooms as a test.Work out any bugs before the full version comes out.

Adding private rooms to prologue would encourage people not to buy the full version, same with damage.

The vast majority of fans (those still playing Prologue) would upgrade just to gain access to the new cars and tracks.

Some people still played GT:HD for awhile after GT5p was released, but in ever dwindling numbers. The same thing will happen with GT5p once the full version is released. The social aspect of online racing will only increase the pressure to upgrade, as the crowds on Prologue will shrink quite rapidly.

I think my hopes for a Spec V are a bit over optomistic, but I still have my fingers crossed for Spec IV.

I think the only reason we would get a spec IV update would be to test the new multiplayer code and to stress the servers (a beta test, if you will), if we're lucky we might get a new track to drum up some interest.

Other than that it's all GT5 baby.

I doubt we'll see another update before the full release. Although if we were to see an update a new track would be great. Like Nurburgring :D but thats asking too much

I do not, want to see an update for prologue after GT5 releases, I would rather see an update for GT5.

I think back when PD said that they were working on more updates for prologue, they thought people weren't too bothered about the full game, as if everyone were still hyped about prologue. maybe now they realise that GT5 is pretty much what we care about mostly, they are trying to release GT5 sooner. So I doubt we will see any big updates, maybe just 3 cars again.

Last edited:
Get over the updates. If i was in charge of GT5 id be focussing on the full game.

personal opinion though.

IMO, not a chance in hell of an update. (except maybe whatever they vaguely refer to as an upgrade path from prologue to full gt5)

If we do get an update for Prologue. We will probably not see GT5 until fall of 2010. And i sure don't want an update, i want GT5 this year!!!!!

If we do get an update for Prologue. We will probably not see GT5 until fall of 2010. And i sure don't want an update, i want GT5 this year!!!!!

+ 1,000,000. 👍

My thoughts exactly. Although I'm hoping for an 09 release of the read deal.

I hope there will be no more updates on GT5P because that means that GT5 is close. I would rather have GT5 sooner and no GT5P update than have a GT5P update but GT5 later. We want GT5 ASAP PD:sly:

I would love to see an update, as in 2 tracks and a few more cars i.e S2000, Sagaris and maybe a new manufacture like NOBLE, I dont see how this would slow down the release of the full game as they must already have hundreds of cars ready upto there standards and many tracks to choose from just sitting there stored on a PC lol, I dont see how this would stop people buying the full game either, I think maybe some of you guys have forgotten just how EPIC a full gran turismo is, I mean we are talking hundreds of cars and many many tracks, aswell as moddification options, many challeanges, enduro races, drifting challanges, the list is huge and that alone will dwaff prologue, If people payed for prologue knowing it was a teaser/demo of things to come then I'm sure they are going to buy GT5 soley on its size!

When it is released I'm sure prologue will die, its served its purpose and has passed the time for the major release, and as a comparrison to GT5 it will just look like a PSN demo you have downloaded

I would love to see an update, as in 2 tracks and a few more cars i.e S2000, Sagaris and maybe a new manufacture like NOBLE, I dont see how this would slow down the release of the full game as they must already have hundreds of cars ready upto there standards and many tracks to choose from just sitting there stored on a PC lol, I dont see how this would stop people buying the full game either, I think maybe some of you guys have forgotten just how EPIC a full gran turismo is, I mean we are talking hundreds of cars and many many tracks, aswell as moddification options, many challeanges, enduro races, drifting challanges, the list is huge and that alone will dwaff prologue, If people payed for prologue knowing it was a teaser/demo of things to come then I'm sure they are going to buy GT5 soley on its size!

When it is released I'm sure prologue will die, its served its purpose and has passed the time for the major release, and as a comparrison to GT5 it will just look like a PSN demo you have downloaded

+1

I don't think people realize how trivial it is to give us more tracks and cars. Even implementing private rooms really shouldn't be that hard.

Disclosure: I'm a programmer, not a speculator.

I think we might see an update that gives prologue a real online service, for PD to test out their interface before the final GT5. Sort of a beta test for them if you will.

Whatever happened to the promise Kazunori made when he said quality of Prologue will be patched close to the full game (minus the number of vehicles, circuits, modes, etc ofcourse). Or the fall update? Maybe he meant fall 09?! I know I'm probably just ranting randomly but I figure PD could atleast give us early adopters a taste of whats to come.

Back