Special Forza event at E3....under the stars!

• Thread starter vkss
  • 46 comments
It all comes down to expectations, fun factor when it comes to the console racers if you guys ask me.

I own both consoles and games. I made my peace with both and once a week I have fun with both of them for an hour or two.

Neither of them are simulations. You want simulation Pc-sims are the only way.

Still looking forward to GT6 and Forza4,mostly for the F-U-N factor ;)

I don't get this whole discussion, seriously... I don't care what T10 removed when going from FM2 to FM3. As a package, FM3 was still friggin' good. To me, better than any other racong game I've had until Shift 2 game out - which is the first to actually fully replace FM3 for me. And that's after playing FM3 for over a year straight.

I don't know what you had to expect in order to be disappointed by FM3, nor do I care in particular. No game's been perfect so far, but as a package, some game somewhat close to what would be the be-all, end-all racing game for me. If FM4 gets even a little bit closer to that than Shift 2 and/or FM3 were, than it'll be pretty darn good.
And as far as I am concerned, I'm willing to believe that T10 will pull that off. It's not going to be the definitiv racing game, but then again, S2U isn't the 'most realisitc racer' and GT5 isn't 'the real driving simulator', so those false claims really are a given for just about every console racer out there.
That doesn't mean it's perfectly fine or anything, all I'm trying to say is to get used to it. Games are like movies, in a way. You'll only see the best parts of it during previews and stuff...

Anyways, I would've bought Forza 4 on release day, either way. So unless they show me something that's totally driving me aways from the game, I'll be getting it...

I have to agree in one thing, FZ2 multiplayer was the best out there, period and FZ3 physics are the best of the 3. All they need to fix is the graphic colors and the too easy to handle at times driving physics. For the mutiplayer bring back FZ2 system lobby. Thats it. I am a little worried about having more cars at the track, because having a 60fps is amazing but now with 16 cars, it will drop the frames big time. If they can keep it all above 50fps then we will be fine. I hate slow downs.

I'm not saying it's acceptable. I'm saying it happens across the board, not just out of Greenwalt/T10. Not to make this a vs thread but PD and Kaz are far more guilty of this than Greenwalt/T10. Most here will disagree without looking at the facts.

I think these devs needs to underpromise and underhype and over deliver. Let the game speak louder than the hype train guided by PR speak

Just like a game claiming to be the 'standard' without as much as having.. well.. I'll just leave it at that. Again, I don't want this to be another vs thread.

Forza 3 does keep your best times after you finish the race. Select leaderboards and I forget which button (y? x?) will help you filter between overall to people in your class to people on your friend's list to.. I forget what the last one was. It's usually blank for me aside from my name so I was assuming it was local? You're 1994 comment speaks volumes for the lack of any leaderboards in the other title though, outside of seasonal events of course. Neither game does it right so don't single out 1.

I think 1 thing that FM2 had that FM3 didn't was lan support, but that's what xbox live is for. I don't mind FM4 not having this either since I don't game on lans anymore and have xbox live.

I ain't trying to get into a T10 vs PD debate. It seems to me that both developers have regressed from a trusted team that built real, quality games that withstood the tests of time to push it out flawed and glitched, maybe fix some stuff later "we know they're suckers and will buy no matter what" types of developers along the lines of say EA.

I didn't follow all the pre-release buildup of GT5. In fact, had T10 even came close to holding up their promises, I'd have probably never felt compelled to even give GT a try. I did follow FM3's though. I did hear all the troubling "additions". I did read Greenawalt when he said that all the options of FM2 were going to be there. So no, I'm not singling out one in any way, just more familiar with what went on with one as opposed to the other. And you're absolutely correct in that GT's LB situation is actually worse.

But you are dead wrong on the LB's on FM3. There are NO local leaderboards. What I think you're seeing and thinking is a local leaderboard is in fact a "favorites" leaderboard. Which has minimal use as a racing leaderboard. But plenty of use as a way to keep track of your favorite painters or tuners. But no, there is absolutely NO local LB in FM3.

You mean like PD's mind-boggling decision to make us write down tuning setups on a notepad rather than being able to save them in-game? FM3 lets me save a million tuning setups if I want them. I can have a hundred for a single car, if I feel the need. GT5 lets me have one per car, and beyond that you have to jot them down somewhere outside the game. That's just archaic. Tuning setups are way more important than a list of lap times, too. Any game that fails to allow us to save multiple setups per car for all cars isn't a definitive racing sim.

Hey, I agree. PD screwed the pooch as well bad on that one. But I disagree that it's any more or less important than keeping track of your times. How in the blue hell do you know if your tunes improve anything if you have no listing of what your previous times were? Quick answer, unless you resort to the same notepad writing down, or have a extreme photgraphic memory, you don't.

Dawg just don't get the game mate.

You got stung on F3 and GT5.

You never learnt your lesson from F3.
All developers are the same.
Great thing about the Internet is that within a week or 2 all the moans are out there for everyone to see.

Just give it a miss. Concentrate on PC sims.

I think I've learned my lesson at this point. Vote with my wallet. Do not ever, under any circumstances, pre-order and give away my money for a product I have yet to even see. Treat video games just like every other purchase I ever make. That's the lesson.

I think I've learned my lesson at this point. Vote with my wallet. Do not ever, under any circumstances, pre-order and give away my money for a product I have yet to even see. Treat video games just like every other purchase I ever make. That's the lesson.

I agree mate, I'm 41 and used to buy any crap out there lol,
Nowaday's with money tight you got to be selective.

Totally agree with that. Alot of titles I would have otherwise bought I have been holding back on. I have my list of "must haves" for the year but other titles are gonna be put on hold till I get good word on them. Modern Warfare 3, Forza 4, Gears 3 will definitely be purchased (unless I hear something detrimental too me). Anything else is going to have to prove worth buying.

Polyphony actually needs to take notes from Turn 10 when it comes to making good games, because PD is doing it wrong.

By what possible measure? And before you bring out those review scores, keep in mind that said reviewers appear to actually be praising Turn 10's bias towards controller support:

benefiting those who prefer the hardcore controller-based gameplay of the series

http://xbox-360.nowgamer.com/previews/xbox-360/1411/forza-motorsport-4?o=1#listing

Do you honestly believe that your average games journalist is qualified to review what claims to be an accurate representation of driving a vehicle round a track?

Back on topic, I think that "under the stars" might be a night racing feature showdown on Forza 4.

About what people are saying here, I do believe Forza 2 is still a better game than Gran Turismo 5, but to each his own, I guess.

Btw, I got 1000G points in Forza 2 and Forza 3 (100% in Forza 1), and Platinum Trophy on GT5 (and 100% on previous games), so I know very well both franchises to emit an opinion about them.

The Forza series are great games but usually when it comes to sim.... I don't know. I love how GT5/PD is devoted to bringing their fans a great driving experience via a great, diverse selection of critically acclaimed racing wheels (Logitech, Frex upgrades, T500rs, etc).

This brings me to my point- it doesn't matter how great of a game it is if I am stuck using a pad. T10/Microsoft should provide more FFB racing wheel options or work with Fanatec to fill their orders so we don't have to wait months and months for our wheel

Game wise- its' fine. But sim wise, I can't say, I can't use a good wheel with my xbox 360.

So from my point of view, if you not using a good wheel with Forza then like me you cant properly say how great of a sim it is. I know GT5 is a great sim because I have used really good wheels with it (DFP, T500rs)

--- So on topic, night under the stars better be an announcement about their official racing wheel + other wheel options. Their fans have been asking them on various forums for months asking for more wheel options then just 1 FFB wheel, the amazing, hard to obtain, GT2

My Predections:
Taking from what we have been led to believe FM4 is to push the boundaries and be T10 most ambitious game to date. Already we know of advances like 16 players both in single player and online.

However innovation and technical hardware advances seem to be a huge part of FM4 player interaction:

Kinect Virtual Showroom
Kinect Head Tracking

Much attention has been focused on how downgrading to simulation Kinect steering would perhaps be for hardcore players and wheel adopters.

I have reason to believe, hardcore players will not be forgotten and have nothing to worry about. Firstly Thomas/Fanatec reported recently that a presentation would happen between the 7th-9th of June at E3 regarding the long awaited shifter. He did not in anyway relate it to this function or T10.
However it doesnt take a genius to work out that this function on the 8th is where the new Fanatec "H-Gate Metal Shifter" will be shown. This was originally developed to offer a 7 Speed manual shift and also possibly sequential shift.
Therefore it is (IMO) very likely this product will be utilised in FM4 and that a repeat collaboration between Fanatec/T10 is happening again. Furthermore none of this has been denied on these very forums by the man himself. Folks their is an old saying "thier is no smoke without fire", lol.

You can take from that what you want and if Fanatec/T10 working together again seems more likely than unlikely. I would estimate that if indeed this is the case then not just a shifter will be involved but a new Fanatec wheel/shifter package will be revealed at this event.

Some may speculate a new budget wheel is needed for the X360 and others including myself believe it is quite possible T10 & Fanatec could produce a new package that competes with the recent GT5/Thrustmaster T500.

Regarding "The Stars" this could be relating to a night sky stage theme and that its happening in the evening. However should we rule out this being quite a lavish event with selected famous celebs or pro racers being the stars attending the presentation?

Well we havnt long to find out...

Last edited:
I don't agree 1 bit. Many of us are multiplat owners who like both GT and Forza franchises. This site is great in the fact that it also has these sections. What needs to be done is trolls and fanboiz being put in their place and banned without hesitation to prevent the trolling, regardless of what section of this forum we are in. This is afterall a gaming franchise enthusiast site which has more than just GT talk. If you remove the Forza section, then you need to remove every nonGT section there is.
I don't like the trolling but... GT/FM seems to always have it on every site I've visited. It comes down to a Sony vs MS thing for most.

Trolls need to be banned though.

Back