Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
United States
Colorado
Delta-64-
I was trying to generate some discussion in other threads so I didn't have to start this, but it didn't seem to catch.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=3656

In the GT5 general discussion thread, Space Empire and the JP GT site revealed that the Oval would be 30km in length (18.6 Miles) with the longest straight at 12km. I think that exceeds everyone's expectations! That's crazy.

Space Empire called it "Special Stage Route X Oval". Maybe there are more variations? I could just be getting my hopes up and it just consist of a straight and an oval, but I hope there is more to it than that.

I think the $4 is reasonably priced for it as well. This is more than just "The Test Course" in the previous games. I can't wait to drive on this bad boy.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I wonder how much space it will take up in the update. It will probably about a GB because of it's length! 30km?

For some reason I get the feeling there will be a few different variations of the track. I'd really like to see day/night transition for another track too.

Details here. It appears there is only one course, Special Stage Route X, which is an oval. I wouldn't be on it being thirty kilometres long, though. That would be about five times longer than the old Test Course, and would get boring. Even the Nardò Ring is only twelve kiloemtres long.

30km total with a straight of 12km.... GT4's entire Test track oval was only 10km's!

Very pleased.

This is already on the japanese site. And coming from Space Empire, who leaked it to us in the first place. All but confirms it.

Details here. It appears there is only one course, Special Stage Route X, which is an oval. I wouldn't be on it being thirty kilometres long, though. That would be about five times longer than the old Test Course, and would get boring. Even the Nardò Ring is only twelve kiloemtres long.

According to this official article (using google translate) it is 30km total with a straight of 12km.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d16043.html

"The only speed test that is included in the pack, "Special Stage Route Oval X" is between 12km straight on one side alone, boasts a total length 30km, is ideal for validating the performance of machines with a maximum speed limit, such as Red Bull X2010"

This,I imagine would take what,2 days to do a full lap around Route X?:crazy:
original

Actually, if GT5 had the 1886 Mercedes Benz Daimler Motor Carriage from GT4, that would take two days...if it could get over the elevation changes.

If its just for testing then you dont have to use the whole track by any means so its massive length doesnt really matter, you are not going to do 12km if you are bouncing off the rev limiter at 3km.

Really looking forward to accurate 400m and 1km testing, not being able to do any sort of accurate tests has been a huge annoyance for me so far.

Jay
30km total with a straight of 12km.... GT4's entire Test track oval was only 10km's!

Very pleased.

I remember at some points in GT4, i ran out of track on the top speed run, maybe hoping for 2 km's more of track, but too be honest, 30km's is ridiculous, but it will definitely be long enough to get the top speed of every car. I really can't wait to run top speeds of all my cars. But one problem, i'm assuming it will only display the top 10 cars, unless PD have made an exception on this track.

I remember at some points in GT4, i ran out of track on the top speed run, maybe hoping for 2 km's more of track, but too be honest, 30km's is ridiculous, but it will definitely be long enough to get the top speed of every car. I really can't wait to run top speeds of all my cars. But one problem, i'm assuming it will only display the top 10 cars, unless PD have made an exception on this track.

I also had issues in GT4 of running out of track and not truely finding the top speed of some vehicles, this 12km straight should fix that issue with ease. As for 30km's in total length, I am fine with this as it would get good for online X2010/X2011 in slipsream wars. For speed testing I doubt I will do a whole lap anyway, even in GT4 when you did a top speed test it stopped before the last long corner.

I also record my speeds in Excel so It doesn't bother me if it only shows the top 10 times/speeds.

I was trying to generate some discussion in other threads so I didn't have to start this, but it didn't seem to catch.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=3656

In the GT5 general discussion thread, Space Empire and the JP GT site revealed that the Oval would be 30km in length (18.6 Miles) with the longest straight at 12km. I think that exceeds everyone's expectations! That's crazy.

Space Empire called it "Special Stage Route X Oval". Maybe there are more variations? I could just be getting my hopes up and it just consist of a straight and an oval, but I hope there is more to it than that.

I think the $4 is reasonably priced for it as well. This is more than just "The Test Course" in the previous games. I can't wait to drive on this bad boy.

Your thoughts?
That's all good and all, but I'm very disappointed that we're paying for it to begin with. Something like this should've already been in the game. It just seems like a no-brainer that it should've been a basic feature... 👎

But it looks like we can expect to get a little more than asphalt and concete walls this time around. It's great that we have this straight, but don't other tracks have long straights as well? Long enough to at least give you an idea of what your car's top speed is? A straight like this would be fun for drafting, I'm sure we could expect to see some crazy top speeds... but I think the ability to finally see a 0-60/0-100/400m/1000m is what really counts here.

Jav
30 km?? God this is gonna be one boring track!
Agree with you.

The track seems to be nice, you know time changes and stuff... but 30 kms... of straight road and 4 corners, its a bit lame isn't it?

Agree with you.

The track seems to be nice, you know time changes and stuff... but 30 kms... of straight road and 4 corners, its a bit lame isn't it?

Ill never understand this forum..

50% of the people begging for something, and the other 50% complaining about it

Oh here it is (the thread). NOW, Ignore it ^^^

Save your time. Save YOUR time. Next time you're baffled by something like that, you'll know not to reply.

Ill never understand this forum..

50% of the people begging for something, and the other 50% complaining about it

I actually never begged for it, always since the GT2 days i seen Test Course as a pointless track.

I'll still buy the DLC cause i like the game a lot and i want to have it complete, but anyway. The track is pretty much boring.

Hope i change my mind when i do some drag races online there.

I actually never begged for it, always since the GT2 days i seen Test Course as a pointless track.

I'll still buy the DLC cause i like the game a lot and i want to have it complete, but anyway. The track is pretty much boring.

Hope i change my mind when i do some drag races online there.

I too find oval tracks boring but hey i love this game and i wish to support PD. :)

The excessive length doesn't matter for the top speed and acceleration tests. For racing it might still be fun for some Arcade X2010 action. That's anyway what I intended to do :D . I don't think any other races , except online drag races would be fun here. But that would have been the same in my opinion if the track was 10km like in GT4.

The harbor scenery makes me hope for some outside oval action. It reminds me of the harbor tracks in Shift 2 and Grid which were awesome. If it's an area enclosed by a 30km oval it would be a waste to not use that space...

^^^^ Nobody knows what the rest of the track looks like besides one/two banked turns and the one straight. There's going to be more than you think from the sounds of this all.

I too find oval tracks boring but hey i love this game and i wish to support PD. :)
I don't think most people would pay for an oval track alone. From what we know and what we can tell without this thread, it has day-night transition, and let's you easily test your cars while saving the results. That's a good enough reason for some people to want to pay for it. WITH this thread, I'm sure now, most people will be interested in paying for it.

Back