Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
What the hell, I wonder how long they worked on this? It's a joke. Sorry but if they are trying to expand to the online audience this track is not for that purpose.
I rather think it is just adding content which should have been there in the first place.

trk29
Blah.

Well I just had my first race online. I guess I will just use this as just a test track. Boring online.

What the hell, I wonder how long they worked on this? It's a joke. Sorry but if they are trying to expand to the online audience this track is not for that purpose.

Ummm no its purpose is to test your cars

I couldnt resist, i cant wait till EU store updates so i went online to see the track X, and im impressed, had some great slipstreaming races with normal tuned cars. Over 450k they went...
But drove the track only at night(host wanted night), so when the store updates i will see its fully beauty...

I couldnt resist, i cant wait till EU store updates so i went online to see the track X, and im impressed, had some great slipstreaming races with normal tuned cars. Over 450k they went...
But drove the track only at night(host wanted night), so when the store updates i will see its fully beauty...

can't wait too....every 5 minutes i look into the PSN Store xD

That second video. @22 seconds. That's impossible. No way does a car slide like that and recover to slide the other way.

specialstageroutex5.jpg

specialstageroutex6.jpg

specialstageroutex7.jpg

specialstageroutex8.jpg

specialstageroutex9.jpg

How are the steering wheels coping with X cars down these massive straights.
Can you take one hand of the wheel?

I bought the track, loaded 3 DLC cars, (Beetle, Vantage, and Lambo) drove only to the end of the first straight in each one, a little confused as to why it didn't let me do the whole lap, (now realize can't do a lap in speed test mode) and to the Nordschleife I went!

I can only see this as being somewhat useful for online kids to have a playground away from the Nur, and that is +1 for me.

It is also a neat course to play "Drift Tag" with, using long gear ratios. And to have your family checkout driving in a straight line without worrying about the upcoming rumble strip.

But this track is remaining " a museum relic " for me.

although I do admit, it was interesting to take the cars to top speed, and test braking and handling at those high speeds. The feeling of driving fast in a straight line was pretty impressive, and immersive, but back to the Nur I go!

Bring on the next DLC please!

I bought the track, loaded 3 DLC cars, (Beetle, Vantage, and Lambo) drove only to the end of the first straight in each one, a little confused as to why it didn't let me do the whole lap, (now realize can't do a lap in speed test mode) and to the Nordschleife I went!

I can only see this as being somewhat useful for online kids to have a playground away from the Nur, and that is +1 for me.

It is also a neat course to play "Drift Tag" with, using long gear ratios. And to have your family checkout driving in a straight line without worrying about the upcoming rumble strip.

But this track is remaining " a museum relic " for me.

although I do admit, it was interesting to take the cars to top speed, and test braking and handling at those high speeds. The feeling of driving fast in a straight line was pretty impressive, and immersive, but back to the Nur I go!

Bring on the next DLC please!

Have to agree here. There is only so much I can get excited about driving for 10mins in a straight line! We had SSR11 already so why this? feels a bit rushed and really should have been included in the first place.

Have to agree here. There is only so much I can get excited about driving for 10mins in a straight line! We had SSR11 already so why this? feels a bit rushed and really should have been included in the first place.

Drive more on it... cruise a bit, and do some races... play on it with time change. It'll start to make sense. The scenery is amazing. Rushed? You guys are crazy.

I rather think it is just adding content which should have been there in the first place.
👍
Ummm no its purpose is to test your cars
hmmm I don't see test track anywhere in the title, there are two other tracks with the special in the title and people play these online all the time. Excuse me for being "that guy" but this track looks like time wasted (because of the length) when they could have given us something more with the same amount of time.

Maybe the old test track and a few more old tracks updated.

Now by looking at the pictures of the supposedly different layouts of the track that looks good, maybe the high bank turn is where you do the G-force test, but lets hope they don't charge us again for a different layout.

EDIT: Has anyone tried the G-force test yet? Can you even do it?

Last edited:
Drive more on it... cruise a bit, and do some races... play on it with time change. It'll start to make sense. The scenery is amazing. Rushed? You guys are crazy.

I guess it must really be a case of personal preferance as I dont get why cruising in a straight line is exciting. Dont get me wrong i LOVE this game and these is nothing better than doing some chilled laps around a circuit....but in a straight line! lol :) I must be getting old / or grumpy....or both :)

Rushed? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:It came out a year and a half after the games realease, imagine how bad it would have been if it came out on disk ?! This forum is complete madness.

Rushed? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:It came out a year and a half after the games realease, imagine how bad it would have been if it came out on disk ?! This forum is complete madness.

It feels rushed as it feels like an afterthought and like it was thrown together rather quickly long after the game was released. I mean to be honest, with the in game course generator all they needed to do was add a little scenery and at the end of the day its basically two increadibly long straignst with two turns....

I'd love to know how time it took to come out after the game did means the same thing as time spent actually developing it.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a test track like this, mainly for top speed testing. I was bummed when I saw that they left the Test Course out of GT5, although I always found the straights too short for top speed runs. That has been fixed, and we've finally been given a new and longer track with some scenery as a topping.

That's pretty cool, with the exception that it is content which has to be bought. For a game like Gran Turismo, I find a track like this essential. Especially since there is a course maker, there should have been the possibility to make a track with a seemingly endless straight for acceleration and top speed runs right from the beginning.

Thanks Kaz, this one is much better the Test Course in GT4, although the corners could be bigger. I just got 336mph on a Veyron. At that speed it can't turn, but who cares? :)

The track looks nice and everything... but it is in severe need of an infield section with twists and turns similar to complex string. As is, i find Route X to be a "snooze fest".

Anyway, back to turning laps on the Nordschleife.

How are the steering wheels coping with X cars down these massive straights.
Can you take one hand of the wheel?

The straight is easy with a T500RS. Take both hands off the wheel and it's straight as an arrow......but on the banked corners..... it tries to pull my arm out of it's socket :(

Back