Speeding up the install of data from disc based version

King Rocket

Super Lurker
Premium
Australia
Victoria
By changing the demo setting you can speed up the game installing data to your SSD/HDD from the game disk.

1. Goto the [Options] screen
  2. Select [Global] then [Demo].
  3. Change [Start Interval] to whatever you please
  4. [Time Limit] to 10 seconds
  5. [Demo Repeat] on Continuous

Leave running for as long as you can, overnight if possible. As each demo loads any data not installed will be copied onto your SSD/HDD.

Good Idea!
You deserve a cookie
cookie.gif

yup its works great thanks for the heads up

I had almost all 8 GB until I deleted 1.01 and was only back to 2.3 GB.. I ran the demo for a bit now im almost all the way back

Or you could just do the full install from the options menu and leave it sit to finish up for less time than it would take the randomly-generated Demos to choose every car and track.

Or you could just do the full install from the options menu and leave it sit to finish up for less time than it would take the randomly-generated Demos to choose every car and track.
Where did you find an option for full install? I had looked but did not see this.

And where might this "full install option" be located?

Are you still playing GT5?
There is no full install option on my copy of GT6.

Like said above, there is no full installation, and installing the 1.01 version, only takes 17 minutes ....

Hmm...yeah, my bad. I had just assumed that an option listing called "Install Game Data" would actually let you, y'know, install the game data.

Had it running overnight set to 30s/10s. Went from 1907mb to 2209mb...
Played game for 45 minutes, now up to 2500mb...
:confused:

Had it running overnight set to 30s/10s. Went from 1907mb to 2209mb...
Played game for 45 minutes, now up to 2500mb...
:confused:
Some in-game/real time assets are likely different than the replay assets. PD are likely having to use older GT tech tricks due to the limitation of the PS3 and plans to transition existing code to the PS4.

Guys.. to be honest... I've had this game for about 3-5 days, lost count! anyways.... (no I dont know how big my install files at) I cant really notice any long loading times! Compared to GT5 (wich was really really bad!!) theres no loading at all..! Where I do notice loading times is when I 'start' a race (career mode), after I have kinda entered the race/challenge. Also, game has frozen upon me once, while looking a some rims. Maybe Im just blind to loading times becouse of GT5, you know, like you can get speed blind... going 200mph for a while then exit vehicle at 20mph becouse you think your standing still.

Had done this 2 nights in a row with a total install size increase of <500mb.
Needless to say, it was pointless.
Two points, 1. It maybe worth checking the install size via the main ps3 menu not the ingame one. 2. The random nature of the demos that run means that it's possible very little new data was cached to disk as a result. This will be especially true if you already have a lot of data installed.

I did that. PS3 showed 4304mb, now it's at 4998.
Changed the settings in the global menu to 180s duration and have installed an additional 220mb in 2 sessions.

edit

How big is the install size supposed to get? Has that been revealed?

Changed the settings in the global menu to 180s duration and have installed an additional 220mb in 2 sessions.

edit

No idea, the box says 20GB is recommended, although the digital version is only 14.3GB...

8GB is the highest I've heard so far.

edit

I saw some people saying it took three passes of a track to full load the high detail data when racing, now that you have the cars mostly loaded perhaps running 10 minute demo's to really grab all the extra track data might help.

The GT5 install was 11gb it would be perhaps safe to assume gt6 at this stage might be a little smaller, say 9 gig.

I saw some people saying it took three passes of a track to full load the high detail data when racing, now that you have the cars mostly loaded perhaps running 10 minute demo's to really grab all the extra track data might help.

The GT5 install was 11gb it would be perhaps safe to assume gt6 at this stage might be a little smaller, say 9 gig.

I'll leave it on 3-4 minute loops overnight and see what happens.

Wasn't that with updates?

Back