SPhilli911's Fiesta ST

• Thread starter SPhilli911
  • 413 comments
Here she is! I admit the body rust is kinda bad, but that's expected for a $1000 RS. These things usually go for a premium thanks to the rarity of them, the last one I bought was 4 times the price and had way more mileage, but had very little rust. This one will take some work, but that's the point of a project car I suppose.

Besides that, I am super happy to have it. As lame as it sounds, seeing the spoiler in the rear view and the hood scoop up front, although smaller than the STIs, reminded me of my STI a LOT while driving it. It was a flashback for sure.

Anyways, I will post with updates as they come. Gonna tear it apart in the coming weeks.
20150322_124012_zpsoujn3qxp.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Sean that's a surprise. When the hell did you have one before though? I remember you had always wanted one, but don't remember you having one.

Last edited:
Here she is! I admit the body rust is kinda bad, but that's expected for a $1000 RS. These things usually go for a premium thanks to the rarity of them, the last one I bought was 4 times the price and had way more mileage, but had very little rust. This one will take some work, but that's the point of a project car I suppose.

Besides that, I am super happy to have it. As lame as it sounds, seeing the spoiler in the rear view and the hood scoop up front, although smaller than the STIs, reminded me of my STI a LOT while driving it. It was a flashback for sure.

Anyways, I will post with updates as they come. Gonna tear it apart in the coming weeks.
20150322_124012_zpsoujn3qxp.jpg
Congrats on the new project car. These cars are indeed very rare. Impressive that you were able to get it for $1,000.

Wow Sean that's a surprise. When the hell did you have one before though? I remember you had always wanted one, but don't remember you having one.
I had it for less than a week and never registered it. Sold it to a friend, so I guess it hardly counts as owning it.

It's now been 3 months and 5 days since I placed the order for the Fiesta ST. Estimated delivery of April 9 has come and gone. The dealer has no clue when it will arrive and quite frankly it's ridiculous that a Ford can take so long to be built and shipped, even though it's built in Mexico. To put that into perspective, my friend ordered a brand new Subaru XV a month after I ordered the Ford, her car arrived 2 weeks ago. From Japan! If you ever want a Fiesta ST, I suggest buying one off the lot, since custom ordering takes 3-4 months.

As for the Subaru, my friend backed out of the deal we made about dropping a WRX motor into it. He still has the motor, but he has increased the asking price significantly and upon further inspection of the car, it may not be worth fixing up. I can't even drive the car currently, as it needs serious suspension work and is unsafe to drive. Plans for the RS have been put on hold for now.

That Passat I had? I gave it away. For free. But that doesn't matter because it broke down anyways.

I am car-less and frustrated. :indiff:

Haha, honestly, in the past 3 months I have been looking at all sorts of used cars and thinking about cancelling the order of the Ford. I keep telling myself that I don't want to deal with a used car right now, just be patient, keep waiting.

It's now been 3 months and 5 days since I placed the order for the Fiesta ST. Estimated delivery of April 9 has come and gone. The dealer has no clue when it will arrive and quite frankly it's ridiculous that a Ford can take so long to be built and shipped, even though it's built in Mexico. To put that into perspective, my friend ordered a brand new Subaru XV a month after I ordered the Ford, her car arrived 2 weeks ago. From Japan! If you ever want a Fiesta ST, I suggest buying one off the lot, since custom ordering takes 3-4 months.

As for the Subaru, my friend backed out of the deal we made about dropping a WRX motor into it. He still has the motor, but he has increased the asking price significantly and upon further inspection of the car, it may not be worth fixing up. I can't even drive the car currently, as it needs serious suspension work and is unsafe to drive. Plans for the RS have been put on hold for now.

That Passat I had? I gave it away. For free. But that doesn't matter because it broke down anyways.

Poor you :(.

Sorry to hear that. Subaru's sure as heck can be a handful and at times a money pit. I was hoping you would have decent luck with that RS. The only reliable older Subarus I have seen are the STI's. Any possibility of buying your STI back?

I would love to have my STI back or another one. But one of the reasons I sold it was because I do a ton of driving to and from home, work and school. The STI was terrible on gas. Not only that but I need a reliable long term car. Not that the Subaru was unreliable but it was getting old and needed things like clutch and timing done. The Fiesta is the smart thing to do. If it ever arrives. Haha

You could always do a cheap rally-x build with the Subaru. A 251 block wit the DOHC 25D heads and 257 HGs will yield a CR of about 11:1 and they run pretty well. You'd probably be looking at $500 if that for the entire engine. If mine blows up (pretty likely) that's what I'm planning on building.

Hopefully the FiST comes soon.

I would love to have my STI back or another one. But one of the reasons I sold it was because I do a ton of driving to and from home, work and school. The STI was terrible on gas. Not only that but I need a reliable long term car. Not that the Subaru was unreliable but it was getting old and needed things like clutch and timing done. The Fiesta is the smart thing to do. If it ever arrives. Haha
I agree, Subarus really just don't seem to be the cars to buy if you want something "reliable". :lol:

Hopefully the Fiesta comes in soon so you will have something new and reliable to drive. Plus it will have a warranty. :)

I agree, Subarus really just don't seem to be the cars to buy if you want something "reliable". :lol:

I usually agree with everything you say, but this has got me puzzled. Subarus are the most reliable cars on the road. Just ask my wife in her 340,000 mile Legacy.

If you're talking about the STi's specifically then ok, but in general...

I usually agree with everything you say, but this has got me puzzled. Subarus are the most reliable cars on the road. Just ask my wife in her 340,000 mile Legacy.

I should have specified more toward the Subaru "Impreza" line. Especially the older WRX and STIs. After 100k they just seem to be ticking time bombs. :lol:

Anything with an EJ25D would like to have a word with you.

Also when you get it you should say Hi at the other place. Dave just got a blue FiST as well.

Non turbo Subarus = Reliable.
(Performance) turbo Subarus = Depending on maintenance, reliable to money pit.

The only thing incredibly unreliable are the transmissions.

And this is coming from someone who has been around Subarus all his life, with his dad owning many and working on many, mind.

I should have specified more toward the Subaru "Impreza" line. Especially the older WRX and STIs. After 100k they just seem to be ticking time bombs. :lol:
I've always been under the impression that Subarus were reliable, even STIs. I'm confident my STI would have lasted forever, it was very well maintained. The RS, however, will not last too long, I get the feeling it was beat. There is an obvious oil leak.

But anyways, I finally got the car! First impression, this car is so much fun to drive. Better than I expected. I love it.

Here she is! My brother happened to be over with his new GTI. The car feels just as well built and solid as the GTI (maybe slightly less) and that's saying a lot. Also feels as fast, but I haven't really pushed the ST yet.
20150414_170515_zpsaunhftrd.jpg

BRB gonna go drive it!

But anyways, I finally got the car! First impression, this car is so much fun to drive. Better than I expected. I love it.

Here she is! My brother happened to be over with his new GTI. The car feels just as well built and solid as the GTI (maybe slightly less) and that's saying a lot. Also feels as fast, but I haven't really pushed the ST yet.
20150414_170515_zpsaunhftrd.jpg

BRB gonna go drive it!
Congrats!! Perfect timing too! Love the color.

20150424_163208_zpscsmpe7x4.jpg

The car is a blast! The reviews were right, the Fiesta ST is just so much fun, I’ve never driven a car like it in terms of handling. It is also surprisingly powerful, it’s fun to see people’s reactions when I give it some gas and it takes off. Not to mention it’s easy to commute in and gas mileage is very good. Modding the car will be slow, which is alright, since it’s so great out of the box. The car has a few annoyances, like the entertainment system/ screen I can do without and the car blows cold air at you whenever you turn the air on, no matter what your settings are. All in all, I’m happy with the purchase, it should be a good long term car.

Current “mods”:
FSwerks short shift kit (25% less throw, feels way better to shift)
Rally Armor Mud Flaps (they just came out, I might be the only car out there with these on! Needed these for rally look duh)
Boomba Racing wing risers to give it a more aggressive look (not pictured yet, I’ll probably install them this weekend. No benefit except looks)

Future:
Cobb Catback exhaust, the car is WAY too quiet as is, but I don’t feel the need to cut off the OEM exhaust just yet.
Cobb intake
Cobb front mount intercooler
Cobb Rear Motor Mount
More Cobb! Cobb Accessport v3

LSD? (Not that I'm pushing :P)

I only say I it as I drove a Corsa VXR (200bhp and FWD 1.6 turbo, same size as a Fiesta), it's the only FWD car I've driven with an LSD and the traction and grip was so much better than what I would've expected. It transforms it and why some people think the Corsa is better than the ST because of it.

Back