SPhilli911's Fiesta ST

• Thread starter SPhilli911
  • 413 comments
Jealous of the snow lol, it's so photogenic and makes the colour of the car pop. I wanna do a shot with my car in the snow
Sure the snow is good for pics, but you try working on a car in freezing temperatures. đź‘Ž

Man, I was in Australia two weeks ago enjoying your nice heat wave now my hands freeze when I walk outside. I'll trade? ha

Very nice photo! Just the right amount of snow lightly dressed on it. đź‘Ť
Thanks! :dopey:

Yeah I'm originally from Invercargill, right at the bottom of New Zealand. The Deep South they call it, because its damn cold. Used to get a little snow (not like in Queenstown though which is much higher in altitude - that's where the main ski fields are) we just mainly got the severe frosts, hail, sleet, rain and strong winds etc. I know what living in cold is like! You do get over the heat of Queensland though, in summer it is just always there, unless you are in aircon. 6.00 am at work and you are already sweating. I enjoy going back and having to actually make a fire, and wear warm clothes. Its refreshing!

And yeah, small displacement turbo 4wd rally inspired cars deserve their pictures taken in snow lol. Sadly I'll never be able to do that in mine.

It might be that I've lived in a cold area my entire life, but it gets old. The most uncomfortable thing for me is to get in a cold car at 6:00AM and wait for it to heat up. It's especially worse when you have to clean the snow off your car.

Small displacement, turbo, AWD, rally inspired cars are my favorite kind of cars! I had an Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T (not directly rally inspired, but it was a start) before the STI. I've always wanted a Celica GT-Four like yours, or the generation after, but they don't exist in the US. :(

The model after mine doesn't, no. My model does though, it's just called an Alltrac rather than a GT-Four but they aren't as nice, they are very low spec and have ugly indicators etc. They can be swapped out, but still..

Yeah I remember having to take a pot of luke warm water out with me to the work van in the mornings half the time to pour on the door handle to melt the ice so I could open the door and also the windscreen so I could see. And getting a ladder off the top or something would be so cold your fingers had pins in them and felt like they were solid

Is it wrong to make a standard Celica look like a GT Four? How does the Celica community feel about that sort of thing? I know Subaru people generally don't like to see a WRX made up like an STI. Doesn't bother me!

I test drove a '98 Celica recently, very basic model, 5 speed manual. I'm looking for a "project" car, or a winter beater, and making it up like a GT Four isn't out of the question over the long term. Either that or I try to find an Alltrac, but those are pretty hard to come by still.

Oh yeah I'm not a big fan of making a car look like something it's not lol. I don't mind people with Alltracs swapping to JDM gear as the USDM ones are quite ugly but not on like a FWD model :P

EDIT: Although I am planning on swapping to the Group A bumper at some point, because it looks awesome and maybe the hood if I can find one for a good price (unlikely though!) because it suits my new Water to Air intercooler better, but people will still know it's a regular GT-Four and not a Group A because it will not have any of the badging, stickers or the dark lens tail lights, etc.

And this is another reason I hate the cold! This morning it was so cold, the plastic over my instrument cluster started frosting up! The cold is going to destroy this car if I keep driving it everyday. My defrost/ AC unit failed and needs a new idler pulley. And don't get me started on the salt on the roads...

Car says 7ÂşF, but it was really 4ÂşF (-15ÂşC for the rest of the world).
2013-01-23_06-49-39_181_zps4d7272fe.jpg

Yeah that's cold!

I'd be against using a nice car all the time in winter, especially parking it out in the elements. Same as when it's hot here, I try to avoid leaving my car in direct sunlight as it just gets so hot and it can't be good for the paint. I always try to have a good coat of wax on it to protect it, but things like rubber perish, plastics fade and warp.

I agree, but unfortunately I have no choice. By the time I get a second car it won't be so cold. I'm planning on a second car next winter for sure so the STI can sit in a garage.

Come on give us the video already :P You'd better be doing your best Petter Solberg impression when you're driving on the vid!

And please please please keep the gold wheels. It's so nice to see an Impreza Sti kept nice and original looking, just how it should do. No horrible body kits or anything.

Vids will happen! It's just too cold to push the car. And as much as I'd love to slide around in the snow, I don't know of any safe place to do so. :/

Oh trust me, I will NEVER ruin this car with body kits, or aftermarket spoilers and junk like that. I am nowhere near interested in that side of the car "scene". lol

I want to own an STi one. Fast, good on the track and offroad, 4 doors. Could not ask for anything better.

OH, and I forgot, the most unique sound you can get from 4 cylinders.đź‘Ť

Nice ride

Thanks liampage!

So the bad news is that the audio on my Nikon D90 is almost completely useless. The good news is that tomorrow I am borrowing my friend's GoPro. I'll stick it to the bumper and find a good road or something!

GoPro was a no go. My friend is being an ass and not letting me borrow it, though I want to buy my own soon. Otherwise no videos for a little while.

Yesterday I plastidipped my wheels black to see what it looks like and for some weather protection. I can honestly say that I liked the gold better, although I do love to see the big slotted rotors, and bright gold calipers. I'll be peeling the paint off in Spring though.
DSC_0089_zps2dd9def1.jpg

GoPro was a no go. My friend is being an ass and not letting me borrow it, though I want to buy my own soon. Otherwise no videos for a little while.

Yesterday I plastidipped my wheels black to see what it looks like and for some weather protection. I can honestly say that I liked the gold better, although I do love to see the big slotted rotors, and bright gold calipers. I'll be peeling the paint off in Spring though.

I absolutely love your car. This is the kind of thing I would love. A beautiful daily driver with a bit of work done, and outstanding good looks! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks! I'm happy to share!

I love daily driving this car, that's for sure. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to... I mean it's not a Ferrari, it doesn't belong in a garage. Granted the ride could be a bit rough at times, but I would never trade it for anything.

I love the gold wheels more but black hasn't ruined it.

It's great that you drive this everyday. When I eventually get one it will be black with gold Advan RGIIs. I would drive it everywhere and race it in the weekends. Version 8s are about 20k NZD and 9s are 25k. So they are coming down in price.

I love the gold wheels more but black hasn't ruined it.

It's great that you drive this everyday. When I eventually get one it will be black with gold Advan RGIIs. I would drive it everywhere and race it in the weekends. Version 8s are about 20k NZD and 9s are 25k. So they are coming down in price.
I'll be autocrossing the car this Spring! Last year I only spectated because I wasn't ready to take it out. I wanted Advan RGIIs or RSs in gold on my car, but those are some seriously expensive wheels! Maybe one day. Yeah, the prices here in the US are about the same it seems. Grab one now while they're a good price and have barely been driven.

No gold wheels makes Clark sad :(
Cheer up! They'll be gold again in no time!

I'm re-registering my car soon, and getting new plates. I want to get a custom plate, something to do with rallying and I am looking for some ideas.

The following plates are available that I had in mind:
"SWRT-04"
"WRC"
"WRC-04"
"MCRAE"

If anyone has ideas let me know. It can only be 6 characters long.

:scared: I can barely afford to run and maintain my MR2 let alone buy a ver8 STi.

I'm guessing WRXSTI is taken. GD WRC maybe?

Save, save, save! Took me 6 years to get one. I was 17 when I convinced my dad to bring me on a test drive in one (a blue 2005 brand new) and I had to have it. I'll never forget my dad after the test drive (he drove, I wasn't allowed... for "insurance" reasons) saying, "I would die in that car." And I had the dumbest, evil smile on my face.

Anyways, I just checked those plates. "WRXSTI" is taken. Not surprised. "GDWRC" on the other hand is not. Hmmm.

Nooooo, don't get private plates đź‘Ž

I've always found private plates a bit tasteless. Sorry if that offends you, just my opinion.

Latest Posts

Back