"sphinx deserved everything he got"

• Thread starter Thuggles
  • 181 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To leave the right of reply open to Thuggles........

.....which will either happen, the thread will die off of its own accord or a mod will close it (and that will happen only if we feel it needs to).

Scaff

Seriously, if you were him & read this thread would you reply to it?

You are right about one thing though Sphinx: I don't know you very well, which is why I don't just up and trust what you are saying.
Are you like that in real life too?
You prefer to trust someone that is a certified rotten apple instead of someone that, despite you not knowing him personally, you have nothing to point at him and everyone else that knows him only give him nothing but praise?
Man, you're on to a miserable life...

One) You are a Super Moderator here at GTP, but that doesn't give you a free ticket to my trust.
As opposed to Thuggles, his one and only post here, his posts on other forums explaining how to cheat and encouraging others to do it, and the fact that there's an unedited video up of him driving dirty without provocation make him (at least to you) a friend for life.

Two) I have never raced with you, and besides reading your posts here on the forums I don't know you at all.
Then why can't you accept the fact that Sphinx IS a clean racer until proven otherwise? Isn't that how normal people should think?

I mean really when you first race someone do you really get as close as you can to them? Or do you give them room? I give them room because I don't know who they are, what kind of mood they are, what their skill is, and if they desire to end my chance to win by knocking me off the track.
When someone first races someone, its not thinking about that, just trying to race. Why would you assume everyone is dirty in the first place?
IF during the race someone proves to be dirty, THEN you consider him dirty, I don't see why I or anyone else should back off and drive lamely in fear that the guy ahead "might" be a dirty driver, what are you trying to say here?

Exactly! Very strange turn of events here.....looks like a setup to me....in the U.S., it's called entrapment.
As far as I know, everywhere in the world (but your house) it's called exposing a cheater.

Super Moderators aren't gods.
All my hopes and dreams crushed by that simple sentence.

I meant the that he has more respect and trust than most because he is a Mod here.
Everyone that proves to be a clean and fair driver is equally respected over here, being a moderator on this website doesn't make him a better or cleaner driver than he already is.

But it doesn't change the fact that I feel a little skeptical.

But I feel everyone here. Yeah he is probably a good guy and does everything he says he does. But that still don't mean thing to me, not until I have race him. :) Hope to see you out there!
Again, you have some hidden (and known only by you) reasons not to trust Sphinx, I'm really intrigued.
Are you expecting him to ram you off the track when you meet him online?

What's called cheating.....what you did to video this guy's 'dirty' run?
As I said, it's called exposing a cheater. (you somehow don't seem to look at that race, on the unedited vid, and consider that cheating).
And as Sphinx said already, it's always good to have evidence to back some claims or to prove yourself clean.
You, on the other hand, look at the vid, see Sphinx driving cleanly and getting rammed over and over, and still fail to see the lousy driving by Thuggles while at the same time, trying to imply Sphinx did something not even Thuggles himself explained what it was.

What time is it in England right now? About 4:36 am? Can't sleep? Are you always up at this time, or is something worrying you? Get some rest...you seem to need it.
Get a brain... you seem to need it.

hey guys. sorry about my time away. i managed to get a copy of gta4 in the end and haven't check forums or played gt5p since. yes i do have the f2007 but was not aware that you could race it online. i take it there has been an update? i think it'll be a few days at least until i play gt5 again but i'll make sure i keep checking the forums so that when i do i can ensure that i'll be racing one of you. look forward to a good race sometime soon.

hey guys. sorry about my time away. i managed to get a copy of gta4 in the end and haven't check forums or played gt5p since. yes i do have the f2007 but was not aware that you could race it online. i take it there has been an update? i think it'll be a few days at least until i play gt5 again but i'll make sure i keep checking the forums so that when i do i can ensure that i'll be racing one of you. look forward to a good race sometime soon.

Who are you, and what have you done to Thuggles???

(not that we care, just curious actually)

I'd say good luck finding anyone here who wants to be on the same track as you anymore. :rolleyes:

If we want a "race" we'll race with real drivers like Sphinx. 👍

If you can find anyone here who wants to play "bumper-cars" & "find-the-shortcut" with you then I hope you have fun. 👎

In the meantime, get some practice in at driving the circuits cleanly, learn to pass and be passed without feeling the urge to sideswipe or ram, and then, possibly if you're man enough to apologise to Sphinx, you might be accepted within an online environment that prides itself on nuturing and enjoying on-line racing and GT games.

We won't hold our breath though. :sly:

hey guys. sorry but was not look forward to a good race sometime soon.

The above should have read like this.

Sorry, Sphinx

EDIT
On second thought seeing how Thuggles has replied maybe its time to close this up.

awesome choice of music lol

Wow! Way to contribute to the thread at hand! :cheers:

Sphinx, I'm glad that you exposed his cheating ways. I'm kinda surprised at the amount of people who are backing this tool up. :rolleyes:

He ran the WRS here, I'm sure he's a clean racer.

That's a scary thought! By definition a "good race" would be something you have already proven yourself incapable of running. The only thing that would keep me in a race with you laddie is if I were the "Host" but, I can do that from pit lane.

Are you the geezer that originally had those stella times on high speed ring etc? if so I thank you for showing me a line I had not seen before...(this goes back to the pre times wipe), you had a HSR time of 1:34:750 for the suzuki alpacino forwards...fantastic lines, barely beat it in at least 50 runs. Please come back, me and yam3393 would appreciate the challenge! if not that person, well step up my friend :)

Are you the geezer that originally had those stella times on high speed ring etc? if so I thank you for showing me a line I had not seen before...(this goes back to the pre times wipe), you had a HSR time of 1:34:750 for the suzuki alpacino forwards...fantastic lines, barely beat it in at least 50 runs. Please come back, me and yam3393 would appreciate the challenge! if not that person, well step up my friend :)

Which 'geezer' are you referring to?

Edit:

Well guys, you got the reply from Thuggles. As you can see, his reply was as confusing as his driving antics.

He must be talking to you Sphinx. While I am an older "geezer" than you, might I suggest I couldn't keep up with you on my best day!:lol:

Ahhhhhhhh...message board drama, boy how I miss this!

I didn't watch the videos, and normally I would want to hear more from the other side, but I raced with Sphinx years ago on the 9 boards challenges so I trust his word.

Good for you Sphinx. Stay clean as always!!!

great seeing you at suzuka tonight sphinx. i can vouch to bubbles (oh sorry, thuggles i mean) that sphinx is not a bad driver like thuggles claims.

great seeing you at suzuka tonight sphinx. i can vouch to bubbles (oh sorry, thuggles i mean) that sphinx is not a bad driver like thuggles claims.

Cheers, it was fun. I think we had 7 GTP_tags in a 15 car race at some point. Great racing guys. 👍👍

Cheers, it was fun. I think we had 7 GTP_tags in a 15 car race at some point. Great racing guys. 👍👍

jgda9rs

I can also vouch as I was also there. Great fun racing you guys. 👍

;)

Seriously, you can't just do that. I mean, unless you have your own private room where you can decide whether collisions are allowed, you just have to comply to the rules, and these rules allow for collisions/tough racing. I agree with the poster several pages back who mentioned it.
If the rules allowed for collisions then why does it impose a penalty?

Also, if you want to see it as different people have different aims in the game then I guess you can say that Sphinx was warning those of us looking to race properly against those who don't.

...which is the one reason I do not want to see visible damage (or worse yet, smoke/explosions) in GT5. It will give the immature another reason to drive like idiots for longer periods online. Once the Havoc-crowd sees no visible signs of their destruction, it tends to "get old".
As this is supposed to coincide with private rooms I don't think this will be as big of a problem. Plus, people can set up their crashing races. It is tempting to setup a no holds barred race just to see how different it becomes and what strategy changes have to be made. But it would be openly accepted by all participants ahead of time.

I am hoping that will be the difference with private races because even those who generally want a clean race can go be stupid at times without affecting others.

Now, if we get damage before private lobbies, then yes, I agree, we will be in trouble, especially if the rumors of cosmetic only is true.

..... It is tempting to setup a no holds barred race just to see how different it becomes and what strategy changes have to be made......

I thought we already had those as witnessed in some of the current online races :D and there's no need to "set them up" either

A no holds barred race is the only way you can win from Hugo Boss :)

I thought we already had those as witnessed in some of the current online races :D and there's no need to "set them up" either
I actually imagine that if all 16 participants are doing it, it is known ahead of time, and everyone expects it from everyone else it would completely change the way you raced.

As it is now you go forward cautiously and as your clean pass is met without being bashed you finish it off. If the person you are passing begins to come over then you react.

Thuggles your just digging your self a deeper hole, Sphinx is a good driver and fast i may say raced with him a couple times, and boy i was 2/3 seconds behind him all the time...

So get off your high horse and learn to drive buddy

Just had an awesome, superclean fight with Skylinecrazy and JohnnyDangerous on Suzuka 500 PP. Very clean and capable drivers! 👍

Also, isn't that what MotorStorm is for? :)

I didn't think it'd be too long before someone came here and started crap with one of our drivers, but Sphinx? Really? Thuggles, you're barkin' up the wrong tree, bro. On top of lying and being just outright wrong, you're trying to badmouth someone who's known to be a clean racer. Let the grudge die, move along and quit driving like a moron.

I didn't think it'd be too long before someone came here and started crap with one of our drivers, but Sphinx? Really? Thuggles, you're barkin' up the wrong tree, bro. On top of lying and being just outright wrong, you're trying to badmouth someone who's known to be a clean racer. Let the grudge die, move along and quit driving like a moron.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd say "Well, there is a chance... As they say, anythings possible, even though I highly doubt it..." and I still would doubt him 99%. I always leave room for the *remote* possibility here and there, but...

He has you on tape! I mean, there's recorded evidence of what you did on tape, that showed him as the aggressor and Sphinx is the victim. That right there basically eliminates that 1% chance that he could be telling the truth right there. Think about it anyone who's questioning it, if you were on a jury and I was on trial for murder, and the prosectution wheels in a TV and shows a video that clearly shows me, identifiable and everything, commiting the action in question, would you really deliberate and come back with a not guilty verdict? Come on now! The unedited video evidence he shows more than clears him of wrong doing.

Wow, i cant believe this bashing is still going on. After this much pages i think the guy knows that he's wrong already and if not, i dont think he will ever play with GTP people ever again. (Not meaning that GTP people are bad, lol) This is becomming a thread to just bash people and i think somone should lock this up. Well my point of view anyway

Wow, its amazing this thread still lives. At least I know one user to stay from.

@Sphinx: I just got GT5P today:D I look forward to racing you June 1st. Also, That Alfa looked like it was a handful. Were you using a wheel or a DS3 or sixaxis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back