• 6 comments

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm

First trailer does absolutely nothing to place this in the MCU timeline...

...yet Kevin Feige has said it'll take place "minutes" after Endgame. Is it weird that the world would be so casual after that conclusion that there's some sort of local fundraiser, and Peter's high school class goes on a two week vacation to Europe? Will Endgame's conclusion be pushing us back in time slightly to right Thanos' wrong?

And is that a huge potential spoiler from Happy when he says Peter's all alone? Where are the Avengers?

It sounds like the events of Infinity War will be overwritten/reversed in some way. That's the only logical answer to how SM:FHH can be after Endgame, as Parker was one of the many wiped out when Thanos used the gauntlet. As for the Avengers whereabouts, perhaps even with the reversal of time, those involved in instigating the time reversal still remember what happened, have disbanded and gone into hiding?

As for the trailer, at first I thought Parker was going to be fighting not just Mysterio, but also Sandman and Hydro-Man (3 villains? Getting bad Spider-Man 3 vibes here :scared:). Then the shot of Mysterio fighting appeared, which made me think maybe that's not Hydro-Man he's fighting, and who I thought was Sandman earlier is not. There was also that shot of the person on fire/covered in lava? Which probably makes the villains the Elementals?

I think they should've kept the trailer under wraps for a while longer, as it stands, we'll all go in watching Endgame with no stakes at all.

As the HISHE Captain America said, "I've seen the Spiderman trailer, and he's not dead" :/

Surprised to find it was out today. I was entertained. Cool the way Mysterio did his thing. Stay for the end credits. One right after the main cast credits. The other at the very end of the credits. It's a MUST for the final one!

Marvel will never stop any of these movies.

Probably the best live action Spider-Man movie.

Gylenhaal as Mysterio is perfect. Tom Holland is getting a lot better. The action is awesome.

Probably the best live action Spider-Man movie.

Gylenhaal as Mysterio is perfect. Tom Holland is getting a lot better. The action is awesome.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of Gylenhaal after the Day after Tomorrow movie, but I agree. He played it perfect.

In Spider-Man 2, I loved the fight scene with Doc Oc, from the building down to the train. I think that was one of the best classic fight scenes. This one brought that famous Spider-Man speed & agility back.

Not bad, a decent follow up to the last Avengers in terms of handling some of the events from that film. Holland and Gylenhaaal both played thier parts well. But...

I felt the whole hundereds of drones fight at the end was quite generic and Mysterios plan about becoming the Earths best hero relied on there not being any genuine threats since all he could do was defeat the fake ones. Loved the J.K.Symonds cameo at the end and the Skrulls reveal was interesting.

The special effects and action sequences were very impressive.

Back