Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
:gtpflag:Alright, the field is set.
Tonight at 6:00 PM EST I will open the gates for anyone who wants to run some practice times.
At 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30 PM I will host a 15 minute race for those who want to collect some race data.
IE: fuel and tire wear and race pace. Save your replay and start formulating your race strategy. :cool:

Post 518 has our Casual Night agenda :bowdown:

I guess i will have to do some practice laps by my self when i have free time cause i work Today & Tomorrow :(

Hey Guys I want you to be the first ones to watch another Video of our Casual Fun Races from Thursday Night-22-05
I usually only do one Video for every Thursday but i really had to share this with all of you... SPECIALLY you tarkus1 ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ

Here it is and ENJOY!!

DRAT!!!!!!! I blew it on the last turn and Manny was there to take what I guess was rightfully his. Awesome race though.

Alright gentlemen.

:gtpflag::gtpflag:The June 12th Main Event Announcement Sheet :gtpflag::gtpflag:

June 12th we travel to Lemans
Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2013
Time: Thursday Night June 12th 8:00 PM EST U.S. time

Track conditions:
Sunny with no adverse weather forecasted.
Start time will be 11:00 AM and last one hour exactly. This will allow track workers time to clean up our mess and prepare the circuit for that weekend's 24 hours real race. June 14-15.

Race day agenda
8:00-8:30 PM Practice session.
8:30-8:40 PM Qualifying session
You will qualify: Race Alone
Grid order: Fastest First
8:41 Race start.
Start will be Grid Start with False Start Check. Practice now

Penalty: Strong
Visible Damage: OFF
Mechanical Damage: Light
Pit stops: 1
Require Tire type change: ON
Boost: OFF
Grip Reduction: Real
Tire/ Fuel Wear: Fast
Slip Stream: Real

Vehicle: PP 620
HP 620
Weight 1,250 kg

Vehicle Tuning: No Limit
Laughing Gas: Prohibited

So there will be NO time progression then?

What about Limit Driving Options?
Just asking that way i can start practicing. Which one of these will be on?: Skid Recovery
Active Steering
(ASM)
Driving Line
Traction Control
ABS

I would like to have srf off and active steering also.
Everything else is driver preference.

SRF just isn't realistic at all you can overdrive the car whitout being punished.

I also would like to see Racing Softs bannend. And only Hard and Medium as Tyres because you need to adjust the car too much with RS. All the cars get more understeer when driving with RS softs i think. But thats just my oppionion. I will drive with every setting and every tyre.

102693801020397ip9zfh5ux.jpg

Greetings from Germany

So there will be NO time progression then?

What about Limit Driving Options?
Just asking that way i can start practicing. Which one of these will be on?: Skid Recovery
Active Steering
(ASM)
Driving Line
Traction Control
ABS
I don't want to step on the Managements toes about the time progression but the driving options will stay as optional for now. I know there are people that race with us that use them and although I personally don't agree, I don't want to take that away and force them to completely change their driving style. Or worst yet, put too many restriction on and force them from the group. The only one I have kept as prohibited is the nitrous. That will not be an option.

I would like to have srf off and active steering also.
Everything else is driver preference.

SRF just isn't realistic at all you can overdrive the car whitout being punished.

I also would like to see Racing Softs bannend. And only Hard and Medium as Tyres because you need to adjust the car too much with RS. All the cars get more understeer when driving with RS softs i think. But thats just my oppionion. I will drive with every setting and every tyre.

102693801020397ip9zfh5ux.jpg

Greetings from Germany
I did try when we first started this racing series to have the group not use racing soft tires but it didn't go over too well. Of course this was well before Spinning Arrows and the current Mgmt team. Nice pic BTW.

My .02 on the tire debate is that as long as we are all using the same compound it doesn't bother me if it's RH,RM or RS. And for aids being on or off, I don't use them (except ABS 1) but if some members use them it doesn't effect my enjoyment of the races, so I'm cool with it. I also think the aids slow you down in the long run and it's better to run without them. To each their own though.

I think we should all go back and have a look at the Mercedes AMG race that Manny had posted earlier. This is the 1 make at Spa. What really impresses the hell out of me is that the first turn there are numerous cars all trying to make that turn at almost the same time. And yet, according to Manny's perspective, there's not even a scrape against another car. This is a testament to the quality drivers we have at SAC. So many cars and such a clean turn!!!!!

I don't want to step on the Managements toes about the time progression but the driving options will stay as optional for now. I know there are people that race with us that use them and although I personally don't agree, I don't want to take that away and force them to completely change their driving style. Or worst yet, put too many restriction on and force them from the group. The only one I have kept as prohibited is the nitrous. That will not be an option.

Ok then so is optional if we want them on or off.. GOT IT.

Time to tune up and make some practice laps!! Thanks for replying back :)

Hey Guys I want you to be the first ones to watch another Video of our Casual Fun Races from Thursday Night-22-05
I usually only do one Video for every Thursday but i really had to share this with all of you... SPECIALLY you tarkus1 ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ

Here it is and ENJOY!!

Manny how come you had time to look around what beside you and behind you??????? and I so busy to drove mu car????:cheers:

Gemasolar.jpg
Alright gentlemen.
My Dodge is ready. I'm sure I'll be at the back, but that's ok.
So Wednesday night I will not have the keys to the Lemans track.
In fact the girls have taken the keys to the Vipers too. :( So...

Yes I am sucking in my gut......slightly. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah the girls call it my belly bump. :lol:
I'm working on. 👍

Yes my Vipers are on the Vehicle list. 👍

Last edited:
Manny how come you had time to look around what beside you and behind you??????? and I so busy to drove mu car????:cheers:

Well i always drive like that... i like to check the map and look around to see how far or close my opponents are so i can keep a clean race or if they have momentum i can move away and let them pass :)

Alright gentlemen here is the agenda for our May 29th :bowdown: Casual Night:bowdown:

Around 8:00 PM EST U.S. time

All PP races will be 5 laps
525 PP
450 PP
610 PP
----Lemans one make car GT-R Nismo GT 3 N24
625 PP
510 PP
----Circuit de Madrid/Reverse one make Scirocco GT24 Volkswagan
535 PP
490 PP
----Apricot Hill one make Corvette Stingray '14

If there's time which there should be.
A 25 lap run around Daytona NASCAR style. So adjust your sitting position to induce a 30 degree tilt to the left. Beverages should also be adjusted to 30 degrees.

There will be tire and fuel wear of fast. So practice and remember to stay to the right of the long pit lane line. It is the INCORRECT line for driving into the pits, but if you don't use it the game will usually kick you back out and you must drive another lap. :mad: :ouch: :grumpy:

Oh for those who haven't seen post 512. I suggest you do.
Expect more videos of our Thursday night.....fun :lol: :gtpflag:;) :cheers:
So be very, very quiet......
Manny is recording ..everything.

LMAO!! Maybe we can have a vote on which Race i should record that way you guys know is being recorded. Don't matter if i win or loose i'm doing it for a good fun time and for the TEAM! :)

PS: By any chance you guys have a logo of the club?! and if you do where can i download it?

LMAO!! Maybe we can have a vote on which Race i should record that way you guys know is being recorded. Don't matter if i win or loose i'm doing it for a good fun time and for the TEAM! :)

PS: By any chance you guys have a logo of the club?! and if you do where can i download it?
hmmm, a couple thoughts on this so I guess I could go either way. One part of me says keep it a secret and nobody knows what is and what isn't being recorded and another side of me would like to know. So does that help??? It's all fun so it doesn't matter to me. As far as any logo, we don't have anything as we really haven't been around long in this group (about a month or two before you jumped in). Of course I would be open to something if any of you guys are artists. I do know some graphic artists that could come up with something cool but would love to see what you guys come up with. Manny, since this is your idea, you're welcome to give it a first shot if you're interested.

I agree with the BOSS. Pick two or three and surprise us.
I like the surprise choice.

I've been searching for a logo with no luck. Would like to find maybe an animated
spinning arrow.

Last edited:
The shield gold or the shield black with inner trim red and the outer trim gold.
Maybe the arrows blue as that represents our spinning arrows.

The shield gold or the shield black with inner trim red and the outer trim gold.
Maybe the arrows blue as that represents our spinning arrows.

I can't change the color cause these are pics i put together from the web... i did try though but it didn't work

Back