Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
So are the cars stock, or are they full on maxed out tuned?
The Shelby's should get an oil change and adjust your car within the guidlines: 570PP 700Hp and 1720 min. weight. Anything else that you want to do to your car beyond that is up to you as long as it fits into the above mentioned parameters. I would suggest that you do not install the flat floor option on your car as you will have to power limit the car to get it in. It doesn't show it but, the flat floor option adds about 30PP to your car but doesn't make it faster. It slows it down because you have to cut back on power. Let me know if you need anything else.

Like this:@Aeroba
crash-crash-bandicoot-31389756-405-310.jpg

Last edited:
The Shelby's should get an oil change and adjust your car within the guidlines: 570PP 700Hp and 1720 min. weight. Anything else that you want to do to your car beyond that is up to you as long as it fits into the above mentioned parameters. I would suggest that you do not install the flat floor option on your car as you will have to power limit the car to get it in. It doesn't show it but, the flat floor option adds about 30PP to your car but doesn't make it faster. It slows it down because you have to cut back on power. Let me know if you need anything else.
Yeah actually, is there a limit on tires?

Yeah actually, is there a limit on tires?
No tire restrictions,RH,RM,RS are all alright to use. I think that most people would be using a mix of those tires on race night. Ex: RM fronts RH rears, this is just an example but, you want to find what works for you and has the best wear characteristics. Pit stops cost you time. On a track that is turning 1.25.xxx sec. laps, if you take more pit stops than someone else @ :30 sec. per pit stop, you could lose the race because of poor planning rather than driver skill.

No tire restrictions,RH,RM,RS are all alright to use. I think that most people would be using a mix of those tires on race night. Ex: RM fronts RH rears, this is just an example but, you want to find what works for you and has the best wear characteristics. Pit stops cost you time. On a track that is turning 1.25.xxx sec. laps, if you take more pit stops than someone else @ :30 sec. per pit stop, you could lose the race because of poor planning rather than driver skill.
Oh, good. Cuz i just got the car and the first thing that happened was me spining out the rear tires. That description was right, this car is a beast.

Worked on my tune offline the last hour or so, I think I've got it handling much better than I did for the last one, much less front end pushing + more stable. Did a 1:21 flat on RS tires

569pp / 700hp/ 1,700kg/ 51:49

Ride height: 100/90
Spring Rate: 12.4/10.9
Dampers (comp.):6/8
Dampers (ext.):8/8
ARB: 5/5
Camb. + Toe @ 0
Brake Balance 6/8

Trans: 320 k/h
Diff. : 5/15/7
Power: 97.4% with computer + sports exhaust (oil change is worn out)

Aero: 20
Ballast: 163kg @ 50%
+ Stage 1 Weight reduction and Carbon hood

Missed the last couple races or so, did you guys end up doing the laguna seca stock car race? or is it still to come? Either way I have a stock car to race in now.

^JJG12345

Also the rules state that a tire compound change is required.
I don't remember Compound Change being a requirement,mandatory pit stop yes but, tire compound change, no.

I take it back, I do see in post #2 that tire type change is listed. That's going to change my strategy........................

:lol: What do you think BOSS?
Should we include in the rules that drivers should be familiar with the owners manual for the 2013 Shelby GT500?
I think this is largely decided on user discipline... or in my case lack there of.

Yeah, I did some testing with normal tire wear as well as the apricot 20 minute race, and I did the tuning/testing in free run with no wear. Only drove the RS tires to where they needed a stop (with normal wear), prolly gonna come to practice tonight and see how the RH + RM tires hold out and figure out my pit stops.

Not sure if i'm actually going to use the RS tires this time, last race they went down to the rims pretty fast on me haha.

Yeah, I did some testing with normal tire wear as well as the apricot 20 minute race, and I did the tuning/testing in free run with no wear. Only drove the RS tires to where they needed a stop (with normal wear), prolly gonna come to practice tonight and see how the RH + RM tires hold out and figure out my pit stops.

Not sure if i'm actually going to use the RS tires this time, last race they went down to the rims pretty fast on me haha.
Love your profile pic. Love Initial D

Till what time will practice go today?
I'm probably going to be stuck at work a little longer than I would like, but wanted to at least get to the track a bit with all you fine, fine gents before going in for real tomorrow.

Also, tomorrow will be my first race with people that seem to actually be decent and know what the hell they are doing.
I will be extra careful, but should I screw things up a bit, please accept my deepest apologies beforehand and please don't curse my mom too much. She does have a few moments when she's nice and everything.

:lol::lol: What do you think BOSS?
Should we include in the rules that drivers should be familiar with the owners manual for the 2013 Shelby GT500?

ADDED: Hmmmm, lookie at post #2.
At the bottom it has Paul Grey likes this. Hmmm. Hmmm, triple Hmmm, 4X Hmmm

Come in Paul Grey. Do you copy Paul Grey? Can you give me a likes this?
PaulGrey here over unger.....so I guess that I liked it but didn't read it properly. Changing compounds changes my thoughts on which tire to run. Guess I'm back where I started.............. "Do you like Gladiator movies Billy?"

Till what time will practice go today?
I'm probably going to be stuck at work a little longer than I would like, but wanted to at least get to the track a bit with all you fine, fine gents before going in for real tomorrow.

Also, tomorrow will be my first race with people that seem to actually be decent and know what the hell they are doing.
I will be extra careful, but should I screw things up a bit, please accept my deepest apologies beforehand and please don't curse my mom too much. She does have a few moments when she's nice and everything.
@Flip
Make sure that you send a FR to Tjger on the PSN so that you can find his room tonight. 7PM E.S.T. He will have the room set up the same way that the race room is set up on Thursday so that you can make the correct decisions about your set up. See you at the track."tomorrow will be my first race with people that seem to actually be decent and know what the hell they are doing" this part remains to be seen. LOL Stock.

@Flip
Make sure that you send a FR to Tjger on the PSN so that you can find his room tonight. 7PM E.S.T.

I can't send the friend request before later than that, so maybe that won't work (as you have to quit the game to do that - I think - ain't I wouldn't want to make him quit and all).
I'll try.
Would it work if he sent me a FR?

I can't send the friend request before later than that, so maybe that won't work (as you have to quit the game to do that - I think - ain't I wouldn't want to make him quit and all).
I'll try.
Would it work if he sent me a FR?
You don't have to quit the game to send a FR. You can do it within the game. I'll send you a FR when I get home from work and I'll also ask Tjger to do the same. Is this your PSN: flip_jj?

You don't have to quit the game to send a FR. You can do it within the game. I'll send you a FR when I get home from work and I'll also ask Tjger to do the same. Is this your PSN: flip_jj?

Yes it is.
I am much obliged and shall hurry up with this nonsense of working in order to at least get some track time tonight.

@Tjger
What's your vector Victor, I've got clearance Clarence, rodger Roger. I picked the wrong week to stop...(choose your own vice) Stock.

Last edited:
Back