Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

  • Thread starter Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
  • 631,589 views
a7eb19ae524e1d066fae16e5e7c0438c86fa321468cd3e3d0764731cf86f869c.jpg


As a side note, I'm wheel-less this week so I might actually be last.
 
Well it really starts with my college deciding that teaching through the summer is a great idea...(NOT). I had to be home last weekend for a go kart race, and in my rush to pack up from ES duties I may have forgotten the power adapter that provides force feedback and calibrates the wheel. Luckily I packed one DS3 just in case I needed it, so that's what I used on Sunday. Yes I was still fast, but those were slow cars so I wasn't killed by the turn in lag of the controller. So expect to see me in a sand trap and barrier or four.
 
what happened??

Where have you been Alex?

Well it really starts with my college deciding that teaching through the summer is a great idea...(NOT). I had to be home last weekend for a go kart race, and in my rush to pack up from ES duties I may have forgotten the power adapter that provides force feedback and calibrates the wheel. Luckily I packed one DS3 just in case I needed it, so that's what I used on Sunday. Yes I was still fast, but those were slow cars so I wasn't killed by the turn in lag of the controller. So expect to see me in a sand trap and barrier or four.

I'll see you in the sand my friend!!...........I mean the track!

I know I know double post but as you can see I'm trying to figure this posting thing out, sorry.
 
To answer @alcheng yes the actual race/qualifying runs start at 9 but we will still be doing some casual racing prior to that.
As far as being last, I think I'm officially throwing my hat in the ring. Unfortunately I have yet to be able to even run my F1 on the track. I still haven't even been able to change the oil from the last race. So I either better get crackin or you guys will ALL be seeing me in your rear view mirror.
except when you start to lap me of course which is when I'll tell my wife I'm way up front as everyone will be behind me at that time!!!:cheers:


THis just in:
I'm going to open a room now for some quick practice laps but it wont be open too long in case anyone wants to jump in for a few quick laps.

It's not going to end well for me tomorrow. Granted I only had about 20 minutes of practice time but my best lap time was 1:13:207. Where's @Blackmagic60 when ya need him.
 
Last edited:
What cars are you guys all using for that 500pp event?
i'd guess the top times in the world rankings are still from people using the Suzuki GSX?
Closely followed by the Mazda RX500?


I used the ZZ-II at the first time and can't get anything better than 1:11.xxx, got the gold thus I left...

then I saw things started to get interesting when you guys post-up all those crazy lap-times and talk...

I never like the GSX cos my driving style is not good enough for that MR...

spent and hour or two to tune it and get used to the car and track...

and luckily I won by a hair.... :lol:
 
It is GSX-R
I used the ZZ-II at the first time and can't get anything better than 1:11.xxx, got the gold thus I left...

then I saw things started to get interesting when you guys post-up all those crazy lap-times and talk...

I never like the GSX cos my driving style is not good enough for that MR...

spent and hour or two to tune it and get used to the car and track...

and luckily I won by a hair.... :lol:
I'm going to be back sooner than I thought. I might be able to squeeze in a few laps before the rankings close. :)
 
I'm going to be back sooner than I thought. I might be able to squeeze in a few laps before the rankings close. :)


great man!!! give it a try....

once I beat kingdom's time, i felt my job is done thus I left, I could probably squeeze another 0.150-0.300 if I get it really right.

arrr..... not thinking about that... gotta focus on the FGT tonight....

that thing is brutal....
 
I used the ZZ-II at the first time and can't get anything better than 1:11.xxx, got the gold thus I left...

then I saw things started to get interesting when you guys post-up all those crazy lap-times and talk...

I never like the GSX cos my driving style is not good enough for that MR...

spent and hour or two to tune it and get used to the car and track...

and luckily I won by a hair.... :lol:
At the first time I try with some cars and I got gold until some guys on my list using cheating car so "why not"
I'm going to be back sooner than I thought. I might be able to squeeze in a few laps before the rankings close. :)
I'm pretty sure you can squeeze some times for that
once I beat kingdom's time, i felt my job is done thus I left,
Same as me
Ah, yes.
Have a good race everyone. 👍
I should see you all next week. :cheers:
Miss you
 
I used the ZZ-II at the first time and can't get anything better than 1:11.xxx, got the gold thus I left...

then I saw things started to get interesting when you guys post-up all those crazy lap-times and talk...

I never like the GSX cos my driving style is not good enough for that MR...

spent and hour or two to tune it and get used to the car and track...

and luckily I won by a hair.... :lol:
It's not over yet! Or is it?
 
Thanks for letting me be last place brother! lol


As a side note, I'm wheel-less this week so I might actually be last.


what....??? what......???


last what??? last time I saw you two were 2nd and 3rd on the starting grid.... and spraying champagne on the podium.....

great job and congrats!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
 
what....??? what......???


last what??? last time I saw you two were 2nd and 3rd on the starting grid.... and spraying champagne on the podium.....

great job and congrats!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Let's not make terrible jokes about this statement, but my hands were so cramped after that I could barely open them for a couple minutes. The fact that I finished second was a miracle, and if I hadn't figured out that you had to do 2 stops in the last half I surely would have been 4th or 5th. Concentration level in that race was probably the most intense since you and I raced at Spa for the endurance win.

I still can't get over that 5 second lead I handed away to you in that race... :cheers:
 
Let's not make terrible jokes about this statement, but my hands were so cramped after that I could barely open them for a couple minutes. The fact that I finished second was a miracle, and if I hadn't figured out that you had to do 2 stops in the last half I surely would have been 4th or 5th. Concentration level in that race was probably the most intense since you and I raced at Spa for the endurance win.

I still can't get over that 5 second lead I handed away to you in that race... :cheers:


I do actually much respect to your performance last night with a DS3!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

it's already difficult to go through those double-hairpin and med-bends, on top of that with a FGT... 👍👍 to you!


I thought I would settle for 4th or even lower when I saw the three of you ran away so quickly at the beginning, but then after two pit-stops I notice I am running a longer stint than you and kingdom therefore I stop less than you two...

But my driving errors cost me the race last night... with the 2 costly off track mistakes... oh well..... :banghead::banghead:
 
Last edited:
I do actually much respect to your performance last night with a DS3!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

it's already difficult to go through those double-hairpin and med-bends, on top of that with a FGT... 👍👍 to you!


I thought I would settle for 4th or even lower when I saw the three of you ran away so quickly at the beginning, but then after two pit-stops I notice I am running a longer stint than you and kingdom therefore I stop less than you two...

But my driving errors cost me the race last night... with the 2 costly off track mistakes... oh well..... :banghead::banghead:
Yes! thank you for being so kind and forfeit your third place for me in order to get points in the championship! You are the best Canadian from Chinatown that I know, just like BBQ pork! The best lol.
 
Just wanted to jump on here a couple days late and also say congrats to @Blackmagic60 for making us all look bad at Indy. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the second place finisher was about 55 minutes behind!!!! And that's in a 1 hour race but don't ask me how he did it. I was in the back of the pack and finished 2 hours and 27 minutes back. There's some funky math going on there but that's what I recall.:cheers:
 
Just wanted to jump on here a couple days late and also say congrats to @Blackmagic60 for making us all look bad at Indy. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the second place finisher was about 55 minutes behind!!!! And that's in a 1 hour race but don't ask me how he did it. I was in the back of the pack and finished 2 hours and 27 minutes back. There's some funky math going on there but that's what I recall.:cheers:


I think this is how he did it:


Breaking%20the%20Sound%20Barrier.gif



:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
 
Back