Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
I'm all for a LeMans race. Maybe this coming Thursday we spread out the PP limit a bit more instead of sticking in the mid to upper 500's.
On another note and more of a reply to Flip; you guys should see my PS3 dual shock controller. I have all kinds of additional buttons on it ranging from "BTL" to "SG" and anything in between such as an Tire Air Redistributor. I can also add drag to opponents cars without them knowing. I know, I know, you're all wondering why I still manage to end up towards the back of the class in the endo races. All I can say is that I do have a conscience so we'll leave it at that. I can still sleep at night.
Oh yeah, BTL is Boot The Leader and SG is Syphon Gas.
And the button that's just a picture of Paul Walker's face; aka the ejection seat.

Great racing last night guys. Spa was fun. Still unsure how Tarkus can wear down his tires to the rim while running the same regs. as the rest of us. Maybe his ride height is so low that the tires are scrubbing off on the underside of his wheel-wells. Oh well, guess we'll never know. I also want to send out my condolences to Flip and his pit crew. 95% done with the race and his car just disappears (just like Tarkus wanted, he he he). Next week, I would like to donate all of my winnings to the "Flip, we hardly knew you fund" because he ran every race and walked home pennyless or so it seemed. And just a shout out to all of the drivers who made the evening fun:JJG,Flip,Mc(see what I did there)Cap,Teamwork and of course our exalted leader Tarkus who makes all this fun possible. See you all on the track. Stock.

Great racing last night guys. Spa was fun. Still unsure how Tarkus can wear down his tires to the rim while running the same regs. as the rest of us. Maybe his ride height is so low that the tires are scrubbing off on the underside of his wheel-wells. Oh well, guess we'll never know. I also want to send out my condolences to Flip and his pit crew. 95% done with the race and his car just disappears (just like Tarkus wanted, he he he). Next week, I would like to donate all of my winnings to the "Flip, we hardly knew you fund" because he ran every race and walked home pennyless or so it seemed. And just a shout out to all of the drivers who made the evening fun:JJG,Flip,Mc(see what I did there)Cap,Teamwork and of course our exalted leader Tarkus who makes all this fun possible. See you all on the track. Stock.
Ha ha stock you crispy little gizzard.
Call me McChicken ha ha.
I would donate to Flip. That was a rough break for him, been there. If only it were like pokemon and we could give him a gold nugget.
Or buy him a PSN credit for GT Cash.

Wasn't intended to be dark. In "2 Fast 2 Furious" Paul's character had a Camaro with ejection seats. I can see how it would be considered dark. My bad, sincerely.

It's really really sad to say that the reason why I didn't think that is because Walker never fires the ejection seat and therefore I only remembered the other car with the "EJECTO SEAT, CUS!" bit from the black dude I don't know the name of.
So yeah, that was a rather sad part of my brain.
I'll go light myself on fire now...

Ha ha stock you crispy little gizzard.
Call me McChicken ha ha.
I would donate to Flip. That was a rough break for him, been there. If only it were like pokemon and we could give him a gold nugget.
Or buy him a PSN credit for GT Cash.

Well, after we disconnected I ran a Like the Wind, a Nascar race and made about $400k in 8 minutes. So the money from the races really doesn't matter. I'll take the donations, though...
Pit crew was unhappy, very unhappy. They were looking forward to a night out in the bars after a podium finish. Then they could all hit on hot Belgium chicks and all claim they were the ones driving.

What really bothered me was that I had the car running right again (RM weren't working, so my middle stint was poor), I had gotten the gap to Stock down to what I thought he would lose in the pits and had a chance to compete. That really pissed me off. Especially after I got out and looking at the race info, I saw that I had a best lap that was a bit faster than Stock's so if it got down to it, I could at least get on his tail (assuming I could pass JJG) and had a nice battle to the finish, maybe even the three of us.
That was the biggest bummer.

The NASCAR race was just funny. Come on, that was high comedy. I couldn't *@#$&%^ believe it...

The racing was absolutely a blast. I may not be able to race this Thursday, but I'll try nonetheless.

Hopefully after everyone's hangover has passed, we'll see some action photos.:cheers:
Maybe a starting grid line up.💡
Maybe a podium photo with the winning cars.💡

Maybe a few action shots from the pits:idea:

Because right now what I'm reading sounds like a bunch of fire-flies during mating season. :eek::eek:

:gtpflag:

Hopefully after everyone's hangover has passed, we'll see some action photos.:cheers:

I think I might have saved replay of the NASCAR race, I'm not sure. I'll check once I'm back from the beach.
I couldn't save the Main Event due to aforementioned kicking out.

Sorry about the going to the beach bit...

My phone has been ringing all morning; Gatorade wants to send you a check for "the move of the race"

Do I get a lifetime supply of their stuff? So I can BE FROM WITHIN or whatever their slogan is these days?

And which move was that? Being kicked out while trying for a podium finish or running out of fuel in 1st place with 1% of the race to go?

Do I get a lifetime supply of their stuff? So I can BE FROM WITHIN or whatever their slogan is these days?

And which move was that? Being kicked out while trying for a podium finish or running out of fuel in 1st place with 1% of the race to go?
The move was quitting the race, and doing a nascar race that won you multiple times the winnings. Good for the budget.

Maybe a few action shots from the pits:idea:

Because right now what I'm reading sounds like a bunch of fire-flies during mating season. :eek::eek:

:gtpflag:
I'll see what I can do.......

The move was quitting the race, and doing a nascar race that won you multiple times the winnings. Good for the budget.

I try to do that every other time I play, just to keep the money up, so if I need to buy something, I have money.
Yesterday I had to buy a couple of cars for an event and so the strategy worked already.

I try to do that every other time I play, just to keep the money up, so if I need to buy something, I have money.
Yesterday I had to buy a couple of cars for an event and so the strategy worked already.
I just expanded the fleet. In the process of specialty tuning / retuning 4 FTO LM's. Bought 2 yesterday

Breaking News, just in from Race Control:
April 17th (our next Thursday racetime) is the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang.
As a tribute to the old horse, we're having a fun run. Not a full out Endurance race but, a longer casual pp race.
15 laps @ Grand Valley Reverse.
570PP limit (to allow anyone in the club to use their previous Shelby)
No HP limit
No W8 limit
RS tires, no need for a compound change. (fun run remember)
Normal tire and fuel wear
There are a total of 9 Mustang variants in the game.
Choose your steed and bring him to battle.
Mustang V8GT '07
443PP
Mustang GT '05 451PP
Mustang GT350 '65 454PP
Mustang Mach 1 '71 453PP
Mustang GT350R '65 455PP
Mustang Cobra R '00 476PP
Mustang Boss 302 '13 500PP
Mustang Transcammer '70 544PP
Mustang Shelby '13 558PP

The more variety, the better.
Let's throw a Birthday bash for this one trick pony.
More details to follow.........

ford-approved-image-1.jpg

As a general announcement from Management:
What are the drivers thoughts of switching the endurance racing vehicles for every event?
This is opposed to the original setup we were running, 2 races per vehicle choice / 2 endurance events per month with the same vehicle used in both.
Switching vehicles more frequently will keep things interesting, both race wise and preparation wise. I have witnessed a lot of generosity from players dealing with the tuning of new vehicles, I feel it can be done.

Here's what I could cook up from the NASCAR race.
The replay didn't export properly and I don't want to figure that out now, so I'll own you that one...

And yes, I didn't include the bit from the finish where I was limping in with no fuel.

Jimmy Johnson's Wet Dream:
20140413_0.jpg

End of First Lap:
20140413_1.jpg

JJ with the car that makes everyone hungry for some chocolate:
20140413_2.jpg

Another shot of JJ as he barrels down the straight with heat behind him (the outside move did work out this time):
20140413_3.jpg

JJ lives his wet dream. He has more wins and championships than down near any driver.

I had no idea (don't follow NASCAR). Gotta respect a man that outdoes the competition so thoroughly.
He deserves his wet dreams.
6 chips and 66 wins is pretty impressive.

Great post/comments (from all) and thanks for highlight pics of the NASCAR race. It (last Thursday Night Racing) was definitely worth blowing off my MC meeting. Now, I can't wait for this week's race night because I cannibalized my old race seat setup and built a new one that is x100 better and more comfortable. The last one was a prototype that had too many flaws..... The biggest issue was the (flexing) wheel mount, foot peddles and chair being thee different pieces and if I was fighting to prevent a spin, something would move out of place and it would be like driving with damage.... The first drive in the new race seat was perfect !!!! Here's some pictures....

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 5
mckeag53 post #231

As a general announcement from Management:
What are the drivers thoughts of switching the endurance racing vehicles for every event?
This is opposed to the original setup we were running, 2 races per vehicle choice / 2 endurance events per month with the same vehicle used in both.
Switching vehicles more frequently will keep things interesting, both race wise and preparation wise. I have witnessed a lot of generosity from players dealing with the tuning of new vehicles, I feel it can be done.

It's doable if our drivers have the credit cash to switch cars at a moments notice.
The two Shelby GT500 match ups were only used to help anyone with low cash in their bank accounts. Another reason why the numbers were kept low. Limit tuning and the cost of performance parts.
Since GT 6 has the Shelby GT 500 as an Anny car that helped too.

We must always consider the drivers who don't have an unlimited amount of time to raise cash/sponsors.

For starters, start tracking what our drivers ask for on Casual night(s) and watch what they bring to the track.
If we can find what tickles their 'stick' then we'll be successful with future races both Casual and the endurance events.

You could also setup an Main Event starting at 7:00PM EST on our Casual night. Make it under an hour long. Then close the room and have everyone jump over to our normal Casual Night racing. Drivers would then have four endurance(Main Events) per month verses two.

"Tickle their stick." Now that's funny I don't care who you are.

Last edited:
Great post/comments (from all) and thanks for highlight pics of the NASCAR race. It (last Thursday Night Racing) was definitely worth blowing off my MC meeting. Now, I can't wait for this week's race night because I cannibalized my old race seat setup and built a new one that is x100 better and more comfortable. The last one was a prototype that had too many flaws..... The biggest issue was the (flexing) wheel mount, foot peddles and chair being thee different pieces and if I was fighting to prevent a spin, something would move out of place and it would be like driving with damage.... The first drive in the new race seat was perfect !!!! Here's some pictures....

First, no worries about the pictures. It's the least I can do as repayment for a great night of racing.

Second, holy crap I'm ashamed to show my set up (hint: it involves a repurposed pink Hello Kitty chair...).

Third, a question: isn't the pedal position hard for longer races? I don't know how tall you are, but it looks like you'd have a slightly weird position with the pedals inclined like that.
I'm trying to figure out how to move out of said Hello Kitty chair and one of the things that is currently screwing up my project is the proper angle for the pedal stand. I've seen people that hack the whole thing and mount it inverted, all sorts of angles, but still unsure.

Third, a question: isn't the pedal position hard for longer races? I don't know how tall you are, but it looks like you'd have a slightly weird position with the pedals inclined like that.
I'm trying to figure out how to move out of said Hello Kitty chair and one of the things that is currently screwing up my project is the proper angle for the pedal stand. I've seen people that hack the whole thing and mount it inverted, all sorts of angles, but still unsure.

I am only 5'-7". But the foot board distance from the seat is adjustable. I used a through bolt with a wing-nut so it can slide forward and back. I'll post a better pic of it tonight to show the adjustment and foot position. I played around with different angles and found that the 45 deg. was the most comfortable. My heels rest on the base with knees bent.

I am only 5'-7". But the foot board distance from the seat is adjustable. I used a through bolt with a wing-nut so it can slide forward and back. I'll post a better pic of it tonight to show the adjustment and foot position. I played around with different angles and found that the 45 deg. was the most comfortable. My heels rest on the base with knees bent.

I see that, now that you mention it.
My issue is the long legs, it's hard to find a position that fits the legs and also doesn't get in the way of the TV (which is more on the low side), without screwing up the knee-ankle-feet position, so I'm currently looking into a position that kind of looks like an F1 cockpit, only not as lying down as they have.

Latest Posts

Back