Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
Great running last night.... Sorry I had to bail just when we were getting started. I hope to be on a few more times before Thursday.

Ok, guys whats up?
It's Tuesday morning and I don't see any announcement sheet of the thursday night 'Main Event.'
Am I missing something?
There was discussion that race tires were not to be used. Is this confirmed?
Tire wear/Fuel wear is set at what?
Rain? Spa has weather. Anyone look at the weather forecast?
Time Progression?
Penalty system?
Laps?
Damage?
Are we running a Practice session followed by a Qualifying session, then the Race?
How is the grid order being decided?

The 3 basic numbers were finalized two days after the last 'Main Event.' Last month.
If there were any tweaking required, the Announce sheet should have been presented to the race director before last week's casual night. Then the Announcement should have been posted the friday morning after.
Why is it taking so long to put together a Main Event announcement sheet so drivers can prepare?
My week nights are very limited now. Weekends are my only time to prepare.

Hopefully in the future a more concentrated effort can be put into informing the drivers both present and new comers.
A set time schedule would be nice.
So sorry guys I will be not be racing thursaday night.

Congartes to the future winner. It was a tough race and you deserved the victory.

1. MRTeam

Mar 29, 2014
    Ok, here's our plan for the Main Event scheduled for April 10th.
    JJG12345 has picked the following cars.
    Toyota
    The Toyota Gazoo Racing 86#166 '12
    86 Race Car Base Model '12
    86 GT 15th Anniv Edition '12
    86 Racing '13
    Subaru
    BRZ S '12
    SCION
    FR-S '12

PP limit: 515
    HP limit 400
    Weight 1030

Laps at the moment are discussed at 25-30. Tire wear/ Fuel...Fast

All the numbers allow for a multitude of tuning options yet keeping the overall cost low. Roughly total costs: 200,000 credits. So sell some furniture, give blood, and rent out the kids.

These are just the Toyota models.

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_1-jpg.134407

Forums were the agreed form of updates by Tarkus. I posted the events for last thursday yet upper management did not follow them. Idc it's just a game. Figured you had this all ironed out with what is quoted in the above message. If the error was that I didn't merely copy and paste the above information earlier then there was clearly a mis communication.
Management seemed to have taken this off my plate so I figured anything I could have done would have just caused confusion.

Forums were the agreed form of updates by Tarkus. I posted the events for last thursday yet upper management did not follow them. Idc it's just a game. Figured you had this all ironed out with what is quoted in the above message. If the error was that I didn't merely copy and paste the above information earlier then there was clearly a mis communication.
Management seemed to have taken this off my plate so I figured anything I could have done would have just caused confusion.
On top of that tarkus has chosen to additionally send out a message On PSN

A sub room/private room was setup in this forum to discuss upcoming events and the direction of the club.
Unfortunately it died. I'll take the blame.
You are upper managenment. I stepped down. I'm just a pieon driver now.

What was posted on March 29 was the initial plan. That is what is referred to as the transistion point between two individuals. I stepped down and you stepped up. My fault. Sorry I'll take the blame.
Tarkus1 is the Race Director and you are now the Race Organizer. It is your rspondsibitlty to put it ALL together.
Finalize it and forward it to the BOSS. After he approves it. Post it for the world to see.

Tarkus1 doesn't have time to do it all.
Unfortunately my previous posts explaining things weren't taken seriously enough to avoid this mess. My fault again.

For now the water is under the bridge.
So gather yourself together, get with tarkus1, stockerace, JJG12345, and any other drivers. They are your allies. Use them wisely.

Last thursday night.
I don't have a Rally car. My Viper Oreca is busted up after our race at Tokyo and the body shop wants 500,000 to fix it. My NASCAR is still stuck in the infield at Daytona.

In the future I would like to see the other drivers informed of up coming races on some sort of schedule. Not this.. oh yeah here's the plan.

The descision has been made and IT'S been finalized by my BOSS and Team Owner. We will not be racing this thursday night.

Again Congrates to the Main Event winner(s).

Ok, now that I have ruffled everyone's feathers.
This is my peon driver view of what I want.

Friday before 6:00 PM EST I want to see(posted) what's planned for next week's Casual night.
I suggested an open night where everyone can voice their chose of races. "You ask for it, You got it night."
No planning required. In fact it mirrors the original post that tarkus1 used when starting this club.
Just a quick announcement stating something along the lines of "bring and run it." Our drivers are our club'strength.

Saturday The Race organizer with the help of any individuals who want to participate will begin formulating the next 'Main Event.' I don't care how the Main Event numbers are decided. I suggested the 1st, 2nd, and last across the line.
Use whatever you guys want. Try something different.

Wednesday which is four days.
Wednesday The BOSS is informed and after receiving approval the 'Main Event' Announcement Sheet is posted. It will be posted with a repeat of what's planned for Thursday night. The BOSS holds all the FRs. All he needs to do is send out a PSN message stating......."Read post #?? for all the details. That's it. No more.

The 'Main Event Announcement Sheet' will contain ALL information that drivers can use to prepare themselves.
Create a format which can be downloaded, printed or captured with a camera or other thingy device.
I want to see everything from tire wear to tire restrictions. Pit stops, Penalties, Damage, Weather, all of it.

Hmm, that's Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday before the next Main Event. Eight days for drivers to prepare themselves for the next Main Event.

Now just take my above suggestions and repeat them for the next week and so on and so on.

The bottom line. I want our club to grow and eventually have our races moved/posted in the 'Race times for Clubs, Leagues & Race Series. 💡

Now enough finger talking. I invite the other drivers to express their thoughts even it means to state I'm crazy and I need to get lost.

I don't think your crazy at all. I just don't know how many people in the club get their info from GTP vs. Tarkus' e-mail on PSN. If everyone looks to this thread for their info (and they should) this would be perfect. I second your motion. Lets see how the others respond.

tarkus1's post started this club so I would think it can still be used to inform everyone. I made a promise I would not over task the BOSS by nagging him about the little details. "BOSS here's the plan, look it over and I'll posted."
All you need to type on the PSN is post # has all the details. Simple.
My Main complaint is the news is not being posted in a timely fashion or a scheduled matter early enough so everyone can plan accordingly.
Thats what I would like to see. So folks can plan to either join us or skip a night to enjoy family time or...

I enjoy our Casual nights BIG time. Thats the number #1 reason I joined. We show up and race what we have. Seven days to go before Casual Night. I actually marked my calendar. Now thats crazy. I don't care who you are.

The Main Event nights are still my passion too.
Last thursday night I got hit with the list of things we were going to do....on a Casual Night.
I'm sorry guys but driving at 270+ MPH with my HARDS on and looking at your rear ends is not good. Three laps of rear ends. I don't care if you're Jack from State Farm.
Rally car to drive in the snow? I don't have one.
NASCAR with 50% restrictor plates. I tryed that and got passed by a Kart 125.
600 PP at a short track?

If this is the plan for future Casual Nights. Let me know well in advance so I can purchase the required vehicles.
I still have my favorite Viper Oreca busted up. I do have the primary #51 Viper Oreca, but that car is being preped for a future 'Main Event.'

Main Event
I just want a complete agenda stating what we are going to race.
I think the other drivers deserve that too.

The Toyoburu Enduro @ Spa is this Thursday Night @ around 9pm E.S.T.
This will be a 35 Lap race around the famed circuit during dusk. Time at event start is 17:00pm, Time change is set to x3. The forecast predicts that we will have a comfortable evening with no rain as the sun sets and the stars start to appear in the night sky. This race will have a manditory pit stop but, this race will probably require 2 pits to complete the event. Even with tire wear on Fast, everyone will be watching their fuel supply more so than their tires. The cars are very light and not very overpowered so tire wear is very minimal. Please note that there is a tire compound change required during your run. You don't have to but, you will be accessed a penalty if you choose not to change compounds(Markasouris,sp). I think RS and RM should be enough. I think that RH will lose you to much time per lap in the long run. Hoping for a good turn out this week, maybe get a couple of regulars back in the fold. Good luck to everyone and keep it between the ditches. Stock.

The Main Event nights are still my passion too.

I'm sorry guys but driving at 270+ MPH with my HARDS on and looking at your rear ends is not good. Three laps of rear ends. It was just one lap, you know, the old 300mph run at Route X
Rally car to drive in the snow? I don't have one. It was a one-make race using provided cars
NASCAR with 50% restrictor plates. We just ran our typical 25 lap run around Daytona, nothing special w/ restrictor plates
If this is the plan for future Casual Nights. Let me know well in advance so I can purchase the required vehicles. Don't jump to conclusions, this was a typical Casual Thursday.
I still have my favorite Viper Oreca busted up. I do have the primary #51 Viper Oreca, but that car is being preped for a future 'Main Event.'
Main Event
I just want a complete agenda stating what we are going to race. Will do
I think the other drivers deserve that too.Future events are going to be more streamlined. This is a learning process for all involved please bear with us during the growing pains. We are all striving for the Big Leagues even if we're only in the Minors right now. Stock.

Quite impressive and back on track. I like it.
I left somewhere a post outlining 'how' a Main Event Announcement Sheet could be used to present the details to all the drivers.

I may attend the 'Main Event' thursday night, but won't be driving.
My Team owner has made the final descision. I'm attempting to acquire my slow A-10C and make arrangements with MAC to provide in flight refueling. The Team is staying behind planning for next weeks Casual Night.

April 17th is the 50th Anny of the Ford Mustang. So in hopes of having a balanced night the Team is prepping the Mustangs that we have. So Hint, Hint, I don't care what is planned, my Team will try to match a car as close as possible to the magic numbers. Even if it means purchasing additional Mustangs.

At the present. I will be late getting to the track pending air field parking and a rental car. Also MAC has two other aircraft scheduled ahead of mine. Yeah..... tail pipe, grass, or cash, nobody flys for free.

____|OoO|____
Fear the Hog especially if I'm flying. Why? because my gun is HARD.

Well, speaking as one of the new guys, I would humbly add the following:

- Haven't managed to fully compete in a Main Event (kicked out on lap 6 of the only one so far), but at that one, the info was pretty solid and I was ready for it. I did check the thread while at my driving station, so I could check and re-check everything. Seems to be enough, but I wouldn't complain about a Main Event Announcement Sheet that I could use as reference, of course.
I am very excited to compete in this week's event, hoping that the connection will hold.

- Casual nights are fun, I have very much enjoyed them, especially the "run whatever you have" part of it. I've gotten severely out-HPed in two of them, yes, but it was fun nonetheless. Comparing it to my other online experiences, it's light years ahead of anything so far.

- I've prepped the car for Spa, not getting the lap times I wish yet, but another round of laps and a bit more tuning and I should be ready to at least not embarrass myself tomorrow.

Lastly, and most importantly, the thing I've been more pleased with was to find some fellas that are interested in racing but also in enjoying their limited time at the wheel in a clean, fun manner.
Surprisingly it's hard to find and so, for that, I thank all of you. It has increased my enjoyment of the new toy.

See you all at the track soon.

The Announcement Sheet.
April 10th Main Event.

Track is Sap-Francochamps.
Cars to raced are huh, huh, I'll edit as a figure it out. For now review post #155.

Now for the settings which can be used to create a last minute practice session.

Basic Settings: Practice Race Friends Only

Room Settings: Room Comment......"Spa need I say more."

Race Type: Race for Fun... really? Ok

Fixed Room Host: No

Max number of participate 16

Race Quality: Please please 4 stars

Voice Chat: Standard

Course Settings: Spa Francochamps

Weather: Forecasted No rain or any unusual weather patterns expected.
The track will be dry.

Time: The race will begin at 17:00 Local

Time Progression: 3 The race length will lead into some night driving.

Laps: 35

Weather changeability: Fixed, again no rain is forecasted

Surface water: 0% dry

Race Settings:

Start Type: Grid

Grid Order: TBD by the Race Director

Boost: OFF

Penalty: Our normal setting which I believe was light.

Tire Wear/Fuel Wear: Fast

Grip Reduction: Low

Minimum Pit stop: 1

Require Tire Type: ON

Race Finish Delay: 120 seconds

Visible Damage: OFF

Mechanical Damage: Light

Slip Stream: Real

Car Selection: Garage

Car Filters: Disabled. Review post 155 for the car list.

Filter by Performance: 515 PP, 400 HP, Weight 1030

Drive Train: All highlighted for now

Tires: No Limit

Nitrous: Disabled

Tuning: Unlimited

Notes of Importance:
You must change the tire compound at least once to avoid receiving a 50 second penalty. With that said you can stagger your tire choses and swap them out based on your strategy.
To put it simply you can change out the front tire compounds and keep the same compound for the rears.
On the next pit stop you must swap out the tire compounds on the rears and can keep the same compounds for the fronts. You can not keep the same compounds on either the fronts or rears for the entire race.

Practice your pit entry and learn it's location.

Hopefully this can be printed out or what ever to be used be all drivers.

In closing I hope to get this information to you drivers as fast as possible.

Congrates to the winner(s) and the drivers who made it tough for them to win.
A little redundant don't you think.

Ok, what would like trimmed?
This is the setting menu in the game.
I understand that. I just don't know why some of that info is pertinent. No nitrous, yeah, we know. Visible damage Off, well OK. Boost off, isn't that how we always do it. I could go on....I guess I should have said "overkill don't you think?"

You have a point.
In the future those could be trimmed into something as 'understood settings.' Sort of like your car must have an engine to compete.

ADDED: Have you tried to copy and paste with the attempt to print it out? Ok it can be captured by the drivers.

ADDED: Ok it fill two pages. At least for me using the Edit my post feature.
Not trying to poke the tiger in the cage. It's all good. Less finger talkey more racy racy

Well, speaking as one of the new guys, I would humbly add the following:

- Haven't managed to fully compete in a Main Event (kicked out on lap 6 of the only one so far), but at that one, the info was pretty solid and I was ready for it. I did check the thread while at my driving station, so I could check and re-check everything. Seems to be enough, but I wouldn't complain about a Main Event Announcement Sheet that I could use as reference, of course.
I am very excited to compete in this week's event, hoping that the connection will hold.

- Casual nights are fun, I have very much enjoyed them, especially the "run whatever you have" part of it. I've gotten severely out-HPed in two of them, yes, but it was fun nonetheless. Comparing it to my other online experiences, it's light years ahead of anything so far.

- I've prepped the car for Spa, not getting the lap times I wish yet, but another round of laps and a bit more tuning and I should be ready to at least not embarrass myself tomorrow.

Lastly, and most importantly, the thing I've been more pleased with was to find some fellas that are interested in racing but also in enjoying their limited time at the wheel in a clean, fun manner.
Surprisingly it's hard to find and so, for that, I thank all of you. It has increased my enjoyment of the new toy.

See you all at the track soon.
To finish first you must first finish.

Look at the bottom half of post 167.
That's what I do and I've been kicked from any race.

I've tried it and it did help a bit.
Yesterday, though, I got kicked out of a room in which I was by myself (to get the tire and fuel wear just right), so that was fun...

I'm also getting a new modem today (increasing speed), so that should help too. We'll see what happens tonight!

Back