Spinning Arrows Club. Thursday night casual racing.Open 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 12,627 comments
United States
Bel Air/Md/US
tarkus1
This is the first post for what is basically a continuation of the "Looking for new racers" thread (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looking-for-new-racers.297307/).
Under this new post we will address all questions, concerns, etc. related to the Thursday evening events as well as post new information pertaining to said events such as which particular car to use, HP limits, etc.

Or simply scroll down to post no.2 where each week we list an agenda of the upcoming races.

Also please have a look at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spinning arrows club if you would like to have a look at some of the races we typically offer.

I would also like to point to this link as it demonstrates the quality of racers we have gathered as you'll see going into corner no.1. What I find very impressive is that there's hardly any paint being traded in this first turn. Very CLEAN racing by all.

more examples of Spinning Arrows fun:

Last edited:
New info pertaining to the future of S.A.C.

As of 8-24-16, Spinning Arrows will no longer be officially supporting GT6 in the usual Thursday evening casual races. Basically due to lower interest, we have decided to run the casual nights more freely. I will not be hosting these on a regular basis although I will still be around.
I would like to leave THursday evenings (or really any time) as a night where we can post on this site that we will be available and whoever shows up can reply on the site. An example would be next tuesday I say I'm planning on racing Thursday at 8 if anyone is interested. If I get any takers, then I would host a race. This would go for anyone.
The website will remain active and we can all still communicate there with regards to upcoming events, or delayed BBQ pork deliveries, etc.
The reason for this is basically a lack of interest in GT6 lately with more and more people moving to PS4. I am also fine with the SAC name being carried over to PS4. I do not have one yet but most likely will once NEO is released as well as GTS. Maybe we pick up where we left off with many new PS4 racers but for now, things are going to be even MORE casual.

On another note, we ARE still planning on some events and although the next date has not been finalized, we're looking at early to mid September for a NASCAR event at Daytona. This will be very real, complete with tire wear, heavy damage, etc. Fortunately most of you should already have a car ready for this. Even I do this time. Details are still forthcoming.

Like I said, I will be around and most likely still racing with you often, or at least hopefully, but just in case, it has been a pleasure to race with you all over the past few years.
Anyway, enough of that and maybe I'll see you on the track in a week or so. I'm out for this week anyway.

**************:cheers::gtpflag::cheers:********************
Next main event info TBD:

Last edited:
I assume he means Tarkus
Thank you jeeves
2agteae.jpg

After some testing @ Apricot Hill, for this weeks Enduro, it seems that gearing and tire selection will play a big part in the outcome of this race. Choose wisely. This snake can bite you if your not careful.

Who should I inquire with to speak to the 'boss'
Go ahead and start thinking of something cool that you think the group would enjoy and run it by me, eh-hem, I mean "the boss", and we can make it happen. One thing to note is that we don't want to go too crazy with cars in case some people don't have the high end cars or the cash to get one. I, crap, I did it again. I mean, the BOSS is looking forward to what you propose. Hold off on your "report" though until after this weeks event as Tjger has stated previously.

I sure hope this isn't how you guys picture me. If so I'll have to make some changes to the voice settings on the ps3
People can be downright scary with the voice changer.
PS: that character is a great racer seriously. It's how I picture myself lol. She has a line "thank you jeeves"

After some testing @ Apricot Hill, for this weeks Enduro, it seems that gearing and tire selection will play a big part in the outcome of this race. Choose wisely. This snake can bite you if your not careful.
Gearing? Suspension?? I thought I was cheating when I equipped sports suspension! Stock transmission as well. This series can be as pricy as you want it to be really

I want to say that I highly recommend people take advantage of Tjgers offer. It makes a huge difference and most people there are willing to help out with tunings, etc. as needed. This is a race of course and competitive but it's certainly not cut-throat.

Gearing? Suspension?? I thought I was cheating when I equipped sports suspension! Stock transmission as well. This series can be as pricy as you want it to be really
I always add any parts that don't affect PP because, well why not. As tracks change, so do your gearing needs and suspension settings. I always try and adjust to the track. What worked for me @ Bathurst, didn't work @ Apricot Hill. I'll try and meet up with you online later, if your on.

The first spinning arrows endurance race we did I was still unsure of how tight GT6's rules and regs were. I can tune my car ok, I just enjoy the driving really

Tarkus1, did you get my friend request? First one I'm doing, so I'm unsure if I screwed that one up.
I was hoping to meet you all at the track this week already.

Tarkus1, did you get my friend request? First one I'm doing, so I'm unsure if I screwed that one up.
I was hoping to meet you all at the track this week already.
Tarkus1 usually signs on at about 7PM E.S.T. if your not friended by tonight, resend your request. I'm sure he'll have you friended soon.

Back