Looking for new racersOpen 

• Thread starter tarkus1
  • 265 comments
United States
Bel Air/Md/US
tarkus1
Hi Everyone,
Myself and a couple friends get together online and race every Thursday night starting at 8pm (EST) and we're always looking for new racers to come in and join the fun. We don't take it too seriously although we do race cleanly. Of course a little bumping and exchanging some paint is going to happen so expect that. We typically all decide on a track and a PP limit and have at it. So pretty much each race location and car type is up for a vote. like I said earlier, nothing too serious, just some friends having a blast racing fairly cleanly and showing off their latest cars. In addition, there's no requirement to show up each week. Come on in and if you like it, stick around. If not, there's no obligation.
A headset is recommended but definitely not required. It just makes the friendly trash talking and general communication easier.
My PSN is as above; tarkus1. Hope to see you on the track Thursday.

Hi Everyone,
Myself and a couple friends get together online and race every Thursday night starting at 8pm (EST) and we're always looking for new racers to come in and join the fun. We don't take it too seriously although we do race cleanly. Of course a little bumping and exchanging some paint is going to happen so expect that. We typically all decide on a track and a PP limit and have at it. So pretty much each race location and car type is up for a vote. like I said earlier, nothing too serious, just some friends having a blast racing fairly cleanly and showing off their latest cars. In addition, there's no requirement to show up each week. Come on in and if you like it, stick around. If not, there's no obligation.
A headset is recommended but definitely not required. It just makes the friendly trash talking and general communication easier.
My days off of work are wednesday and thursday so this works out great for me, but im normally up early on any given day as well so ill follow you so i can jump into your races. follow ME!

Sounds great. Looking forward to having a bit of a larger group that pretty much has the same racing interests as us.

Dude I got your reply on my thread. Very cool to invite, sending u friend request , Thursday night is great for me because its almost Friday. I'll c u Thursday.

I'l join, here's my psn id

regor31

I just got two questions
1. how long are you guys on?
2. Do you guys do endurance races, if so how many laps?

I am always looking for new people to run online races with. I race as clean as possible and always have fun. typically online after 830p till 11p EST.

PSN- The1WingAngel

Hi All. We're always looking for new people to come join the races. We typically start about 8 and can end up anywhere between 11 and 1am (EST) but of course that depends on how much fun we're all having and how many people are actually there. I'll also mention it again that there's no real set time. Everyone is welcome to show up and leave as they like between those times. So I'll make sure to send a friend request out so you can join but in the meantime I'll go ahead and answer the other question I haven't yet addressed. We have not done any endurance races YET but we try and keep things open. If part of the group suggests it and there's no general grumbling we can always try it. Some of the best races I've had in GT5 have been long laps at Daytona Speedway with a large group. Most of what we do now is someone suggests a track and a PP level and we then take another few minutes to get the proper car and get the feel of how she handles. Then I'll start the actual race. It's usually about 5 minutes from the time the track is decided upon till actual race time.

And I could have just seen this! I will send the FR I am always on too so after 9pm EST.

Edit
No headset here, I will roll with whatever anyone wants to do.

I will be online in 20minutes or so...

Last edited:
hi guys, tarkus1 i have you added on PSN and i hope to see you wednesday or thursday, as of right now, if you don't mind me doing a little advertising, FEBRUARY 5TH it is a WEDNESDAY at 1PM EASTERN USA TIMEZONE im hosting a small 2hr Endurance race for 8 drivers including myself with a prize of $20 PSN card. All you need is a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C '09 OR Mitsubisihi Lancer EVO P.P. '07 ..........these cars are about 3 PP away from each other. so i propose a 512hp & 1300kg race on Race Soft tires for 50 laps around Mount Panorama, SIMULATOR STYLE RACING, which means everything HEAVY including penalties, the only difference i make for this endurance is a STRONG SLIPSTREAM plus VERY FAST TIRE WEAR, so far i have recorded doing 2:11:xxx and i could only last 7 laps MAX i recommend pitting every 6 laps to keep lap times quick. if you are interested on FEBRUARY 5TH WEDNESDAY contact me, either through PSN TEAMworkPLEASE or text me (315) 338-3032 then ill set up some lobbies for some practice races. Im normally on wednesdays or thursdays but can be up early any day of the week. Hope to hear from you guys, and i look foward to driving with u tarkus on wednesday or thursday!

add me. PSN: tjger

I'm in the central time zone so this great. Thursday night racing.
I'm an automatic transmission driver so I'm easy prey.

THANKS

Hi Everyone,

I'm on everyday psn- PICHON617

Hey Everyone, thanks for participating in the races last night. We had some great runs and everything was very clean. From what I've heard so far, everyone had a great time and I hope you can all make it out again. I had a blast!

Hey Everyone, thanks for participating in the races last night. We had some great runs and everything was very clean. From what I've heard so far, everyone had a great time and I hope you can all make it out again. I had a blast!
I couldn't participate due to internet problems, I hope I can participate in the next Thursday, can I? :embarrassed:

Hi Djowsef,
Don't worry about it and of course you're welcome to join in this coming week. We certainly don't expect everyone to make it every time. Hopefully you'll join the room, have a great time and keep coming back.

Race No. 2 update:
Great turn-out from GTplanet members. Thanks so much for joining and sticking around. There were some great races with Teamwork, Stockerace, JLG and Tjger all taking top spots while tarkus1 (me) spent much time hanging out with a wall. As they say "there's always next time". Next week i'll be back with a vengeance!!!! I think the new rules are everyone uses comfort soft tires but me LOL.
yeah, I'm sure that will go over well.
Hope you can all make it out again next week.

Anyone racing tonight?

I was terrible thursday, probably should have gotten sleep after my 20+hr plowing snow excursion...Well done for everyone else

Last edited:
Anyone racing tonight?

I was terrible thursday, probably should have gotten sleep after my 20+hr plowing snow excursion...Well done for everyone else
I still think you did better than I did Thursday. But since we're not keeping track we'll call it even.

This is to everyone that has been joining my races every Thursday night (see above). I have had some NASCAR requests but know not everyone has an appropriate car for this. If you're planning on racing again this Thursday, hopefully you'll have a NASCAR. This is NOT going to be an all NASCAR night as I don't plan on fixing something that isn't broken. Just thought we would expand the choices a little.
If you were planning on racing and DO NOT have one, it's not a big deal as I think we could work something out.
Also want to note that we still have room for more if you're interested but haven't yet jumped in.

Havent drove 1 Nascar yet, but why not Im up for anything. I will purchase one before thursday.

They still have the peanut M&M one? Haha looking foward to it...

Havent drove 1 Nascar yet, but why not Im up for anything. I will purchase one before thursday.

They still have the peanut M&M one? Haha looking foward to it...
you get a free NASCAR for getting half of the stars in IA if you can do it before thursday. Stockerace

Back